More Wet-Weather Tracks Are Coming to Gran Turismo Sport

The title of this article bugs me lol. It shouldn't say more are coming, because that implies we have some. We don't have any outside of that I'm random challenge event.

I definitely want to see weather included, however I would prefer more tracks (a lot more) to be the number one priority right now

Yeah. This game looks so great only because of static lighting. Having day-night cycle would greatly impact visual quality.
When digital foundry tested GTS,they did say that GTS produces real time shadows and reflections according to the apparent position of the sun.So they can just move the sun around(I know it isn't easy but it is possible without hampering the quality that much) and put dynamic clouds

When digital foundry tested GTS,they did say that GTS produces real time shadows and reflections according to the apparent position of the sun.So they can just move the sun around(I know it isn't easy but it is possible without hampering the quality that much) and put dynamic clouds
I thought I heard opposite to be honest, shadows are all pre-baked and only the cars use dynamic shadows. I think :P .

...now I know where I "read" about it :) Yeap, they did it, and that's why some of the shadows look so jaggy in the background. But as I said, it is probably done for consistency and locked fps to 60...

I think its funny some people think PD are prioritizing rain over adding more tracks. I would assume that tracks are currently getting worked on and will roll out sometime next year.

...well, I have a feeling that many track that lack in game are basically not finished... and that is main reason, but this adding rain to track is more as if they wanna add weather effects to excising tracks...
I really like when you choose 20:30 at Nordschleife it gives it that nice feeling with all that fogginess etc... would like to see it wet upon on that... but would rather have it like 24h cycle...

And by that, I really don't see a reason to make it fully 24h dynamic, they could make environment recalculate for every 10-15minutes, but only real time on cars... Would be much more cost effective, yet it would be almost same as dynamically rendered...

Allow us to move the seat further forward in cockpit FOV first please. The FOV adjustments should be opened way up, not restricted to 5 on the slider.

Then make it rain if you must.

...well, I'd like to have an option where I see interior view without steering wheel. Also additional rear view mirror in all views, together with that little radar thingie always in middle... but it is PD...

......together with that little radar thingie always in middle... but it is PD...

Was asking someone who was racing online yesterday what that Radar thingy was about as I noticed it for the first time. I saw it but the needle or whatever wasn't moving and I saw no other objects in it so was wondering.

I think the rain feature is very important.

It will separate adults from children.

I love running in the rain. It requires a lot of concentration. This is great.

Now before the rain, I really wanted was the basic and original circuit pack of the GT franchise, which is:

Grand Valley Speedway
Autunm Ring
High Speed Ring
Trial Mountain
Deep forest
Special Stage Route 5
Special Stage Route 11

After, bring us the GT2 and GT4 package:

Red Rock Valley
Apricot Hill
Midfield Raceway
El Captain

From original circuits, I wanted exactly the same ones that are in Forza 7. By the way, Forza 7 has a perfect cast of real circuits.

I second that, we need more tracks very soon :)

Yeah. This game looks so great only because of static lighting. Having day-night cycle would greatly impact visual quality.
The lighting is not baked in though. It’s using the same lighting sources that dynamic lighting would but it doesn’t transition.

This is true, I saw someone use the windshield wipers in Sport mode xD I do not know if it was a bug or the guy did it consciously but they work and are animated is true
That’s because there is rain in the missions. Wipers work and rain droplets show on your windshield.

C'mon Kaz, make it rain at Willow Springs too. It does happen! And bring back the original NSX!

Seriously, though, I hate that the GT series often limits features to very specific venues. But I think at this point in GT Sports lifecycle I would much rather have more cars and more circuits than a few events that feature rain.

The last time I ran in the rain was Pikes Peak (D.R.), on asphalt or dirt, which one is the best.
I´d even liked to play a similar scenario in the GTS. Also Tokyo R24' can only be bestial in the rain, dry, with thunder, and at any time of the day... and I miss it very much.

Yes, you are

Also, given that Willow Springs is located in one of the most arid locations on the planet, it would also be quite ironic.

C'mon Kaz, make it rain at Willow Springs too. It does happen! And bring back the original NSX!

Seriously, though, I hate that the GT series often limits features to very specific venues. But I think at this point in GT Sports lifecycle I would much rather have more cars and more circuits than a few events that feature rain.

Well...That's ironic.

I think it's gonna be added real soon because Kaz said that before more tracks come, rain implementation will be added to the existing tracks.

Must have missed this. Do remember which article/interview this is from?

Been waiting for a rain update.

iqowef50mjprax4uak.gif

I think it's gonna be added real soon because Kaz said that before more tracks come, rain implementation will be added to the existing tracks. And he also said that more tracks are coming soon in the following updates. Put that together and...

Next update? In last week of January?

Forza 7 achieves it by having lots of different static lighting levels and moving between them and it works well enough

I get flashbacks from the 24 hour races in GT5 whenever anyone mentions weather; 19h of rain during my race at Le Mans, and I'm not missing it in GT Sport.

I hope these wet tracks don't pass as new tracks or I will be pissed. And to be honest, I couldn't care less about their existence. If they're there, they're there, but I'd rather the effort be put into new tracks rather than the rejuvenation of current ones.

Nurburgring at night with rainy conditions. Yesssssss!:bowdown:

The graphics would look stunning with rainy conditions. The graphics are already stunning but ya know. :sly:

Blinded by the lights in the spray, even on dipped beam, making a track which is hard to overtake on virtually impossible and verging on un-navigable whilst people blindly aquaplane off. Can't wait for that treat.

Blinded by the lights in the spray, even on dipped beam, making a track which is hard to overtake on virtually impossible and verging on un-navigable whilst people blindly aquaplane off. Can't wait for that treat.
Yeah! Sounds like a decent challenge.

And I'm sure, could be wrong so bare with me, but that's been done in real life? You could also do it on GT5 & GT6. And that was doable if you knew where you were going. It's fun to me, maybe not for you, but it is for me.

Exactly. GTS has dynamic shadows and sun lighting. The only problem here is that it also uses "baked", pre-calculated Global Illumination data to simulate light bouncing. The solution here would be system which dynamicaly switch between this pre-calculated GI data for different time of the day during day-night cycle. Horizon Zero Dawn does that, but it may be serious feature that can't come to the game within regular software update and the engine needs to be revamped to do that.

Eventually PD plays dumb, and everything is already done, just not present in the game for the sake of "game as service" buisnes model (same for the missing cars and tracks), and it's planned for the later date to keep playerbase close for as long as they can. Similar to Driveclub's weather update.

Back