Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Free Roam Mode

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Improved Car Customization

Votes: 143 53.0%
  • Improved Track Editor

Votes: 39 14.4%

• Total voters
This Thread is just for fun.... I wonder if PD decided make poll and implemented the most favorite feature in GT6, what will you choose?

1. Improved Car Collision and Car Crash
like the tittle says :)
Car Collision Animation and Sound Improved so its doesn't fell like bland collision anymore, Even standard cars will have damage model even its not detailed like premium cars. If the cars take heavy damage, player can't continue the race.

2. Free Roam Mode
Player will had new mode called free roam mode, where you can drive, taking cars photo, buying house or villa in small fictional tropical island. its also included day-night cycle, weather, pedestrian, traffic cars, law enforcer and you can change those feature setting or turn on/off.

3. Improved Car Customization

Every standard cars all will had body customization like premium. It also add Swap Engine feature and livery editor for all car.

4. Improved Track Editor

Its improved track editor like Mod Nation Racer, where you can choose landscape, road types, etc.

I'll list mine in rank:

1st) 1
2nd) 3
3rd) 2
4th) 4

I really hate it when some people nag me about the fact that GT5 doesn't have great damage. The only response I can give them is to try to look past that. Kazunori even said something along the lines of, "You'll be able to smash them to pieces". I know I didn't see anything like that in the game.

Car customization is almost a 100% must-have for GT6. They could've taken the customization in GT5 so much further, but not many options were actually there.

Free roam could be fun, depending on the tracks/maps they have available.

As for the track editor, I wish I could create oval tracks more easily as well as drag strips. Maybe have a more sophisticated Modnation racers-like track editor. That could be pretty interesting.

Car customization hands down for me.
Really disappointed with the little customization in gt5.Both tuning and body customizations.

What is up with the wish for a free roam mode!?
Implementing such a mode will cost us tracks, cars and useful features. Why not play TDU, Midnight Club or NFS if you want to free roam!?

I voted Track editor because we already have it in the game and it will be great to have more tools to make more accurate tracks to our own tastes.

About car customization it will be great to have more features but at this point has no sense at all, and we don´t have livery editor and i think we are not going to see it in GT5. Too late in the life cycle of the game to implement those features.

Improved car collision and crash at this point will be hard to do because they need to change the overall physics of the game. (environmental physics and car behaviour)

Free Roam mode...never have one why now...give us Isle of Man, Pikes Peak, Targa Florio and fictional tracks as the one in pCARS (California coast for example) and that will do the job. Long roads tracks is all that we need.

I'm with Spagetti69 👍
Leaderboards.
And an option to delete individual lap times on your own leaderboard.

What I don't want in Gt6 is a track editor. I hate those tracks.
I would like more real circuits.
I also don't want free rome; I just want to race tracks ;)

Livery editor would be nice but is not really nescessary.

Car crashes would be nice, but this is very hard to make, so I don't think we will get it.

1 is the least wanted in my list - I didn't see the need to add damage in the first place...if you're going to implement something, do it properly PD!

From those.. that would be the track editor.

Or maybe the collisions.

But Free roam and customization.... I couldn't care less :yuck:

I say leaderboards.

This would have been my choice if possible.

But it would be hard to do with all differently tuned cars.
But it should be possible in Arcade I think

When you say engine swaps, you talking about any engine swapped or in-brand engine swap eg m3 with a V10 M5 engine that sorta thing??

I agree with the ability to total the car enough to put you out of the race, and would also need real damage sounds metal scraping the guard barrier at 100 an hour, paint scratching peeling body panels that sorta thing.

Track editor does need the ability to free draw the track on a sheet, then it marks it out on an environment when then add extras to the track like runoff areas, grandstands, tyers..

If they were to have a free roam, it would then be usefull if you were tired and wanted to cruise with mates or meet new ones to drive around famous stretches of roads/highways eg Transfugara (the one from Top Gear) highway, wouldn't that be EPIC..

Of the choices in the poll I would pick Track Editor as it would add infinite lifespan.

For me however a complete rebuilding of the AI engine is my most wanted feature / update. GT5 has awful AI and could learn from the otherwise crap NFS Shift 2 Unleashed. Current AI is rubbish and provides no challenge whatsoever. I want to feel Im in a race not a procession.

Last edited:
What is up with the wish for a free roam mode!?
Implementing such a mode will cost us tracks, cars and useful features. Why not play TDU, Midnight Club or NFS if you want to free roam!?
Yeah. I've still never understood why having that is such a big deal.

Well based on the choices that are presented, I would go with Car Customization/Livery editor then better collision physics.

I went for the track customisation. It would be great to recreate fairly accurately any track or even roads that i think would be great fun to race on.

Next would be car customisation. Visually i'm not fussed, perhaps the option for front splitters/wings with adjustable downforce settings, but ability to give cars even basic liverys would be nice. Increased car tuning options would be better, different tyres with different tyre manufacturers offering different compounds, ability to select wheel sizes and tyre sizes and pressures. Power wise though i think GT5 is generally alright, though options for big lag turbos with massive power would be great and bring back NOS.

A Free roam mode would be of little use, tracks with alternative routes would allow users to play about if they want, include that in track editor, with the ability to select which routes are allowed for different variations etc.

Car collisions don't appeal, heavy damage penalises any incidents quite severely, and you try not to crash anyway. I can't see how you could include it accurately anyway, formula cars tend to be very fragile while touring cars regularly swap paintwork with often only slight bodywork damage at most.

I would place a free reign event creator as the absolute top priority. Something that can be used on or offline.

Of those you've listed then a vast improvement to track editor.

JohnScoonsBeard
I would place a free reign event creator as the absolute top priority. Something that can be used on or offline.

I thought you were pretty much free to chose what you want to online? Is that nerfed too?

I want better car sounds more like lfs and better car customisation so you can completely design the paint / stickers to your liking not just change the colour of the body and wheels because your car still looks plain and boring. The car sounds are a must for me sick of the plain boring ps2 sounding cars on gt5 lfs cars sound amazing and that game has been around ages

Something I've been thinking of for several years actually. How nice would it be if you could go into Time Trial mode, select your track, and then have the option to select not the entire track, but just a custom section. Then, when you're driving and you arrive at the finishline you chose yourself, you'd be respawned at the begin of the section.
I've been playing GT since GT2, but only recently have been driving intensively at the 'Ring just because of how long that track is and couldn't really be bothered to memorize it. Needless to say how stupid I feel now. But imagine being able to select a section of the Nordschleife (or any other circuit, for that matter), that you have some troubles with getting right. No need to drive back in the other direction or having to drive a full lap just for that/those corner(s)

Without being pre-dispositioned by the poll results (didn't look first), I chose car customization.

It boggles my mind that Kazunori awards individuals at SEMA that place creativity and uniqueness into their car....and yet it fails to translate into his own games.

The aero kits are quite limited and there is STILL no livery editor. We're talking 2012, folks.

I can't wait to see if Kaz has the nerve to leave it out for a 6th straight title.

Something I've been thinking of for several years actually. How nice would it be if you could go into Time Trial mode, select your track, and then have the option to select not the entire track, but just a custom section. Then, when you're driving and you arrive at the finishline you chose yourself, you'd be respawned at the begin of the section.
I've been playing GT since GT2, but only recently have been driving intensively at the 'Ring just because of how long that track is and couldn't really be bothered to memorize it. Needless to say how stupid I feel now. But imagine being able to select a section of the Nordschleife (or any other circuit, for that matter), that you have some troubles with getting right. No need to drive back in the other direction or having to drive a full lap just for that/those corner(s)
There was a game that allowed you to do that (I think it might have been Enthusia, but it might have been Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2). When you do Time Attack, you chose whether you wanted to do specific track sectors, several track sectors combined, or the entire track. It was really helpful.

Back