Most Fun car to drive + track...

  • Thread starter Thread starter j()$#
  • 105 comments
  • 10,170 views
Drifting around Tsukuba in my Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG.
 
When I run the ring in practice, I turn off the hud and just drive. I really could care less about the lap times. I just love the feel of the track.
 
C9 on any track with a long enough straight for it to stretch its legs
 
RE Amemiya RX7 + anywhere

Seriously, best car in the game IMHO, have yet to find anything else as awesome to drive, it goes, it stops, it slides, it grips, its tame, its evil - all at once. Perfect level of speed for me, Makes things fun to not go 3 bajillion MPH like a Group C car.
 
alfa guilia around trial mountain/deep forest. Lexus wedgers(?) supergt rm is a real blast on most circuits. Though "highway star"from deep purple on the background? or maybe Highway to hell wich goes really good with the ring:nervous:
 
I have to go with the 09 WRX STI i just love it and it doesnt matter the track, also the GTR lol.
 
One you have become proficient at the Nurburgring, it seems like none of the other tracks really cut it anymore. Anyone else feel the same? The Nurburgring at dawn is something very special. Also, I must be one of the very few who don't like to 'fully tune' every one of their cars. I love the character of the cars as they are purchased. They feel different from each other.
Yup...as far as I'm concerned, the Nordschleife is THE track. Apart from the seasonal races, my GT5 'life' has pretty much been taking cars straight from the dealership, changing the oil, and lapping them on the Ring. I've got probably close to 150 different cars done, and I plan to eventually do all of them.

Favourites so far:

Autobacs Arta Garaiya
BMW M3 & M5
DTM cars
Suburu Impreza WRX STi (beating Tommi Makkinen's 7:55 lap time was quite a fun challenge)
Ferrari Scuderia & Italia
Honda Odyssey
Lotus Elise & Evora
Any VW Golf
Merc SLS AMG
Skyline V-Spec II Nur


A fully tuned Alfa Romeo giulia TZ2 zagato round the nurburgring. It isn't powerful but it's lighter than the old mini! The level of grip on it's stock race hard tires are magical.
Another great car. Will easily destroy the competition on the 4-hour Nurburgring endurance...including the 600HP+ Amuse S2000GT1 Turbo--which is simply mind blowing.
 
Last edited:
My Volvo Estate painted "Frash Green" with a wing that is setup for drifting only. Very fun and people's reactions online are great.
 
Well there certainly seems to be a very strong trend towards the Nürburgring Nordschleife for pure driving fun. I 100% agree, but I'm surprised only one other person has mentioned doing it at night :scared:

Last night I raced 2 laps of the 'ring at night. Just 2 of us on the track, but both in F40's on sport hards. Freakin intense! :crazy:

Definitely pure driving fun in my opinion.
 
I never really tried Circuit de la Sarthe on GTPSP, but when I tried it in GT5, I thought I was missing out on something really epic, I enjoy going really fast on that track, but then hitting the chicanes really fast :P
I like doing laps on it with a WRX STi, always good fun (Minus redlining)
 
It's a hard choice between these two:
- Lotus Elise 111R around Eiger Short
- Acura NSX RM around Nurby Nordy.
 
One you have become proficient at the Nurburgring, it seems like none of the other tracks really cut it anymore. Anyone else feel the same?

+1 👍

Taking e.g. a stock Yellowbird, M3 GTR, or 190E 2.5-16 Evo II to the Ring are probably the most redeeming things to GT5's many shortcomings.
 
Rome with the Zonda R is really fun
Merc Evo II Cosworth DTM round the ring is one of my favs
Alfa 155 DTM is awsome on Cape Ring
M3 GTR Race Car for SS5
 
I just discovered the ST185 Celica GT-RC. Stock form, and it may not be fast, but that car could well be the king of the 4-wheel slide!
That car can simply be smashed around as hard as you can imagine, and still stay on track.

Had a lot of fun doing some online free runs at the 'Ring.
 
Corvette Z06 (stock on stock tires) + 'Ring
Ford GT (semi-race exhaust) + 'Ring
RX8 (sports exhaust) + 'Ring
Viper SRT10 Coupe (sports exhaust) + 'Ring
Re Amemiya RX-7 (stock) + 'Ring
350Z (stock) + 'Ring
787B + 'Ring
Asparadrink RX-7 GT300 (stg 3 engine tune) + 'Ring
Civic Type R (stock) + 'Ring

One you have become proficient at the Nurburgring, it seems like none of the other tracks really cut it anymore. Anyone else feel the same? The Nurburgring at dawn is something very special. Also, I must be one of the very few who don't like to 'fully tune' every one of their cars. I love the character of the cars as they are purchased. They feel different from each other. I do change the exhaust if the sound isn't good enough.

The combination of either the '04 or the '06 Z06 (stock with Sport Hard) and the Nurburgring Nordschleife is absolutely magical especially with a FFB wheel (preferably set really high).
 
RM Cappuccino + Tsukuba ,very closely followed by RM Elise + Tsukuba.
Want to have a go at Tsukuba 9hr enduro in the Cappucino (only lvl 31 at the mo),i think its upto the task.I know the Elise is more than capable of winning the Tsukaba 9hr Bob has already done so a couple of times.
Cappucino + Luguna enduro was good fun.
 
Ford Focus RS fully weight reduction (893kg) and almost stock engine (Racing Exhaust) with FC Tranny/Susp etc.
@ any Track its superb (Racing or Sport Tires). Nürb is fantastic for this Car
It is my favourite FF Car ingame.

Second combo: Mazda Atenza Touring Car at Deep Forrest. It is the sound of it that makes me want to drive it 3rd person => Try it and you´ll love it
 
Try the new seasonal events with Oldtimer. Great fun to drive.
 
Formula F1 2007 on suzuka and nurb. (seasonal events)
Fully tuned F430 scuderia on Rome
 
I've got to go with the majority and say anything on the 'Ring.
 
The Zonda R on the 'Ring is a pretty good challenge. Also pretty fun.
 
There's alot but i'll post my top 3.

-4WD Rally Cars + Eidger Norwad Short (changable weather) = Drifting around those hairpin.
-High downforce car with high horsepower + Nurburg. Nord. = Adrenaline rush.
-GTbyCit Race Car + Suzuka (Especialy Degner 1 and 2 with TC off) = Combine the above.
 
kr0nika
Yup...as far as I'm concerned, the Nordschleife is THE track. Apart from the seasonal races, my GT5 'life' has pretty much been taking cars straight from the dealership, changing the oil, and lapping them on the Ring. I've got probably close to 150 different cars done, and I plan to eventually do all of them.

Favourites so far:

Autobacs Arta Garaiya
BMW M3 & M5
DTM cars
Suburu Impreza WRX STi (beating Tommi Makkinen's 7:55 lap time was quite a fun challenge)
Ferrari Scuderia & Italia
Honda Odyssey
Lotus Elise & Evora
Any VW Golf
Merc SLS AMG
Skyline V-Spec II Nur

Another great car. Will easily destroy the competition on the 4-hour Nurburgring endurance...including the 600HP+ Amuse S2000GT1 Turbo--which is simply mind blowing.

+1. I agree with nearly all of this. Definitely the Ring, minus the ferrari's. I like to drive (well try to) drive without aids, and the ferrari's are a handful on the DS3. I would also add c63 amg
 
It's nice to see other people actually enjoy driving in this game for no other reason than just enjoying the cars and tracks, I was beginning to feel like it was just me 👍

I frequent the Nurburgring with the S2000 (stock), F40 (stock), M3 (stock), and '69 Z28 (lightly tuned). I also just tried out the Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 👍
 
My custom tuned FTO Super Touring Car on Deep Forest Raceway. Laps it faster than a maxed ZR1 RM, and does in an enjoyable way. Haven't ran it on Nordschleife yet, but I suspect it will be good.
 
Definitely the Alfa Romeo 8C around Eiger Short.
 
Any car, but preferably the F2007, at Monza. The Ring is overrated to me.
 
TOMS Castrol Supra on Trial Mountain, car is just fast enough and great to throw into corners, Trial Mountain is a great track
 
Back