Most frustrated GT6 challenge

  • Thread starter Thread starter sid_chiclana
  • 119 comments
  • 22,605 views

Which is your most frustrated GT6 challenge?


  • Total voters
    261
Do events get frustrated too? That's crazy! Haha.

I never got frustrated though. I did have to commit to the red bull at goodwood event. But after slowly increasing my pace I managed to get gold with a controller.
 
The stupid drift ones. I just really didn't want to do them.

I feel your pain.

The coffee break challenges are not required for completion, I struggled to achieve silver on iA Drift Challenge and cannot get bronze in the Super Drift Challenge, however, I have 101% and platinum trophy.
 
I feel your pain.

The coffee break challenges are not required for completion, I struggled to achieve silver on iA Drift Challenge and cannot get bronze in the Super Drift Challenge, however, I have 101% and platinum trophy.

I'm not at S yet, but I did manage to get gold in the IA one. It's not that difficult to get a good amount of points on individual sectors, but it's frustrating to try to string them all together into one good run.
 
THE only race that I literally restarted for multiple hours was "Super License S-4 - Brands Hatch: Lamborghini Aventador"
 
Other: Coffee Break drifting.

The last two events? I'm not... I'm not good.
 
Of the ones you mentioned, the only one I had problems on getting gold was the X2010. Had to do it at least ten times.

It's interesting to see how people find some challenges easy that others find impossible. I see that the most voted one is the 125 Shifter challenge. I think all the Kart challenges were an absolute joke and even easier than they were in GT5.

Yet as I mentioned, I found the X2010 challenge almost impossible, when other people nailed it almost at the first try.
 
I see, I should have included the Aston Martin at Goodwood too.
That thing is like a tank, which won't want to turn :(
Took me a few attempts too...

I'm glad it's not just me. I've still not golded that one. Absolute pig of a car. Goes like a rocket but, like a rocket, once it's going there's very little you can do to make it slow down or change direction.
 
Of the ones you mentioned, the only one I had problems on getting gold was the X2010. Had to do it at least ten times.

It's interesting to see how people find some challenges easy that others find impossible. I see that the most voted one is the 125 Shifter challenge. I think all the Kart challenges were an absolute joke and even easier than they were in GT5.

Yet as I mentioned, I found the X2010 challenge almost impossible, when other people nailed it almost at the first try.
I found the 125 shift kart challenge particularly stupid because the last one in gt arena, I did 3 quarters of the lap at the limiter in 2nd gear and then in the big curve that takes you through the start/finish, just row up the gears to 5th and then back down to 2nd when braking. Absolutely terrible race. I didn't post a time as good as a lot of the folks in the x2011 goodwood challenge and just stopped when I had a clean run that was good enough for gold. I hit the hay bales 2 or 3 times when I first got gold, shouldn't that be a DQ? That car is a travesty.
 
THE only race that I literally restarted for multiple hours was "Super License S-4 - Brands Hatch: Lamborghini Aventador"

Man, I know that feel. One more time. One more time. One more time.
 
Super License S-1 - Apricot Hill Raceway: Toyota 86GT
Had no problem whatsoever with this. Just missed gold in my first complete attempt, got it in 2nd, and then further beat it by 1-2 seconds.

Super License S-4 - Brands Hatch: Lamborghini Aventador
Again, just came shy in my first attempt, got it in my second.

Super License S-5 - Ascari Race Resort Circuit: Bugatti Veyron
Had a few quick failed attempts in the first few corners, but once I got the handling of the car and did a full lap I got it in my first attempt. Went for another few attempts and beat the gold time by about 3-4 seconds in my next complete lap.

Racing Kart 125 Shifter - GT Arena: Kart 125 Shifter
Haven't tried this one yet. I started the Shifter Kart series with the Brands Hatch event just to see how it was and I was doing miserably, but it was with a controller just after I had changed the sensitivity up to 7 and it made the kart's handling ridiculous. Haven't tried it again since but I imagine the series will be easier with the wheel. The GT Arena events, especially karts, somewhat gave me some trouble in the other events, although once I'm able to calm down and just drive my own laps, braking in time especially for the first corner, they're rather simple. I know this one will be hard though.
(EDIT: Just did this event and golded all three events and the series on my first try. Gran Turismo Arena was definitely the hardest and it was pretty intense. Passed the leader under braking into the first corner on the last lap. Did it with a controller too and it really wasn't that difficult. First time I tried Brands a few days ago it was clearly the controller sensitivity that really screwed with me, although I only did half a lap or so anyway.)

Goodwood Festival of Speed 5-3 - Goodwood: Red Bull X2010 Prototype
The speed of this car on this road is insane. Obviously failed a few attempts in the first few corners, but I got gold in my first full attempt, then proceeded to beat the gold time by a second or two, maybe three. Really not that hard once you've got a feel for the car.

Lunar Mission III Coffee Break - Moon: Lunar Rover
I thought this would be much harder than it was for me. First I thought you had to knock over every cone so I did miserably in my first attempt. 2nd attempt, after I realized, I think I was 5-10 seconds too slow and still unsure if I could do it. 3rd attempt I was just a few seconds off I think and I got it in my fourth, I believe.
 
Last edited:
I feel your pain.

The coffee break challenges are not required for completion, I struggled to achieve silver on iA Drift Challenge and cannot get bronze in the Super Drift Challenge, however, I have 101% and platinum trophy.

Are you sure about that? My completed % went up one point after golding a coffee break (can't remember which one)
 
If anyone is struggling with the Kart 125 Shifters I adjusted the transmission.
 
Shifter Kart was a small challenge because the GT Arena track is so small it feels like all I do is press the brake. But once I started to brake less and less the challenge was pretty easy. The others on the list were a cake walk. Brake early in the Veyron helps too. Like the OP said, it was the easiest GT yet.


Jerome
 
The final Redbull Kart race. I came in second after nerfing one of the turns for the Championship. At least let us adjust the gears in this thing. Now I need to go single this thing with a loss in my records.
 
Drifting. I am a decent driver but I simply cannot drift. If my life depended in it I still couldn't do it. Maybe I will go back to them when I desperately need to get in a bad mood.
 
Are you sure about that? My completed % went up one point after golding a coffee break (can't remember which one)

I am sure. It is the first platinum trophy I have ever achieved.
 
Yes only DS3 sparkytooth, there is a woman who don't want to see a wheel and a seat in the middle of the house :) After writing the previous comment, I tried again and finally made 30:825 (crappy time) and now I've got all gold stars :)



About karting races, the last shifter one was impossible to win, always second place, after adding some rear weight, first place at the end of the fifth lap, it became really easy ^^
 
I am sure. It is the first platinum trophy I have ever achieved.
I was referring to game completion %, not trophies

Edit. I just got my last coffee break cup (bronze) and game completion went from 99% to 100%
 
Last edited:
The S-4. I probably spent an hour there not getting it right for the whole stage, I was either good on the first half or the second half, not the whole stage, until I beat it about 0.1 under the gold time.
Did the other ones after 3-5 tries, didn't try the lunar missions as they bore me.
 
Yes only DS3 sparkytooth, there is a woman who don't want to see a wheel and a seat in the middle of the house :) After writing the previous comment, I tried again and finally made 30:825 (crappy time) and now I've got all gold stars :)



About karting races, the last shifter one was impossible to win, always second place, after adding some rear weight, first place at the end of the fifth lap, it became really easy ^^

I think we got the same woman bro! :lol:
Interesting about adding weight to the rear of the kart, never thought of it. How much did you put on and what balance? I'd like to give that a go :)
I just reduced the max speed to 93mph and that did it for me to get the gold, haven't touched it again since :D
 
I use a pad and always have, with traction control off. I found all the listed events easy and Mission IB-3 at Toscana the hardest for me to gold at about 30 fails, just couldnt get it perfect time and clean sprint.

Its always just about learning the track and learning the car.

For the lunar missions always accelerate and plan ahead, for karts and tricky cars never accelerate fully when turning and counter steer. Shifters are like mini LMPs and Lambos need improvisational breaking/turning/accelerating.

Some missions are so tight on the time theres almost no way you could do it with Skid Recovery Off.
 
I found the X-bow mission (Coffee Break) with controller the hardest.

Now I have all gold and 102% in GT6.
 
Last edited:
Some missions are so tight on the time theres almost no way you could do it with Skid Recovery Off.

Which missions would that be? They probably fit in here as the hardest, since most don't touch SRF. :P
 
Kart shifter series and NASCAR!

Try to do everything in order, so haven't started S class yet...
 
Which missions would that be? They probably fit in here as the hardest, since most don't touch SRF. :p

1. Mission Race B
Europa Special
London

2. Mission Race A
Z8
Matterhorn

3. Mission Race IB
Quattro S1
Toscana

4. Mission Race IB
F40
Ascari

5. Mission Race IA
Jaguar XJ13
Sarthe

They are all I can find and remember without loading the game. Some coffee breaks and licenses would be near impossible without SFR too. SFR (on) allows you in most cars above 450pp to push the car faster through all corners, breaking and turning faster and accelerating faster. Also Im talking about driving in automatic transmission. Have you tried rally in automatic transmission with SFR (off)?

2 and 5 ^ have tight times anyway,
 
1. Mission Race B
Europa Special
London

2. Mission Race A
Z8
Matterhorn

3. Mission Race IB
Quattro S1
Toscana

4. Mission Race IB
F40
Ascari

5. Mission Race IA
Jaguar XJ13
Sarthe

They are all I can find and remember without loading the game. Some coffee breaks and licenses would be near impossible without SFR too. SFR (on) allows you in most cars above 450pp to push the car faster through all corners, breaking and turning faster and accelerating faster. Also Im talking about driving in automatic transmission. Have you tried rally in automatic transmission with SFR (off)?

2 and 5 ^ have tight times anyway,
Yeah I can't really judge you for using SRF with a DS3, haven't tried myself. Only used the DS3 when trying the GT academy demo and that was pretty interesting, not impossible but harder than in GT5.
 
Any race involving that overrated POS Nordschleife, god I hate that sorry excuse for a track.
Heresy.
Nurburgring is the ultimate test of driving skills.
 
Heresy.
Nurburgring is the ultimate test of driving skills.
Don't know about that, the corners in themselves ain't that challenging, it's just a lot of them.. but it is a really fun track when you learn it.
 
Don't know about that, the corners in themselves ain't that challenging, it's just a lot of them.. but it is a really fun track when you learn it.
Just because there are so many corners and its so long, its the easiest track to make mistakes and lose concentration. Also its kinda narrow and dangerous, plus the kerbs are not so "friendly". Very hard and challenging to drive on the limit in both console and real life.
 
Back