[MORE TRACKS] - GTS needs more circuits, urgently!

• Thread starter BrunusCL82
  • 193 comments
I had this discussion elsewhere but this might be the appropriate thread.

With the time they spent putting together those rally tracks and ovals, couldn't have they done something better and include actual racing tracks?

This is a massive shortcoming that no other producer could have afforded were they not protected by Sony

I had this discussion elsewhere but this might be the appropriate thread.

With the time they spent putting together those rally tracks and ovals, couldn't have they done something better and include actual racing tracks?

This is a massive shortcoming that no other producer could have afforded were they not protected by Sony

Obviously lots of people don't like oval racing but at least they have a place in motor racing, however I hate to say it because I love rally racing but I swear the rally tracks are a total waste of space in GTS. The rally tracks should have been left off and if PD didn't want to pay licenses for some more real race courses at least replace rally tracks with some classic PD fantasy race courses.

Obviously lots of people don't like oval racing but at least they have a place in motor racing, however I hate to say it because I love rally racing but I swear the rally tracks are a total waste of space in GTS. The rally tracks should have been left off and if PD didn't want to pay licenses for some more real race courses at least replace rally tracks with some classic PD fantasy race courses.

All Gran Turismo games have rally tracks.

All Gran Turismo games have rally tracks.

Unless I'm misremembering, GT1 didn't have any rally events. That started with GT2.

Regardless, it's obviously not very popular, especially with the online crowd. PD knows this, since we've never seen a rally track show up in a daily race. Without a co-pilot, it's a very superficial rally experience anyway. IMO, get rid of it if they aren't going to do it properly.

Unless I'm misremembering, GT1 didn't have any rally events. That started with GT2.

Regardless, it's obviously not very popular, especially with the online crowd. PD knows this, since we've never seen a rally track show up in a daily race. Without a co-pilot, it's a very superficial rally experience anyway. IMO, get rid of it if they aren't going to do it properly.
Oh yea, you're right. Rally started on GT2. :D I forgot that.

The only rally related thing in GT one was the impreza rally car

Btw I just had a look on Forza’s forum what their track list is...

I just want to cry here, what a joke this game turned out to be

Look at sport mode, recycling the same races for months now

Btw I just had a look on Forza’s forum what their track list is...

I just want to cry here, what a joke this game turned out to be

Look at sport mode, recycling the same races for months now
The main point is that a big part of the new tracks in GT6 are not in GTSport: Silverstone, Ascari, Apricot Hill, Matterhorn, Goodwood. Even more surprising for DLC tracks made in 2015 like Midfield and Red Bull Ring. Unlike Forza.

You're complaining about ovals, but I think them necessary. They are racing circuits and have your audience.

What I can not understand is about the rally circuits and the Tokyo Highway circuits. Terrible! Where were they with the mind to create these horrible circuits?

It was preferable to bring Stage Route 11 or Special 5, or even bring new world circuits such as Imola or Spa. Or bring other Japanese circuits such as Sugo or Autopolis.

While losing the time and resources to create Tokyo Highway and these Rally tracks, would not it be better to create Midfield Raceway, Trial Mountain or Red Rock Valley for GTS? I am sure there would not be an individual who would oppose such a decision.

It may be pretentious, but I think of a group of 100 people, a person should just prefer the Tokyo Highway instead of Midfield Raceway, for example.

DP is somewhat alienated from the tastes of the community.

I really can not understand certain PD decisions. Some are really unpopular.

There are so many circuits to adopt in the game, and they decide to bring unpopular and non-functional circuits. Terribles!

Anyway, I have 300 hours of play, and I'm really bored.

Last edited:
You're complaining about ovals, but I find them necessary. They are racing circuits and have your audience.

If they made a blank stock car like the F-1 car, it would break open a whole other series of racing. I wish they would have the 3 daily races plus one F-1 and one go-kart race since those stock level cars make racing nothing but pure skill.

Back