"More you play, More you learn" The true meaning.

• Thread starter sdi_03
  • 88 comments
When does the method of control get brought up into this again?

Thinking Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

When testing, my qtimes were close to what A+ would be. But when I was rated B and had A starting behind me, he would reel me in and sail past me to the sun down. Met these same A drivers when dr was match and quess what, they never catch me.
Same with A and A+. I only matched my qtimes with A+ friends when I was also A+.
But starting behind them with A dr, no chance in h to keep up. Until got the A+
Maybe you’re just inconsistent, but a good qualifier? Or you were running strong combo and in good form so your DR was already up?

Its not like all A+ drivers earned their rank solely through qualifying high either...
When does the method of control get brought up into this again?
Everyone’s talking about wheel precise this and pad assist that when the real OP peripheral was a flight stick all along.

The hypothesis can be tested easily. Just do the things according to your instructions and note the lap times (qualifying and race), then we can take a look at them and see if there actually is a boost when you reach a new dr level or if it’s just a feeling you’ve got.

Can't say this is something I've noticed in gt7, but in the rest of the gaming industry this kind of artificial boosting or control of progression is huge, and a lot of research has been put into it due to the basic premise that people play and spend less if they always lose or get stuck in a rut.

It's always been a thing with AI, with rubber banding being the most obvious example, but when players play other players it becomes a lot more complicated. Hopefully the only thing PD have implemented is the DR system, but it's not inconceivable that they put something into place to give you that one amazing race or lap every now and then that keeps you coming back to the game.

Step 4.
reload the GT7. With disc this is easy, I have bought 3 copy's of this game to make sure that this info is 100% correct.

Love it. All angles covered chief :D

Although you didn't buy a new Playstation 5 for each account, so not sure how reliable your test is here ;)

Who's to say that PD don't hide the boost code into your home WiFi network. To really be thorough you should also buy a new house with a new Internet connection.
Yep was considering that. And the Ps5/controller has facial recognition apparently so wear a mask when playing from different accounts.

Oh you guys are so funny. 😂😂

Shame and blame. Thats best when you got nothing to bring to the topic. 😄😄

Just teasing you mate. Interesting to read more 'out there' theories from time to time. I couldn;t care less either way, as long stopped playing online.

To add something half useful, I can recall other games where they claim stuff goes on - such as FIFA. Certain dynamics beyond just cold hard player stats involved, in the interest of keeping worse players interested in the game and spending money. Also players at all levels. Ups and downs, sometimes artificially if theories are believed, which causes emotion spikes either way, and players more likely to buy FIFA coins, packs etc.

Last edited:
B80
Just teasing you mate. Interesting to read more 'out there' theories from time to time. I couldn;t care less either way, as long stopped playing online.
No worries. 😄 I knew that this theory would be really controverisial.

Oh you guys are so funny. 😂😂

Shame and blame. Thats best when you got nothing to bring to the topic. 😄😄

I've already explained my findings with your theory.

The simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

You're claiming that there is a secret boost mechanic that makes you car faster as you move up the ranks. You're also claiming that this isn't linked to your save data or account, but to the actual console so that all accounts are ..... boosted equally? Why would PD want it linked to the console rather than an account?

What most people are describing can be explained by variations in matchmaking. Sometimes you'll be the fastest driver in a lobby, sometimes the slowest, and usually somewhere in the middle.

I haven't seen any evidence put forward that shows a sudden improvement in lap time when ranking up (that couldn't be explained by a player just improving their lap times as they get better).

What you're describing is very far fetched.

I've already explained my findings with your theory.

The simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

You're claiming that there is a secret boost mechanic that makes you car faster as you move up the ranks. You're also claiming that this isn't linked to your save data or account, but to the actual console so that all accounts are ..... boosted equally? Why would PD want it linked to the console rather than an account?

What most people are describing can be explained by variations in matchmaking. Sometimes you'll be the fastest driver in a lobby, sometimes the slowest, and usually somewhere in the middle.

I haven't seen any evidence put forward that shows a sudden improvement in lap time when ranking up (that couldn't be explained by a player just improving their lap times as they get better).

What you're describing is very far fetched.
No, you got me wrong. Its linked to accounts and game saves in those accounts.
Thats why you need to remove all old avcounts and saves.
When you do this, you lose your game from the console, thats why you need new copy of the game and new account with new ps plus.

Last edited:
No, you got me wrong. Its linked to accounts and game saves in those accounts.
Thats why you need to remove all old avcounts and saves.
When you do this, you lose your game from the console, thats why you need new copy of the game and new account with new ps plus.
So why doesn't it work with alt accounts, that have their own save files?

So why doesn't it work with alt accounts, that have their own save files?
All alt accounts are linked to same game copy.
Your main acc contains the game, your alts use the main acc game copy.
If you remove account that contains the game, it will remove the whole game from the console.
And to make this more confusing, the highes ranking account is the one that dictates the XP level. Even if its the alt one.

All alt accounts are linked to same game copy.
Your main acc contains the game, your alts use the main acc game copy.
If you remove account that contains the game, it will remove the whole game from the console.
And to make this more confusing, the highes ranking account is the one that dictates the XP level. Even if its the alt one.
Firstly, games cannot amend their own game files. Account specific files are kept in save game files, that's literally what they're for.

Secondly, even if games could do this, why would PD structure it like this? Wouldn't they want it tied to specific accounts rather than all accounts using the same game files? It's just way too convoluted.

I'll hark back to "the simplest explanation is usually the correct one".

I still haven't seen any evidence to show what's being claimed, and my own experience is the exact opposite when using a D rated account on a separate console.

I noticed something really really weird this afternoon.
So I went to the house of a friend of mine, and we decided to play GT7. Mustang GT at Blue Moon Bay Speedway. Dualsense. Split screen. I lost the race 😅 But we noticed that something was not right with my car during the race and after that we went to check if there was another Mustang GT available. But there was only one.
Race 2: Porsche Cayman GT4 at Bathurst (a track that I really like).
Look I’m not an alien, actually I am far from it. But I consider myself as a fast and consistent driver.
Final result of a 3 lap race around Bathurst: I ended up second place behind his 12 year old son!!
The kid drives ok, not the perfect line or braking zones but at least he can manage to stay on the asphalt.
The Porsche Cayman GT4 from the Dualsense 1 was more than 10km/h faster than mine on the straights. So all the time I gain on braking and cornering went to nothing because I was unable to compete against a car that accelerate way faster than mine.
Anyone noticed this before? 🤔
Split screen mode is bugged, and player 2 will have all the driver aids on. This would have been slowing you down.

Racing slower drivers is also going to make you drive slower, as you're going to be stuck behind them and beholden to their lines, braking points etc. and even when you're past you're going to be watching your mirrors for risky dives or weird braking points.

Also very possible if you're better in qualifying than in the race that you pick up bad habits driving with B DR drivers and it rubs off on you until you pick up habits from the higher rated drivers instead. It's absolutely not an uncommon phenomenon that trailing and following a faster driver makes you faster as well, because you're learning from them and mimicking the better line. If you apply the same driving techniques to slower drivers, you'll also be driving slower.

Was your first account the easiest to level up and the last, the hardest? That would tally with sport mode getting its share of die hard players all getting the hang of things and being more competitive.

Firstly, games cannot amend their own game files. Account specific files are kept in save game files, that's literally what they're for.

Secondly, even if games could do this, why would PD structure it like this? Wouldn't they want it tied to specific accounts rather than all accounts using the same game files? It's just way too convoluted.

I'll hark back to "the simplest explanation is usually the correct one".

I still haven't seen any evidence to show what's being claimed, and my own experience is the exact opposite when using a D rated account on a separate console.
Really good questions. I admit that Im not expert on these game saves, so all my findings are based on my tests.
Only reason I can think of why they would connect all data that uses same game copy/console, is that there cant be any differences between same user accounts.

Would it be possible for you to try to get your best time for online TT with your A+ account and then try to match it with your friends account?
Racing slower drivers is also going to make you drive slower, as you're going to be stuck behind them and beholden to their lines, braking points etc. and even when you're past you're going to be watching your mirrors for risky dives or weird braking points.

Also very possible if you're better in qualifying than in the race that you pick up bad habits driving with B DR drivers and it rubs off on you until you pick up habits from the higher rated drivers instead. It's absolutely not an uncommon phenomenon that trailing and following a faster driver makes you faster as well, because you're learning from them and mimicking the better line. If you apply the same driving techniques to slower drivers, you'll also be driving slower.
Yes, this is totally true, and I have seen me doing this copying as well. On my tests, Ive always qualified and started from pole. Or in some cases lower, but these were almost all at the top A rank with A+ players in the lobby.
But this is a possibility. Good point!
Was your first account the easiest to level up and the last, the hardest? That would tally with sport mode getting its share of die hard players all getting the hang of things and being more competitive.
First took longest, it seemed like match making was holding me on the lower lobbies. So there was some races that I got really low DR from the win.
Second time I moved up faster to higher DR lobbys. Now, this can be also due to player base being with lover DR on that time.
I have been on B dr lobbys with high B Dr and 2 sec faster q time time than P2. Was there no A dr player, or were there just for one or two lobbies, dont know.

Now, I have been thinking why would PD implement this kind of thing in to the game? As we all know all companies only exist for one reason, to make profit to its owners. There's no exceptions on this.

So more we play, more profit PD makes. They already have rewarding systems in the game, that you can see. Like the daily roulette. (ok its so bad..)
This rewarding is from psychology 1 on the page 1. "Rewarding good behaviour will guarantee behavior to become a habit" My translation, so if it sounds funny, sorry, but I think you all got the point. ;)

And just to remind, the B-Spec is all ready in the game files. This have been proved already.
I have also heard kie25 say in his stream "PD has implemented B-spec in to the game" Now, this is most likely due to the B-spec files to be found.
So its not proof that they use this code atm. Just interesting bit of info that adds to this puzzle.

And just to remind, the B-Spec is all ready in the game files. This have been proved already.
I have also heard kie25 say in his stream "PD has implemented B-spec in to the game" Now, this is most likely due to the B-spec files to be found.
So its not proof that they use this code atm. Just interesting bit of info that adds to this puzzle.
Yeah this isn't accurate at all. B-Spec is a AI debugging option; and what on earth would Kie know about it?

Last edited:
Back