Most frustrated GT6 challenge

  • Thread starter Thread starter sid_chiclana
  • 119 comments
  • 22,605 views

Which is your most frustrated GT6 challenge?


  • Total voters
    261
Messages
2,249
England
Norwich
Messages
pako_donna
Finally reached the 101% and finished the game today and I must say, I've really enjoyed getting through all different challenges/missions/licenses etc.

Being a GT hard-core user since the beginning of the franchise some 15 years ago, I can also add, this has been for me, the easiest Gran Turismo to fully complete.

Having said that, and using a DS3, there have been a few challenges, where I honestly thought I reached the end of the road and believed that, was the point where I'd get stuck and fail to complete the game.
The same feeling of the GT5 Grand Tour challenge around the Eiger Nordwand with the Alfa Romeo C8...

So please, join the fun and let us know, which GT6 challenge, caused you the more frustration :D
 
Last edited:
101%

It's official kids, we're still stuck in the 90's (In a good way) :p
 
That lunar mission was the only one that sparked any frustration from that list...
 
That lunar mission was the only one that sparked any frustration from that list...
I don't see how it's possible until Kaz sits in my living room and shows me how it's done..
 
The redbull, I don't like this car, I've got all gold stars except this last goodwood race...
 
The redbull, I don't like this car, I've got all gold stars except this last goodwood race...
You play DS3?
 
Weird, I didn't struggle with the Lunar mission. I thought I would, reading what you had to do, but I managed it first time. The S-License tests were fine other than the Aventador, which I had the pace for but kept messing up and running off on one corner or another, and the Veyron, which just needed a clean lap to be golded. Same with the Red Bull at Goodwood, any lap you actually finish should be enough for gold, was for me anyway :p

The worst events for me, which is why I voted "other", are the coffee break cone challenges. The economy ones and the drift ones are fine, but those cone ones are just irritating to me, I haven't golded a single one I don't think.
 
Didn't encounter one that really "Frustrated" me. Other than the occasional restart here and there, never really got frustrated. GT6, imo has been the easiest one yet.
 
Didn't encounter one that really "Frustrated" me. Other than the occasional restart here and there, never really got frustrated. GT6, imo has been the easiest one yet.

Lucky you :lol:
 
Gotta say Shifter kart race at the GT arena. Not because of the karts because they're good, its because of the AWFUL track layout of the GT arena. Very very small, very very narrow and in general it sucks.
I didnt have a problem at all with the rest of the list.
The Red Bull Goodwood run surely was challenging, but in the end it's still Goodwood, its an event with some history.
 
Gotta say Shifter kart race at the GT arena. Not because of the karts because they're good, its because of the AWFUL track layout of the GT arena. Very very small, very very narrow and in general it sucks

Actually i gotta say those kart races were kind of frustrating, had to mess with my wheel settings until i could get it to stop spinning out.
 
Actually i gotta say those kart races were kind of frustrating, had to mess with my wheel settings until i could get it to stop spinning out.

There you have it, not so lucky after all bro (kidding) :lol:
 
Actually i gotta say those kart races were kind of frustrating, had to mess with my wheel settings until i could get it to stop spinning out.
I play with a controller (not DS3 but actually Sixaxis) and its not easy at all to drive them FAST, you need the precision of a surgeon to control the spins :scared:
But the main thing is the Shifter kart is rather fast, therefore it needs a larger track than the terrible GT Arena (this track is so small that its only suitable for the junior/100 karts and thats it)
 
There you have it, not so lucky after all bro (kidding) :lol:

Hahaha, going into those i was thinking they were going to be a breeze. Definitely the hardest challenges in GT6.


I play with a controller (not DS3 but actually Sixaxis) and its not easy to drive them quickly, you need the precision of a surgeon to control the spins :scared:
But the main thing is the Shifter kart is quite fast, it needs a larger track than the terrible GT Arena (this track is so small that its only suitable for the junior/100 karts and thats it)

Exactly, the combines speed of the karts with the sharpness of some of the corners made it almost impossible to not spin. I was driving them with 900 degrees of rotation so it wasn't soo touchy hahaha.
 
I hate driving the karts with the DS3. I have a steering wheel but cant be 🤬 setting it up most of the time as young kids (under 2) pull at the cords. The lunar challenge was quite easy i got a 1.10.xxx.

I will have to wait until I get some free time one night and set steering wheel up to knock some of the cart challenges out.
 
I hate driving the karts with the DS3. I have a steering wheel but cant be 🤬 setting it up most of the time as young kids (under 2) pull at the cords. The lunar challenge was quite easy i got a 1.10.xxx.

I will have to wait until I get some free time one night and set steering wheel up to knock some of the cart challenges out.
I'm still working on S-4 and S-5, but was able to get the last Kart race out of the way yesterday. Managed to win the series after around 5 or 6 attempts with a 3rd in the last race and have been re-doing that last race, ended up with over 150 miles on the darn thing after all was said and done. Pretty dirty racing on my part, a lot of dive bombing / block-passing that'd earn me a punch in the face in real life. Actually, make that about 13 or 14 punches.

420
 
For me the Red Bull X1 Goodwood Hillclimb was easy, but the most difficult event so far is the Aston Martin One-77 Goodwood Hillclimb. It took me so many tries to stay on track and get gold.

Horrific understeer :mad: and my horrific driving :p
 
S-2 pissed me off to the bitter end. You're driving at night on a very poorly lit track filled to the brim with awkward turns that look like you can barrel down them in 100 MPH, but in fact they require you to practically come to a COMPLETE STOP. I didn't even complete it, I effing hate it.
 
None of the above, I vote for the Drift-Challenges. I simply cannot drift using my wheel. So I golded them with the pad after some time
 
I voted the lunar mission 3 I find it impossible to gold.
I also thought it was impossible until I realised you don't need to hit all the cones in order
 
I also thought it was impossible until I realised you don't need to hit all the cones in order
At first I tried going balls to the wall and then I tried going in order, and them I went backwards all to no avail... I'm going to try the video above in the next hour and I'll reply to see if it'll do
 
At first I tried going balls to the wall and then I tried going in order, and them I went backwards all to no avail... I'm going to try the video above in the next hour and I'll reply to see if it'll do
The best is to hit mostly the ones on the outside and go as fast as possible.
 
I don't even attempt racing the X2010 using my Dualshock controller so I vote for the kart 125 shifter in GT arena race...
Grrrrrrrrrr :mad::mad:🤬:mad:

It was sooooo annoying, I hated ever nanosecond I was racing in those karts and I'm so glad I finally got gold in all of those races and now I will never ever touch those stupid karts ever again!! 🤬
 
Of those listed the Veyron for sure was the most frustrating. The S license on Willow Springs was pretty bad as well, I could not see the road at all there at first, finally cranked up the brightness and managed to see a little

I thought the X2010 was surprisingly easy, I almost got the gold on the first run and did get Gold on the second full run.

I had more trouble in the Aston One than any of the other cars there
 
Back