Most fun STOCK car on the Nordschleife?

• Thread starter Thomasss95
  • 43 comments
The Corvette ZR1. It's a hand full, it will try to kill you 7 times per minute but when you finally nail it I can't stop smiling!

And when i'm not in the mood to get killed the 430 Scuderia

curse you for this..now i have to go try the ZR1 (did you mean the C4 ZR1 or the new ZR1?)

anything that doesn't feel like it has a diff thats locked full time, and enough power to require throttle crontrol. On sports softs or less.

Last edited:
VBR
The Lotus Esprit V8. :D

Is an amazing ride!

My favourite is the Peugeot 106 S16 though. It's not the fastest car out there (not the slowest either, after all it's capable of +200 km/h), but it's definitely a fun drive! You feel the speed, the suspension working and the topography of the track much better than with any other car I've driven. My favourite section is the climb up to Hohe Acht, where you have to shift down from 4th to 3rd to get optimal power from the engine, and then the fast downhill section through the corners down to Eschbach and Brünnchen, with the rear end bouncing through the corners :D

nrburgringnordschleife5z.jpg

Do any of you know which type of tires they use in real life, to set the fastest times on the Ring? I use sports soft when I go for a time there.... But that's also because I only go for a 1 lap time, where I guess in real life, they have a warm up lap before setting the time on sports hard!? Just trying to find the accurate simulation with the correct tires.

Do any of you know which type of tires they use in real life, to set the fastest times on the Ring? I use sports soft when I go for a time there.... But that's also because I only go for a 1 lap time, where I guess in real life, they have a warm up lap before setting the time on sports hard!? Just trying to find the accurate simulation with the correct tires.

Well the GT-R Official Record was set with the closest equivalent to Sports Hard. You know the one for the Trophy. But I don't know if that's the same for most cars.

I really enjoyed driving the California stock round the ring - I gave it a try for the Nurburgring Diary, was a lot of fun, and was very unexpected. It handled really sweet for a stock car, and I never got annoyed with it at all.

I think they use mostly tires equal to GT5 Comfort Soft.
But...some manufacturers might equip the car with some softer compound and dedicate it as "road legal tires", you know what I mean. In this case ( Nissan GT-R????) GT5 Sport Hard oe Med will match.
I think in game if you know Nurb well enough, you must set a faster lap time on GT5 tires equal to IRL. No fear.
Plus, its very important sometimes to watch video, if available to hear and see how they drive in real life.
For example, real life lap time of AUDI R8 4,2 is 8:01.90. I tried same car on Comfort Medium and my lap time was 7:54.933 (legit of course). I felt enough control, no fly-by through corners, consistent, fast driving. Not on its limit yet.
Another car, Nissan 350Z. Real time 8:26. I did it on Comfort Mediums at 8:25.999. Hard to reach the target IRL time, tires were squealing most of a time. I dont think they match real tires, Comfort Soft is OK.
One more car, SLS AMG. Real time is 7:40. I did on Comfort Soft 7:36.325. Good control, not on a limit yet.
The last two cars I tried are Toyota GT86 and Camaro SS '10.
Real times are 9:09 for GT86 and 8:20 for Camaro. I did 8:58.279 on GT86 (Comfort Hard tires) and 8:10.504 on Camaro ( Comfort Medium).
Its important to remember that IRL they use 20600 m length track which is 200 meters shorter than in game.
My tool is G 27, racing rig, I use NO assists, ABS OFF. Gear manual. I make 5 laps normally for each car. All times are legit. Cars are NOT broken in neither oil changed. Stock from dealer ship. All tests were done in ARCADE mode - Time Trial - Grip Real. Dry conditions, Day time change - 30. I am posting it here as an answer on your question, NOT a time trial leaderboard. My purpose is to find better matching tires in GT5 to real life.
From my observations, when I tried HONDA NSX-R to beat Motoharu "Gan-san" Kurosa lap time in 2002 which is 7:56 I could barely manage to finish 20800 Nurb layout in same time on Comfort Softs. Tires were squealing like a hell, car sliding through corners which was UNREALISTIC. On video I didnt see that real car was doing like that.
So, in conclusion I would like to say that GT5 Comfort tires are all over equal to best road legal tires in real life and for me its just pleasure to reproduce same lap time on same car which is used for Nurb time attack whatever that car would be. Plus, I try to drive like they do, NO power sliding on SPEED 250 KPH, NO 2nd gear after 5th for trial braking, just as similar as possible.
PEACE!

I think they use mostly tires equal to GT5 Comfort Soft.
But...some manufacturers might equip the car with some softer compound and dedicate it as "road legal tires", you know what I mean. In this case ( Nissan GT-R????) GT5 Sport Hard oe Med will match.
I think in game if you know Nurb well enough, you must set a faster lap time on GT5 tires equal to IRL. No fear.
Plus, its very important sometimes to watch video, if available to hear and see how they drive in real life.
For example, real life lap time of AUDI R8 4,2 is 8:01.90. I tried same car on Comfort Medium and my lap time was 7:54.933 (legit of course). I felt enough control, no fly-by through corners, consistent, fast driving. Not on its limit yet.
Another car, Nissan 350Z. Real time 8:26. I did it on Comfort Mediums at 8:25.999. Hard to reach the target IRL time, tires were squealing most of a time. I dont think they match real tires, Comfort Soft is OK.
One more car, SLS AMG. Real time is 7:40. I did on Comfort Soft 7:36.325. Good control, not on a limit yet.
The last two cars I tried are Toyota GT86 and Camaro SS '10.
Real times are 9:09 for GT86 and 8:20 for Camaro. I did 8:58.279 on GT86 (Comfort Hard tires) and 8:10.504 on Camaro ( Comfort Medium).
Its important to remember that IRL they use 20600 m length track which is 200 meters shorter than in game.
My tool is G 27, racing rig, I use NO assists, ABS OFF. Gear manual. I make 5 laps normally for each car. All times are legit. Cars are NOT broken in neither oil changed. Stock from dealer ship. All tests were done in ARCADE mode - Time Trial - Grip Real. Dry conditions, Day time change - 30. I am posting it here as an answer on your question, NOT a time trial leaderboard. My purpose is to find better matching tires in GT5 to real life.
From my observations, when I tried HONDA NSX-R to beat Motoharu "Gan-san" Kurosa lap time in 2002 which is 7:56 I could barely manage to finish 20800 Nurb layout in same time on Comfort Softs. Tires were squealing like a hell, car sliding through corners which was UNREALISTIC. On video I didnt see that real car was doing like that.
So, in conclusion I would like to say that GT5 Comfort tires are all over equal to best road legal tires in real life and for me its just pleasure to reproduce same lap time on same car which is used for Nurb time attack whatever that car would be. Plus, I try to drive like they do, NO power sliding on SPEED 250 KPH, NO 2nd gear after 5th for trial braking, just as similar as possible.
PEACE!

Thanks for the comprehensive answer - will try the comfort compounds out.... And also try Grip Real for road conditions, never done that before!

Any car that gives excellent feedback and is just nimble through every corner, such as:

Lotus Evora

All versions of the Honda NSX (Type R will give the biggest smile on your face however)

Scion FR-S/Toyota 86GT/Subaru BRZ

All versions of the Mazda MX-5 Miata

Ferrari 430 Scuderia

Though not really fast, these cars are sharp cornering machines that you can really push to their limits. :D

- Honda S2000
- Ferrari 458 Italia
- Ferrari 430 Scuderia
- BMW M3 CSL '03
- BMW M3 Race Car '01
- Lotus Elise 111R '04
- McLaren F1 '94
- RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" '87
- Spoon S2000 '00
- Lexus LFA

- Honda S2000
- Ferrari 458 Italia
- Ferrari 430 Scuderia
- BMW M3 CSL '03
- BMW M3 Race Car '01
- Lotus Elise 111R '04
- McLaren F1 '94
- RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" '87
- Spoon S2000 '00
- Lexus LFA

My list gets longer and longer. ;)
The S2000 is my favorite right now to drive stock on the Ring.
But I am just beginnig with my list.

Back