Mosler MT900 GTR XX Twin Turbo 'Land Shark' (2500hp) by IAD 2009

• Thread starter StarLight
  • 71 comments
Just found this thread and had to register to add a comment. The Mosler IAD Land Shark exists. I was the buyer at Barrett-Jackson last Saturday. I met the seller at the auction and believe me, both he and the car are the real deal. The car is a work of art and the seller is a gentleman and a true professional.

Not sure if I have the ability or guts to push it hard myself. I've got Ferraris and Lambos, but this thing is in another world. The one thing the seller stressed to me was "Don't kill yourself in this car." I trust him and will follow his advice!

Just found this thread and had to register to add a comment. The Mosler IAD Land Shark exists. I was the buyer at Barrett-Jackson last Saturday. I met the seller at the auction and believe me, both he and the car are the real deal. The car is a work of art and the seller is a gentleman and a true professional.

Not sure if I have the ability or guts to push it hard myself. I've got Ferraris and Lambos, but this thing is in another world. The one thing the seller stressed to me was "Don't kill yourself in this car." I trust him and will follow his advice!

You and the builder sound like mental twins, so awesome you got along! Could you do us all a favor and show us pictures of the Land Shark. I think we'd all appreciate seeing this four wheeled marvel from a personal owners perspective.

Last edited:

Make sure you put a can of baked beans on the front seat with a handwritten piece of paper that says your GTP user name.

You and the owner sound like mental twins, so awesome you got along! Could you do us all a favor and show us pictures of the Land Shark. I think we'd all appreciate seeing this four wheeled marvel from a personal owners perspective.

Gee, such a nice response . . .

IMG_3475.JPG

IMG_3493.JPG

IMG_3497.JPG

It isn't a can of beans . . .

More once it Reliable Carriers delivers it. . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Crazy idea, maybe the guy actually did buy the car lol.

That car is freaking wicked

-----

Tip though, use the edit option for posts next time, to prevent double posts! :)

@Burn Fossils That's quite the impressive car you've got yourself. Congratulations, and I'll be looking forward to seeing some track day onboard footage!

On one hand I want to see this car destroy the standing mile and other records. On the other, looking at it from an owner's perspective with it being a one of a kind, with so much unique work I don't know if I would want to risk the car. Then again it needs to run free at least once...

Either way congratulations on the purchase are in order.

Well I was skeptical at first, but that is cool as hell! Congrats on the ride. Can't wait to see some up close pics.

Why wouldn't we be skeptical after all the bunkum we read here at times, particularly on the subject of members' rides?

@Burn Fossils has the last laugh this times, that's for sure! :D :D

It's an engine swapped Mosler that does NOT have a majority of what is claimed in the list. I guarantee most of that wasn't verified by the buyer. It's a major scam.
http://cartruthblog.blogspot.com/2009/07/vaporware-2500hp-mosler-mt900-gtr-xx.html

Last edited:
It's an engine swapped Mosler that does NOT have a majority of what is claimed in the list. I guarantee most of that wasn't verified by the buyer. It's a major scam.
The guy you quoted has been confirmed to be the buyer.

I don't see the scam, buy a stock Mosler MT900R, spend ridiculous amounts of time and money modifying it to receive roughly the same payoff a stock Mosler MT900R could have provided? Yeah, they really took this guy...

Good, maybe he'll look into it. It does NOT rev to 10,000 rpm, it is NOT AWD, it does NOT have steering wheel controls (look at the pictures for petes sake!), it does NOT have an 8 speed transmission, etc. etc. Its a major scam. I called out the BS 7 years ago and nothing has changed:
http://cartruthblog.blogspot.com/2009/07/vaporware-2500hp-mosler-mt900-gtr-xx.html
I don't think the guy cares. Whatever it does or doesn't have, he still got it for a bit less than the retail price of a Mosler MT900.

I don't think the guy cares. Whatever it does or doesn't have, he still got it for a bit less than the retail price of a Mosler MT900.

Don't you love how hit has this sequential? 8 speed transmission but it has a standard 6 speed manual gear level? The websites for the "IAD" are a joke and the address is simply a large house.

Barrett Jackson reports this car sold for $220k. I messaged the "buyer" and updated my article. It's illegal to misrepresent a car when selling it.

Don't you love how hit has this sequential? 8 speed transmission but it has a standard 6 speed manual gear level? The websites for the "IAD" are a joke and the address is simply a large house.

Barrett Jackson reports this car sold for $220k. I messaged the "buyer" and updated my article. It's illegal to misrepresent a car when selling it.
I would just quit if I were you. There are more immediate and severe consequences.

Good, maybe he'll look into it. It does NOT rev to 10,000 rpm, it is NOT AWD, it does NOT have steering wheel controls (look at the pictures for petes sake!), it does NOT have an 8 speed transmission, etc. etc. Its a major scam. I called out the BS 7 years ago and nothing has changed:

Yes, nothing has changed from the last time you linked that. I can't think of any reason why you feel the need to continue a tirade against the car, and certainly not against the person who bought the car. Read the beginning of this thread. Very few people were naive enough to actually believe the crap spewed in the OP, and when the builder himself joined to set the record straight or whatever he was laughed off the forum well before he was actually banned; so what are you actually trying to accomplish? This is now the third time you've posted how you called out a bunch of made up stats as if you'd done so any better than anyone else who cared enough to spend half a minute thinking about it., and the second time you've posted in this thread. I understand why Titanium Man joined the forum and started harassing people who badmouthed the car, even though it was pretty childish and insecure to react to a Google search about himself like that, since he at least has a vested interest in the car he built when it came time for him to auction it off. So what is your excuse for joining this forum and acting pretty much the same way, even harassing the person who bought the car at auction?

Is this all just so you can get people to view your blog?

Don't you love how none of the obviously ridiculous stuff talked about in 2009 is actually written in the auction listing, which was posted twice in the other thread you've posted in calling out the car and the builder and the buyer? Where does the auction say anything about an 8 speed sequential manual which misrepresents the car that actually has a 6 speed manual?

Last edited:
Back