Most frustrated GT6 challenge

  • Thread starter Thread starter sid_chiclana
  • 119 comments
  • 22,605 views

Which is your most frustrated GT6 challenge?


  • Total voters
    261
I am tempted to vote Goodwood 5-3, but, and maybe I'm the only one, I think I had more problems with Nascar stock car race at Daytona. I'm playing with the DS3 and really stuggled make the fine but quick adjustments needed to keep from bouncing off cars everywhere in the pack. I finally squeaked out a win by an honest to goodness .01 seconds and I don't think I'll be revisiting that race.
 
Mission IB-3 at Toscana seemed impossible until I realized traction control was on by default.
 
I see, I should have included the Aston Martin at Goodwood too.
That thing is like a tank, which won't want to turn :(
Took me a few attempts too...
 
The redbull kart thing, as the AI is somehow faster without drafting.
 
Last edited:
I'm still working on S-4 and S-5, but was able to get the last Kart race out of the way yesterday. Managed to win the series after around 5 or 6 attempts with a 3rd in the last race and have been re-doing that last race, ended up with over 150 miles on the darn thing after all was said and done. Pretty dirty racing on my part, a lot of dive bombing / block-passing that'd earn me a punch in the face in real life. Actually, make that about 13 or 14 punches.

420


That dude looks like Bernie Ecclestone


........back on topic the karts are giving me grief but I will prevail
 
I don't even attempt racing the X2010 using my Dualshock controller so I vote for the kart 125 shifter in GT arena race...
Grrrrrrrrrr :mad::mad:🤬:mad:

It was sooooo annoying, I hated ever nanosecond I was racing in those karts and I'm so glad I finally got gold in all of those races and now I will never ever touch those stupid karts ever again!! 🤬


It is funny because it was the first series I gave a run in the iA section. I thought hey karts aren't too bad...but then I tried it, immediately said....NOPE! and promptly left lol. Haven't been back since and now I am regretting leaving it now as people seem to consider it one of the harder areas of GT6.
 
The coffee break cone challenges - I absolutely hate these. Second would be karts on a kart-specific track, not my cup of tea. The X2010 Goodwood and Lunar Mission III were tricky, but not too difficult.
 
It is frustrating if you try to complete the 24 Minutes of Le Mans because you'll really really need a LMP car though but a LMP car that saves a lot of fuel especially if you didn't noticed you fuel gauge empty after finishing lap 3 depending of what car you have.
 
Heh, it seems a lot of people voted the Bugatti/Ascari one.
I think the problem here is track knowledge.
Once you learn the track properly, you are a lot faster and your times improve A LOT, because the track is quite complex, not very wide and has several tricky corners... its like a mini-Nurburgring. Great track, love it.
 
Heh, it seems a lot of people voted the Bugatti/Ascari one.
I think the problem here is track knowledge.
Once you learn the track properly, you are a lot faster and your times improve A LOT, because the track is quite complex, not very wide and has several tricky corners... its like a mini-Nurburgring. Great track, love it.
nah I find it easier with those challenges if you can have your ghost data.
 
Heh, it seems a lot of people voted the Bugatti/Ascari one.
I think the problem here is track knowledge.
Once you learn the track properly, you are a lot faster and your times improve A LOT, because the track is quite complex, not very wide and has several tricky corners... its like a mini-Nurburgring. Great track, love it.
The sweeper into the second set of chicanes that you can cut, the brake point there was killing my laps and throwing me off before the whole section of undulating curves. Finally found something acceptable through there and managed to get something good enough for the gold while still leaving a lot of time out there with really sloppy corners. I had a lot more trouble with S-4, fewer corners, smaller margin for error. Both of those tests though... holy understeer...
 
The NASCAR event. That event, was just pissing me off so much because the AI kept rubbering, and I couldn't keep the damn car from sliding so I had to put SRF on. It was THAT frustrating for me.
 
The 125 shifter kart races. I need to go fast to win in the GT Arena, but if I do that I spin out. The X2010 was easy, the super license hilariously simple if you know the right tactic (same with coffee breaks) and the moon coffee break... well I can't understand how anyone could possibly fail that.
 
Last edited:
S-4, took me about an hour to finally get a feel for that car and how fast I could push it through the corners.

S-5 wasn't all that bad for me, I'd done a fair number of laps around Ascari and getting that Veyron around those corners was challenging but not too bad.

I liked the karting challenges, the back end breaks loose rather unexpectedly sometimes but at least it's something different and I enjoyed them.

The X2010 at Goodwood was a bit of a pain but the gold time was very forgiving so I can't complain. If it was GT5 the gold time would have probably been 5 seconds lower :lol:
 
All Kart championships. I hate Karts in GT6.
Well, except RedBull kart challenge.
 
Heh, it seems a lot of people voted the Bugatti/Ascari one.
I think the problem here is track knowledge.
Once you learn the track properly, you are a lot faster and your times improve A LOT, because the track is quite complex, not very wide and has several tricky corners... its like a mini-Nurburgring. Great track, love it.

I actually agree with this 100%. I had little knowledge of Ascari since I had never raced on it. Once I had a few hrs on it under my belt, it really wasn't too bad. Just learning proper braking points was my thing I had to get down.
 
I'm surprised that more didn't vote the Aventador test. But bronzing it vs. actually getting gold is a huge challenge. I imagine the DS3 made it even harder.

For the Ascari test, track knowledge really helped - it seemed like once I really had the layout locked in I could dial in the Veyron with mechanical precision. On Brands Hatch with the Lambo, I swear it didn't matter how well I knew the track, I was flying off those damn high speed corners or hitting them too slow.
 
The stupid drift ones. I just really didn't want to do them.
 
The one full lap of the Nordschleife in the Ford GT40. It wasn't even very hard but very frustrating having to restart a dozen times because of various reasons, mostly the floaty physics.
 
What a piece of junk that Veyron is. Got it after a dozen tries or so. The cone challenges hold zero interest for me. I'd love to figure out the drift challenges but I spin out every time and can't figure it out. Don't get me started on shifter karts and that's what I voted for. Golded all the other challenges, liked the mission races and goodwood the best
 
I am struggling with the cone challenges except the lunar one I got that one first try. I cannot get gold in any of them. I am using an HKS controller. Anybody got any suggestions on how to gold those challenges? Plan on going back to them once I finish rest of career mode.
 
None, every single one it´s a opportunity to learn a little more about game phisics, do´s and don´t do´s of any given car and track...
Insted of being upset because you´ve spun, leave track, etc, try to understand why did that happened, did I brake too late, did I release brakes too soon, did I turn in too aggressively, did I get on the power too soon?
And remember sometimes the faster way is to slow down ;)
 
Back