Most frustrated GT6 challenge

  • Thread starter Thread starter sid_chiclana
  • 119 comments
  • 22,605 views

Which is your most frustrated GT6 challenge?


  • Total voters
    261
Currently it is the drift coffee break challenges. Only come across one and got gold (eventually) but it is the fact they are now creeping into the career, whilst Dirt racing has gone? I know a lot of people are fans of drifting, and I never minded taking on the old Drift seasonals, but I don't think it should be part of the progression.
 
NASCAR. Daytona. Not a wonderful 5 simple laps of a fast oval circuit. Especially regarding the power limit. And the high chance of spinning out due to unintended P.I.T. Maneuver.
 
Definatly all the drift challenges=rage. The last one was absolutly atrocious. I was about to DESTROY AND ANNIHILATE my DFGT. Starts at 41:08.

 
Lunar mission #3: It was tricky. Took a few attempts to learn the strategy. But that`s okay.

Bugatti Ascari PITA event: As mentioned before. Track is new. Learn it - a few laps should do. Don`t overdrive that stubborn cow called Bugatti - let it roll - and it`s a fair challenge.

But now:

Goodwood Festival of Speed 5-3 - Goodwood: Red Bull X2010 Prototype: 🤬 🤬 🤬
Racing Kart 125 Shifter - GT Arena: Kart 125 Shifter: 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬

And I suck at drifting. :lol:
 
Super License S-1, pretty easy for me, gold in 2 attempt
S-4, quite a lot of attempt, gold after 1 hour of restarts...(still quite easy silver)
S-5, not completed yet, bronze at 2nd attempt, 5 sec slower than gold.
Racing kart 125 shifter on Arena, some attempt before getting gold, overall 2nd place on championship.
Goodwood with the X2010, quite easy, got the gold in few attemps.
Lunar Mission III, super-easy, gold at the 2nd attempt (first time I missed one or two cones).
I should say drift coffe break (I hate drifting :scared:), gold the first two (the second was a bit easier), still some point lower than bronze on the S class drift challenge.
Also, the S-5 mission is pretty difficult, still 5 sec slower than gold in 2 attempt (only complete laps).
The problem is the lenght of the circuit, if you lose you basically waste 8 mins...
voted for 'other'
 
License S-5 (Veyron) wasn't too bad once I learned to yank the wheel and stab the throttle to bring the tail out.

Mission S-4 (the one you have to beat a 458 with a Dino) was pretty bad, as the 458 is much faster than you and he will punt you off the track every chance he can. I won by blocking him at all costs.
 
License S-5 (Veyron) wasn't too bad once I learned to yank the wheel and stab the throttle to bring the tail out.

Mission S-4 (the one you have to beat a 458 with a Dino) was pretty bad, as the 458 is much faster than you and he will punt you off the track every chance he can. I won by blocking him at all costs.
You don't have to be first place to get gold in a mission.
 
THE only race that I literally restarted for multiple hours was "Super License S-4 - Brands Hatch: Lamborghini Aventador"


Restarted like 10Times. After I learned how the Aventador drives and shift up corner exit to stop it sliding sideways.
 
Voted other: Cone challenges! :banghead:
 
I don't see how it's possible until Kaz sits in my living room and shows me how it's done..


What? People struggled with this? Its easily the easiest event in gt6. The time allowed for gold is EXTREMELY generous. I flipped the buggy like 3 times hit rocks, went the wrong way a few times and when i crossed the cones I got gold but I was mucking around expecting not to even make bronze.
 
You don't have to be first place to get gold in a mission.

Yes I know but if you let AI run up to your rear wheels while going into a corner they're very likely to spin you out. :grumpy:
 
Super License S-1, pretty easy for me, gold in 2 attempt
S-4, quite a lot of attempt, gold after 1 hour of restarts...(still quite easy silver)
S-5, not completed yet, bronze at 2nd attempt, 5 sec slower than gold.
Racing kart 125 shifter on Arena, some attempt before getting gold, overall 2nd place on championship.
Goodwood with the X2010, quite easy, got the gold in few attemps.
Lunar Mission III, super-easy, gold at the 2nd attempt (first time I missed one or two cones).
I should say drift coffe break (I hate drifting :scared:), gold the first two (the second was a bit easier), still some point lower than bronze on the S class drift challenge.
Also, the S-5 mission is pretty difficult, still 5 sec slower than gold in 2 attempt (only complete laps).
The problem is the lenght of the circuit, if you lose you basically waste 8 mins...
voted for 'other'
Gold all S license, S-4 is harder than S-5 :odd:
 
What? People struggled with this?

Yes. When comparing my run to others it was like I had half the gravity afforded to others! Turning the buggy was really tricky as well and didn't seem to respond until after you had drifted beyond yet another cone.
 
Some of the cars physics and collision boxes need to be changed, it just makes some challenges too annoying of which results you thinking about chucking your G27 in the tip.
+ I suck at drifting to.
 
Some of the cars physics and collision boxes need to be changed, it just makes some challenges too annoying of which results you thinking about chucking your G27 in the tip.
+ I suck at drifting to.

I suck at drifting too man, but I still managed (somehow) to gold all the drifting events, so if I did it, cannot be too hard :lol:
 
@ OP, I think you should add drifting to your poll's direct choices.

Drifting till I figured it out, and swapped the rear Comfort Softs for Comfort Hards.

...and spent a little time watching this video.

The Drift Bible

 
An interesting topic, for all the varied responses.

Being a mediocre DS3 player, my current Kryptonite is the Kart 125 Shifter at the GT Arena. I can only bronze so far. With lots of practice (and some luck) I can see how to achieve a win, but it still might take me a while longer. Due to my lack of talent I'm never going to get gold everywhere, so for the non-race stuff I'm happy with bronze. But I had some problems with the Lambo round Brands and the Veyron round Ascari for the S stuff. Also I found just getting the X1 to the end of Goodwood to be a real pain. I can't drift to save my life and those cone challenges are pretty pointless, the worst one being on the moon. Quite how I bronzed that first time I'll never know!

On the flip side I see that some people have complained about the NASCAR races, which I managed to gold first time out and even play them for a bit of fun to get some credits. Also once someone on these forums had reminded me to take off all aids and shift drive to 50/50 on the rally events, they were instantly golded (though we won't talk about before that!).
 
I voted for the Gold on X1 in Goodwill that so frustrating. Also the coffee breaks are frustrating too especially the very last drift make me just wanna give up.
 
Definately the Goodwood Redbull challenge .... 1 --> still have not won
Nascar series (still trying to pole position :( )... 2 --> not even top three (maybe someone can share a good tune :)
Drift series are pretty hard with a controller ... 3 --> Bronze at best
Kart series are tough ... but getting to be manageable ... 4
Golding the S licenses ...4 --> Still working at it ... huff huff
And how could I forget those ****ing cones !!! ... 5 --> Although lots of fun ... Equally frustrating after the 25th try
 
Last edited:
Definately the Goodwood Redbull challenge .... 1 --> still have not won
Nascar series (still trying to pole position :( )... 2 --> not even top three (maybe someone can share a good tune :)
Drift series are pretty hard with a controller ... 3 --> Bronze at best
Kart series are tough ... but getting to be manageable ... 4
Golding the S licenses ...4 --> Still working at it ... huff huff

Try drifting with a wheel :lol:
I moved my wheel aside and golded the drifting after a few attempts with a DS3.
 
I'm not at S yet, but I did manage to get gold in the IA one. It's not that difficult to get a good amount of points on individual sectors, but it's frustrating to try to string them all together into one good run.

And isn`t a coffee Break ... suppose to be relaxing ???
 
Actually, now that I've done the S drifting coffee break, I thought it was easier than the IA one.
 
S-4 license test kills me. It's the one event where I have no feel for how to do better at it. It's weird.
 
I just got done with the iB License Test, where I drove the Shelby Mustang at Willow Springs, and it was hard to get gold. After numerous tries in one sitting, I managed to get gold though.
(Previously edited on: Feb 12, 2014)
 
Last edited:
Back