Most Fun car to drive + track...

  • Thread starter Thread starter j()$#
  • 105 comments
  • 10,170 views
The Widow Maker + Green Hell = Hairy fun

I had a video way way back of the real life Yellow Bird on the Ring and man did that guy know how to drive. Dont remember if it was Walter Rorhl but whoever it was wrung the Bird hard on the Ring. One of my fav cars in GT5.

Maybe this video? BTW, the driver is Stefan Roser (test driver for RUF).

 
Strangely enough, mine happens to be my Jag S-Type R '02, set-up for drifting, comfort hard on the back, all aid's off etc. It's a real blast round the 'ring, and if you do one thing wrong, it'll bite you. Hard. Never had so much fun at the 'ring on the game.
 
Maybe this video? BTW, the driver is Stefan Roser (test driver for RUF).



Not quite but great vid. It might have been this same event but the video I saw also had a little helicopter footage and showed the car going around the bends from above. This was great too. Amazing car control and nerves of steel to be doing that with the widow maker on a skinny winding course like this. 👍 Man Im feeling to run the Yellow Bird when I get home now:)
 
Any FR car under 400bhp on the nurburgring, favourite at the moment is a stock BMW Z4 M Coupe .....
 
Stock RUF BTR on comfort mediums at Eiger short or the 'ring. Most fun I have had in this game so far.Followed closely by the same car, dirt tyres, Eiger K trail. Aids off for both.
 
Ford Escort WRC - Stage 3 engine tune
Torque split set to 20 Front 80 Rear
Comfort Mediums
Nurburgring. Wow. This car is amazing, completely raw and visceral sounds. Drooooooool.
 
Tried the Audi R8 V10 around Trial Mountain last night in practice, stock settings but SM tyres, all driving aids off except ABS set to 1 (OK I admit I still rely on this a little with my DS3)

Is a lot of fun, you can drift a little if you want and smoke those tyres, or keep it smooth. The car was actually a little slower than I expected compared to its peers, but still a great drive. SS tyres are nice too, though less scope for getting a little sideways.

Oh and Audis look great in Silver Chrome, seems somehow traditional =)
 
Last edited:
'96 Elise RM on the Nurburgring.
 
audi r8 5.2, on the High Speed Ring, im just addicted
 
KingSakery
Today I bought the Nissan Stagea AutechVersion from my UCD and took it bone-stock (just did an oil-change) to the Ring
=> 8:40.8XX with Comfort Soft Tires and it was fun.

Then after doing Indy- Grinding I saw the Pagani Zonda C12S for the very first time at my UCD (after 900-1000 Days) and went on my own Track (a Eifel-Kart one) and had a blast drifting it or setting a Time. (It is my Testtrack for Road-Cars)
I will tune the pagani but no power upgrades, because it will ruin the Car (same if u max any Ruf)

What about a Titanium exhaust which could turn your exhaust noises into Italian Mechanical Rock n' Roll.
 
My golden Ginetta G4 Fully tuned on La Sarthe no chicaned
 
Escudo eny track. Snow dirt or Race track

U ofc have to have nice settings for each
 
Mitsubishi fto lm with real short gear ratios around london
 
Fully tuned Lamborghini Miura on Nürburgring Type V.
 
I like the SLS AMG, or the Mercedes McLaren SLR on the nurburgring 24h. 100+ turns in a 500+ bhp FR car... yeah...
 
Last edited:
RM'ed Camaro with only mod being racing softs around cape ring or nurbergring (without ANY form of tuning), its like the car was designed for those type of tracks.
 
Back