More Wet-Weather Tracks Are Coming to Gran Turismo Sport

I'm watching the Australin GT3 cars at Albert Park. Just a "lil" bit of rain falling. I remember seeing wet tyres available for a Sport Mode race. Any updates about this option?

Those mission challenges with wet conditions. Maybe the tracks with wet weather, will be Blue Moon and Northern Isle, at the start.

3 months from this article and still no rain, If it was going to happen it would have happened by now, I'm rapidly losing confidence that PD will ever add rain to any tracks at all at this point.

Maybe we get rain in a Super Gt event. Not saying it's related, but we did have changing conditions in the Suzuka GT500 race in GT5 or GT6. Was it 172 or 72 laps?

Just noticed that wet tires are mentioned in the game manual.

Wet Weather Tires
Wet weather tires have channels on the treads to drain out water. Intermediate tires are used for slight rain or tracks that are wet in some parts only, while heavy-wet tires are used in all other cases.

・Racing: Intermediate (RI)
・Racing: Heavy Wet (RH)

Just noticed that wet tires are mentioned in the game manual.

Wet Weather Tires
Wet weather tires have channels on the treads to drain out water. Intermediate tires are used for slight rain or tracks that are wet in some parts only, while heavy-wet tires are used in all other cases.

・Racing: Intermediate (RI)
・Racing: Heavy Wet (RH)
In Custom Race, those tyres can be applied to your car.

I love the rainy nights and the sound on the tin roof.
:cheers:
Could be a good driving song.

Edit: or a sad country song.:crazy:

I dont know if you've ever heard it:

I like London *London* in the rain...I like London in the rain

I'm thinking that the team that deals with weather and time of day got next to nothing to do with the team that is scanning tracks or upscaling GT6 ones. So I don't view it as an 'either/or' thing. I feel we should expect a 'BOTH!' thing. And if PD, with the vast amount of money we gave them don't, we should really be thinking of going somewhere else. That other games from FAR smaller studios have much larger track counts, car counts, full dynamic time and weather, better AI, better handling, better FFB, and far more options can manage it, why are we still playing?

The glacial pace of new tracks (one in 6 months!) doesn't leave much room for optimism. We need to be overwhelmed by a huge pack of GT6 tracks pretty soon for the reality not to sink in. We paid full price for 1/3 of a game, and are extremely unlikely to ever see it return to parity with GT5/6 within the lifespan of the next TWO games. That's going to be $210 (say $70 per game) before we even get close to GT6. And still not close to where other games already are.

How long do we wait like beggars with our hands out for something we paid full price for?

I didn't pay full price for GTS (bought it new for 24.90€ a couple of weeks ago), but the lack of tracks is something that's already concerning me. Anyway, let's wait and see what we'll get this week; in the best case scenario, I think PD will add one new track and maybe a new layout for an existing circuit. Even if I'm usually optimistic, I don't expect extra features like rain/snow.

Didn't know they could actually be equipped. Same for snow tires?
No. I applied the IM tires to my Gr.3 M6. A bit slippery for the first lap until i pitted. I tried to apply snow tyres to the Gr.B lancer at Colorado, no go. I then tried to apply dirt/Snow tires, to the Golf R road car, in a Single Race vs AI. Only those two compounds are shaded.

No. I applied the IM tires to my Gr.3 M6. A bit slippery for the first lap until i pitted. I tried to apply snow tyres to the Gr.B lancer at Colorado, no go. I then tried to apply dirt/Snow tires, to the Golf R road car, in a Single Race vs AI. Only those two compounds are shaded.
I checked Sardegna and they couldn't be applied, but I don't remember if it's possible around Fisherman's Ranch. Need to check it out again.
I've also noticed that at Willow Spring rain tires can be fitted during a pit stop, which is strange, given Kaz's words, and that when setting up a custom race, the loss of grip on wet tracks can be customized (weak/real, IIRC).

Everything seems to be ready for rain to appear in GTS but we're still waiting..

This is getting really annoying. It's been months since the game has launched and nothing so far. That plus the lack of night racing on most tracks is such a let down.
I'll give them another month and see if the April update will feature weather conditions. By the way, I hope that most of the tracks will be updated and so I'd expect rain on at least those circuits:
  • Alsace Village
  • Brands Hatch
  • Bathurst
  • Interlagos
  • Suzuka
  • Tokyo
  • Kyoto
  • Nordschleife / Nurb GP

I'll give them another month and see if the April update will feature weather conditions. By the way, I hope that most of the tracks will be updated and so I'd expect rain on at least those circuits:
  • Alsace Village
  • Brands Hatch
  • Bathurst
  • Interlagos
  • Suzuka
  • Tokyo
  • Kyoto
  • Nordschleife / Nurb GP
Maggiore and Monza have some lovely cloudy conditions.

Back