"More you play, More you learn" The true meaning.

• Thread starter sdi_03
  • 88 comments
BSpec in PDI terms refers to the concept of handing car control to the AI, it has nothing to do with the actual feature where you influence the AI's driving

This happens to be unlocked for debugging/testing in QA mode, not really surprising that the naming has misled people

The problem with these sorts of circular arguments is that you can't "unlearn"

This means that each time you start a fresh account your starting it with the culmination of all the history, practice and over all experience.

Occam's razor is your answer here OP not a multifaceted extremely difficult and time consuming system to program, support and improve.

You also have the reality of a few things:

1. Is the online and dedicated online player base large enough to warrant the effort required and cover up?

2. Lobbies have issues, spilt screen still broken, LCD rotation issues etc etc

3. The constant physics and tire mechanic changes keep shifting to the point CE, Licences and leaderboards get reset for relevance.

4. Finally, what is in it for PD, what would they actually get out of it?

The problem with these sorts of circular arguments is that you can't "unlearn"

This means that each time you start a fresh account your starting it with the culmination of all the history, practice and over all experience.

Occam's razor is your answer here OP not a multifaceted extremely difficult and time consuming system to program, support and improve.

You also have the reality of a few things:

1. Is the online and dedicated online player base large enough to warrant the effort required and cover up?

2. Lobbies have issues, spilt screen still broken, LCD rotation issues etc etc

3. The constant physics and tire mechanic changes keep shifting to the point CE, Licences and leaderboards get reset for relevance.

4. Finally, what is in it for PD, what would they actually get out of it?
Yep, really good points and this could really be the case here. I have no reason to try and make any more tests, like you said I'm too biased now.
This is also the reason I brought this up here, while knowing that I will be labeled as a nut case :lol:

For Q4, what is in it for PD? Well, keep players interested longer time. More players = more profit. Simple as that.

And I really dont get why this is getting some people so offended? You still need to be fast to get A+ so this idea will not take anything away from you. Maybe my first post was somehow too provokative, dont know, might be. English isn't my first langue so.. :cheers:

And I really dont get why this is getting some people so offended? You still need to be fast to get A+ so this idea will not take anything away from you. Maybe my first post was somehow too provokative, dont know, might be. English isn't my first langue so.. :cheers:
Gran Turismo is serious business :D

I can offer hard evidence to the contrary. At the World Series Showdown and World Finals last year, Gran Turismo pros had access to network connected PS5s with blank accounts, named GTeventD[number] or something. Many of the other guys went and did daily race qualifications and got into the top 10 leaderboards and were able to win races. Keep in mind that these accounts were on fresh PS5s and we hadnt had access to them before the event. Not only that, but at home some guys have got new consoles and new accounts and started feom scratch on them, with no issues being top pace. I'd encourage you to stop with the tomfoolery. PD are a little wild sometimes, but I'd say they aren't crazy enough to include a rank boost.

I'd say you probably just relaxed way more once you got to A+, and thus improved your times by fixing an overly aggressive driving style in the previous races.

I can offer hard evidence to the contrary. At the World Series Showdown and World Finals last year, Gran Turismo pros had access to network connected PS5s with blank accounts, named GTeventD[number] or something. Many of the other guys went and did daily race qualifications and got into the top 10 leaderboards and were able to win races. Keep in mind that these accounts were on fresh PS5s and we hadnt had access to them before the event. Not only that, but at home some guys have got new consoles and new accounts and started feom scratch on them, with no issues being top pace. I'd encourage you to stop with the tomfoolery. PD are a little wild sometimes, but I'd say they aren't crazy enough to include a rank boost.

I'd say you probably just relaxed way more once you got to A+, and thus improved your times by fixing an overly aggressive driving style in the previous races.
Yep, I think @Famine mentioned this before. But as always, these "blank" accounts were provided by PD so. :lol:
Ok, ill remove my tinfoil hat :cheers:

But yes good point also, like I said before, I do think that this all can be just "Occam's razor" like @newmedia_dev said.

One more thing, I have wondered about the game saves and what info those contains.
Now this happened in the GT Sport, but to be honest, GT7 is just polished GT Sport IMO.
Now, in sport, there was a bug that corrupted game save would give you super grippy tyres. Why this info/parameter was in the game save at all?? Had nothing to do with the leveling??

Yep, I think @Famine mentioned this before. But as always, these "blank" accounts were provided by PD so. :lol:
Ok, ill remove my tinfoil hat :cheers:

But yes good point also, like I said before, I do think that this all can be just "Occam's razor" like @newmedia_dev said.

One more thing, I have wondered about the game saves and what info those contains.
Now this happened in the GT Sport, but to be honest, GT7 is just polished GT Sport IMO.
Now, in sport, there was a bug that corrupted game save would give you super grippy tyres. Why this info/parameter was in the game save at all?? Had nothing to do with the leveling??
Probably just an oversight where some silly calculation error took place. Imagine a line of code that basically says "if the player goes from RH to RS tyres, add like 10% grip" but then that line is misprogrammed to still count even if a different car gets selected. Then, they choose another car, change that car to softs, and the effect stacks and you've got more grip than intended.

Note the above situation is total speculation, but it is possible a really silly (and clearly not extremely common) bug or calculation error could easily sneak onto save files because save files include the properties of the cars you own. One calculation error might cause that save to have incorrect stats for cars.

It seems that that was rather unintended, because PD eventually got around to fixing it. It also appeared to not involve levelling because many lower rated drivers (as low as B) were beating top split drivers, including pros.

Sorry guys, had to come back to this.

So, few weeks ago, just after the C8 TT begun, my GT7 needed an update before starting. I was thinking that I had turned off my game when saving or something like that. I have never needed to update game this way before.

Now, my game has been starting diffrently on my sdi account for a long time. After this update my game started normal way, my main account had recover the DR I lost at at the start of the GT7 journey and my A DR alt is now low B. So for some reason my game save went back in time.

Ok, so what's the deal, I miraculously found my lost pace on this game. Got P51 on C8 TT with just roughly 30laps....

Now, I didn't play until the new TT comes a round and noticed, ok the game is starting odd again, and I have lost my pace again.
Im 1 sec slower than my usual competition. So yeah, not cool.

And why I post this here, well This proves IMO that PD can affect the performance of single account, and is willing to do so.
Now this gives me great chance to prove my case, I will get me new account and lets see how much faster I can be with it.

Made short video of the start up. Game starts normal on my alt accounts.

So, remember friends "More you play, more you learn" :lol:

Sorry guys, had to come back to this.

So, few weeks ago, just after the C8 TT begun, my GT7 needed an update before starting. I was thinking that I had turned off my game when saving or something like that. I have never needed to update game this way before.

Now, my game has been starting diffrently on my sdi account for a long time. After this update my game started normal way, my main account had recover the DR I lost at at the start of the GT7 journey and my A DR alt is now low B. So for some reason my game save went back in time.

Ok, so what's the deal, I miraculously found my lost pace on this game. Got P51 on C8 TT with just roughly 30laps....

Now, I didn't play until the new TT comes a round and noticed, ok the game is starting odd again, and I have lost my pace again.
Im 1 sec slower than my usual competition. So yeah, not cool.

And why I post this here, well This proves IMO that PD can affect the performance of single account, and is willing to do so.
Now this gives me great chance to prove my case, I will get me new account and lets see how much faster I can be with it.

Made short video of the start up. Game starts normal on my alt accounts.

So, remember friends "More you play, more you learn" :lol:

What is strange about that?

No, both EMEA
I have just started my game up and it's exactly the same as your video except I have the loading movie off and get a GT loading animation sometimes (GT in the middle with rotating loading rings around it)

Woah! I've never had the PS Studio bit or the movie

Last edited:
Have you heard this phrase from PD Kaz? If you have, never wondered what it really means?
Logic says, that yep, more you play, more you learn. Right?

What if I told you, that its not the whole truth??

Well it isn't. This phrase and "the Real Driving Simulator" are correct tho, but PD never opened up the whole system behind them.

What it really means, is that PD has implemented leveling system (like the B-spec, but you are really the driver) under the skin of the game. You could call it HP or XP, what it basically do, is while you progress in Sport mode ranks, game gives you more "boost" to get better times and be faster.

Why? Its all designed to keep you grinding and get the feeling you are progressing. Ok, you will get better player, but the gains are smaller if this system was not there.

Now, most of you will call this BS, here's how you can test it your self.
Best candidates for this test are A+ players with disc copy of the game.

Step 1.
Remove existing copy of GT7 from your PS.

Step 2.
Remove all player accounts. All accounts are linked, that's why you cant test this with alt accounts. You need completely new start for this to work.
(make sure that you have passwords and emails for these accounts, that you can restore them later)

Step 3.
Create new user account and get ps plus for it.

Step 4.
reload the GT7. With disc this is easy, I have bought 3 copy's of this game to make sure that this info is 100% correct.

Step 5.
Start grinding the game, you'll see that it not that easy to get back to A+. When I was ranked B, A players drove in to the distance. At A rank, A+ drws drove into distance. At A+, I was competing same friends as normal, and won few top split races.

So, there you go. If you dont believe me, fine, keep grinding.
If you test this, pls report back what you find out.

And pls, keep it civilized. (put's on the flame suit) ;)
Small tip. I dont know if will be the case cause i dont play much lately and when i do i dont track my DR points. In seasonal Races you get extra DR points, in GT sport in B rank if you winned you could get arround 1000 points per race, if your good between Manu and Nations if theres 3 slots each and if your good you can get 6000 DR points in a single Day/weekend..., multiply that by all the races in each season and you´ll see that spamming dailys its almot pointless if you really whant to climb the Rank...

Last edited:
Small tip. I dont know if will be the case cause i dont play much lately and when i do i dont track my DR points. In seasonal Races you get extra DR points, in GT sport in B rank if you winned you could get arround 1000 points per race, if your good between Manu and Nations if theres 3 slots each and if your good you can get 6000 DR points in a single Day/weekend..., multiply that by all the races in each season and you´ll see that spamming dailys its almot pointless if you really whant to climb the Rank...
ok, Have only played the TT's for a long time. So no DR lost or gain.

In seasonal Races you get extra DR points
No. I can see how you'd get that impression, but it's not true.

DR is a straight exchange. You take DR from everyone you beat, as a proportion of the difference between your DR at the start of the race and their DR at the start of the race. You lose DR to everyone who beats you, on the same basis.

It's simply down to the fact that in Daily Races there's a higher chance you'll be matched with people with wildly out of whack DR ranks (and therefore points).

If you're winning a race with 15 other DR B drivers (whether that's a GTWS race or a Daily Race B/C), you're going to take more points than if you win a race with one DR A driver, eight other DR B drivers, five DR C drivers, and a DR D driver.

On the flip side, the same also applies to losing points.

My other accounts have short video and notice "be a safe driver and wear seatbelt" etc info before th "polyphony" text.

my GT7 has done this start up when i start the game after every update (game or system update) since launch..
only does it the one time then it loads like the other vid u posted.. nothing strange going on

my GT7 has done this start up when i start the game after every update (game or system update) since launch..
only does it the one time then it loads like the other vid u posted.. nothing strange going on
My alt1 show the long vid always. Alt2 starts with the GT logo
My sdi acc dont even have the gt logo.
Seems odd to me.

Well. Now that this game is getting boring anyway, I ll make it my nee hobby to see if there really is a difference between accounts. 😂😂

No. I can see how you'd get that impression, but it's not true.

DR is a straight exchange. You take DR from everyone you beat, as a proportion of the difference between your DR at the start of the race and their DR at the start of the race. You lose DR to everyone who beats you, on the same basis.

It's simply down to the fact that in Daily Races there's a higher chance you'll be matched with people with wildly out of whack DR ranks (and therefore points).

If you're winning a race with 15 other DR B drivers (whether that's a GTWS race or a Daily Race B/C), you're going to take more points than if you win a race with one DR A driver, eight other DR B drivers, five DR C drivers, and a DR D driver.

On the flip side, the same also applies to losing points.
I didnt took, i meantioned GT sport cause back in the day i used an App and a site to track my DR.
And i remember that in top splits from B rank i could easely get near 1k DR points before get to A rank.
I know it has to do with others DR aswell..., i dont know how the DR points work now in terms of sheer amount people gain in each Rank when the lobby its packed with same rank has us or higher.

Season races dont give that boost in DR anymore? I remember dailys gave like 1/3 of that value or less depending of the lobby.

I didnt took, i meantioned GT sport cause back in the day i used an App and a site to track my DR.
And i remember that in top splits from B rank i could easely get near 1k DR points before get to A rank.
I know it has to do with others DR aswell..., i dont know how the DR points work now in terms of sheer amount people gain in each Rank when the lobby its packed with same rank has us or higher.

Season races dont give that boost in DR anymore? I remember dailys gave like 1/3 of that value or less depending of the lobby.
It hasn't changed since GT Sport.

Back