Mosler MT900 GTR XX Twin Turbo 'Land Shark' (2500hp) by IAD 2009

• Thread starter StarLight
  • 71 comments
Yes, nothing has changed from the last time you linked that. I can't think of any reason why you feel the need to continue a tirade against the car, and certainly not against the person who bought the car. Read the beginning of this thread. Very few people were naive enough to actually believe the crap spewed in the OP, and when the builder himself joined to set the record straight or whatever he was laughed off the forum well before he was actually banned; so what are you actually trying to accomplish? This is now the third time you've posted how you called out a bunch of made up stats as if you'd done so any better than anyone else who cared enough to spend half a minute thinking about it., and the second time you've posted in this thread. I understand why Titanium Man joined the forum and started harassing people who badmouthed the car, even though it was pretty childish and insecure to react to a Google search about himself like that, since he at least has a vested interest in the car he built when it came time for him to auction it off. So what is your excuse for joining this forum and acting pretty much the same way, even harassing the person who bought the car at auction?

Is this all just so you can get people to view your blog?

Don't you love how none of the obviously ridiculous stuff talked about in 2009 is actually written in the auction listing, which was posted twice in the other thread you've posted in calling out the car and the builder and the buyer? Where does the auction say anything about an 8 speed sequential manual which misrepresents the car that actually has a 6 speed manual?

Because it's hilarious. And if the buyer doesn't know, I feel bad for him. I have far more important content in my blog, so no. I'd also like to see documentation or just visual proof of the new, lighter transmission, FOUR fuel tanks, "configured" for 2 at a time and two 20lb nitrous bottles.

I'd also like to see documentation or just visual proof of the new, lighter transmission, FOUR fuel tanks, "configured" for 2 at a time and two 20lb nitrous bottles.
We don't always get what we want. I mean I'd like people to not double-post and not to drag these Suggestions forum threads down a path on some kind of personal crusade.

We don't always get what we want. I mean I'd like people to not double-post and not to drag these Suggestions forum threads down a path on some kind of personal crusade.
That's fine too. Doesn't seem to be much sympathy for the buyer on here.

Because it's hilarious. And if the buyer doesn't know, I feel bad for him. I have far more important content in my blog, so no. I'd also like to see documentation or just visual proof of the new, lighter transmission, FOUR fuel tanks, "configured" for 2 at a time and two 20lb nitrous bottles.

This is all hilarious! I feel sorry for those that are close to you if you hold a "grudge" for seven years.

On the other hand, I sincerely appreciate your sympathy for my predicament as I'm certainly an ignorant and uneducated automobile buyer. If I hadn't won the $1,000,000 scratch off I wouldn't have even been able to buy the Mosler.

The real story, is that I purchased the Mosler because it was built to run gasoline, ethanol, methanol, and hydrogen. You see, I'm an uneducated corn farmer with a large stand of trees surrounding the cow pond in the "back 40". The plan is to make ethanol from the corn and methanol from the trees. (Don't tell anyone, but I already have a still.) The cow pond has fish in it and we regularly "electro-fish" it for Friday fish fries. I figure that I can build a tent from a sheet of plastic that will go above the pond. Then when we elctro-fish we can capture the resulting hydrogen. Cool idea, eh?

From there it's simple math. With the drop in gas prices and my easy access to ethanol, methanol, and hydrogen I'll be able to take my twelve kids to the one room school house for about $18.95/year. Naturally, that assumes U-Haul can install a hitch on the Mosler to pull my cattle trailer with rest of the kids in it. After all I can only fit three of the little "tikes" in the passenger seat!

Sorry, but I had to. . .

I bought the Mosler, because I wanted the Mosler for what it is today, not what it may have been (fact or fiction) in 2009 or any other time. The reality is it's bad ass, it's as rare as heck, it's in near perfect condition, it has well over 1,000 HP in it's current detuned state, and it is capable of way more power with some simple electronic tuning should I ever want it. The fact is - It's a great addition to my collection and I intend to enjoy it thoroughly!

Just for grins, how many street legal "almost GTP" cars of any vintage are in your garage? If you have some, more power to you! I can now say "I have one!"

BTW - You wanted beans, you got 'em. Hope refries works!

Beans1.JPG

This is all hilarious! I feel sorry for those that are close to you if you hold a "grudge" for seven years.

On the other hand, I sincerely appreciate your sympathy for my predicament as I'm certainly an ignorant and uneducated automobile buyer. If I hadn't won the $1,000,000 scratch off I wouldn't have even been able to buy the Mosler.

The real story, is that I purchased the Mosler because it was built to run gasoline, ethanol, methanol, and hydrogen. You see, I'm an uneducated corn farmer with a large stand of trees surrounding the cow pond in the "back 40". The plan is to make ethanol from the corn and methanol from the trees. (Don't tell anyone, but I already have a still.) The cow pond has fish in it and we regularly "electro-fish" it for Friday fish fries. I figure that I can build a tent from a sheet of plastic that will go above the pond. Then when we elctro-fish we can capture the resulting hydrogen. Cool idea, eh?

From there it's simple math. With the drop in gas prices and my easy access to ethanol, methanol, and hydrogen I'll be able to take my twelve kids to the one room school house for about $18.95/year. Naturally, that assumes U-Haul can install a hitch on the Mosler to pull my cattle trailer with rest of the kids in it. After all I can only fit three of the little "tikes" in the passenger seat!

Sorry, but I had to. . .

I bought the Mosler, because I wanted the Mosler for what it is today, not what it may have been (fact or fiction) in 2009 or any other time. The reality is it's bad ass, it's as rare as heck, it's in near perfect condition, it has well over 1,000 HP in it's current detuned state, and it is capable of way more power with some simple electronic tuning should I ever want it. The fact is - It's a great addition to my collection and I intend to enjoy it thoroughly!

Just for grins, how many street legal "almost GTP" cars of any vintage are in your garage? If you have some, more power to you! I can now say "I have one!"

BTW - You wanted beans, you got 'em. Hope refries works!

What a nice, appreciative reply. Good luck with your purchase. Hope you run it at a track event someday rather than just sitting in your garage. There is no grudge, the story resurfaced because of a comment on my blog. I don't like to see the public, auction houses and buyers lied to. Do you?

What a nice, appreciative reply. Good luck with your purchase. Hope you run it at a track event someday rather than just sitting in your garage. There is no grudge, the story resurfaced because of a comment on my blog. I don't like to see the public, auction houses and buyers lied to. Do you?

How do I read your blog?

How do I read your blog?

It's here:
http://cartruthblog.blogspot.com/

I started it in early 2009. Kept it current for a while when I was with Examiner.com and then neglected it. When Examiner.com announced they were closing down, I had to import everything over and it didn't import cleanly. I've slowly been going over them. Everything after 2/7/12 was imported in July 2016.

Examiner.com led to WAJ.org and MotorPressGuild.com media organizations, so yearly track days are a lot of fun.
I also have a San Jose Cars Examiner Facebook page, Twitter & a recent Instagram account.

Autochannel.com and Autowire.net picked me up. and now I'm a Shell Oil Co. "Influencer" or ambassador and they send me to events for social media interaction.

The entire journey has been amazing for only being a hobby.

It's here:
http://cartruthblog.blogspot.com/

I started it in early 2009. Kept it current for a while when I was with Examiner.com and then neglected it. When Examiner.com announced they were closing down, I had to import everything over and it didn't import cleanly. I've slowly been going over them. Everything after 2/7/12 was imported in July 2016.

Examiner.com led to WAJ.org and MotorPressGuild.com media organizations, so yearly track days are a lot of fun.
I also have a San Jose Cars Examiner Facebook page, Twitter & a recent Instagram account.

Autochannel.com and Autowire.net picked me up. and now I'm a Shell Oil Co. "Influencer" or ambassador and they send me to events for social media interaction.

The entire journey has been amazing for only being a hobby.

That's awesome! Congrats on your success! I'll check it out.

That's awesome! Congrats on your success! I'll check it out.
Thank you! My job interferes with my hobby, isn't that always the case, lol!

Just returned from Shell's Technical Center in Houston. The V Power Nitro+ cleaning from their gasoline additive technology and Pure Plus oil purity is very impressive. Cleaning 60% of deposits by weight in one tank of gas and varnish-free crank cases and valvetrains is pretty cool stuff.

Back