Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Free Roam Mode

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Improved Car Customization

Votes: 143 53.0%
  • Improved Track Editor

Votes: 39 14.4%

• Total voters
There was a game that allowed you to do that (I think it might have been Enthusia, but it might have been Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2). When you do Time Attack, you chose whether you wanted to do specific track sectors, several track sectors combined, or the entire track. It was really helpful.
It was Enthusia <3

I honestly would want the track and vehicle customization, it would add limitless possibilities to gt6 (as long as the car customization is realistic, not like in forza where you can have some pretty unrealistically odd setups :rolleyes:). The car crashes would be icing on the cake. A free roam mode is just a stupid idea overall, it just doesn't fit with Gran Turismo at all.

#1 is not bad at all. Seems pretty possible soon

Your #2 is a bit too much

I think if we had a free roam would be something like a small city, in my opinion Special Stage city would fit great, in a way we had linked Route 5, 7, 11 + some new roads.
The 24 hour cycle would be present as well with weather changes.

But that's pretty much all, not buying houses, getting out of car or other TDU-ish thing, It's gran turismo which is a driving simulator, and that's what the point of free roam simply drive around, enjoy your cars..

As well your #3, look don't get me wrong but livery editor won't fit on gran turismo, I'd rather see racing modifications for all cars as we had in gran turismo 2, which they were based in real race cars.

#4 again a bit too much. The actual track editor concept is just fine, if they go more deeper on it, by that i mean more landscapes, time changes etc. and of course more possibilities, but keeping the same concept we have now. Because as i said above this is Gran Turismo, not NFS, not TDU, not Modnation Racers.

As well your #3, look don't get me wrong but livery editor won't fit on gran turismo, I'd rather see racing modifications for all cars as we had in gran turismo 2, which they were based in real race cars.

You cannot say something that outlandish and expect it to not be quoted! haha:dopey:

You'll have to explain this to me further. I know it's just an opinion, but I'd like to know why you believe a livery editor would not fit well into a Gran Turismo title.

Last edited:
None of these examples provided would even make my Top Ten because none of them really have anything to do with improving the racing aspect of the game with the possible exception of an improved track editor. However, I do get how these things are important to other people, they just don't mean much to me.

1. Improved Car Collision and Car Crash
Probably wouldn't make my top 100. I rarely make contact with other cars even in tight racing and haven't taken damage in a race for months.

2. Free Roam Mode
Would be a fun novelty but I know I'd play it for a little while and then tire of it. Racing or driving on real world circuits is a much higher priority for me and if this feature was added at the cost of even one real world circuit, then I would say it isn't worth it.

3. Improved Car Customization

Yes I would like to see a custom livery editor, it would be great fun and would add some real uniqueness to my rides, especially those that enter race series. I'm not a programming expert, but I'm thinking that it would require a great deal of programming clout to get this to work online with up to 16 cars and that's perhaps why it isn't included. But to me it's not a big deal.

4. Improved Track Editor

This might make my top 20 but the current system would be dramatically improved if we could just do three things.

1. Program the length of the circuit and allow shorter tracks.
2. Alter the terrain, up to and including, flat or nearly flat tracks.
3. Allow the length of the front straight to be programmed separately.[/QUOTE]

4. Improved Track Editor
This might make my top 20 but the current system would be dramatically improved if we could just do three things.

3. Allow the length of the front straight to be programmed separately.

I like where your head's at with that.

1. Improved Car Collision and Car Crash
Probably wouldn't make my top 100. I rarely make contact with other cars even in tight racing and haven't taken damage in a race for months.

Why do some people always use these kind of arguments (don't take it personally) when saying they don't care much for damage.
It's not just you yourself who is affected by damage (and yes, the aim is not to get damage in the first place) but your opponents as well.

And even when nobody causes an accident, hits the wall or whatever, there's the increased tension or more cautious and clean driving which ensues from having the mechanical damage option set to heavy or even light.
The consequences of a good damage system aren't just the consequences of the damage itself.

Why do some people always use these kind of arguments (don't take it personally) when saying they don't care much for damage.
It's not just you yourself who is affected by damage (and yes, the aim is not to get damage in the first place) but your opponents as well.

And even when nobody causes an accident, hits the wall or whatever, there's the increased tension or more cautious and clean driving which ensues from having the mechanical damage option set to heavy or even light.
The consequences of a good damage system aren't just the consequences of the damage itself.

As I carefully prefaced in my post, I realize this is important to others, it just isn't important to me. I wouldn't care if there were no damage at all to be honest. From a larger perspective, you have to realize there is only so much computing power available from the PS3 or future PS4. If some of that computing power is taken up by providing a realistic damage model, something else will probably have to be sacrificed and that's not a trade off I'd be willing to make. Racing, physics, absence of lag and graphics are my top priorities. If they pour everything into that and there's lots of ooomph left over to deal with a damage model, cool go for it. But don't sacrifice the meat of the game, the racing, for what amounts to a novelty, to me anyway.

You cannot say something that outlandish and expect it to not be quoted! haha:dopey:

You'll have to explain this to me further. I know it's just an opinion, but I'd like to know why you believe a livery editor would not fit well into a Gran Turismo title.
Is not from the game style, I don't imagine a full lobby with people driving their cars custom vinyls.

It doesn't look like Gran Turismo in my honest opinion.

Is not from the game style, I don't imagine a full lobby with people driving their cars custom vinyls.

I can imagine one thing...PD giving us the beloved livery editor...and then people bitching and complaining about how bad it is and some things that are missing, is not as good as *****, etc, etc... :dopey: lol

I'd prefer car collision because it would encourage drivers to race clean, rather than dive bombing every corner on the first lap of the race.

Followed by car customization, track editor, and free roam. In that order.

i think "show livery: both, player only, oppenent only or none" option should included if PD decided to add the livery editor.

For me the list of what I want most would be: 1, 3, 4, 2. I play GT games for realistic racing, so there should be realistic damage and crashes. Livery editor because, well, have you ever, in a top professional Series, seen standard color cars race? I currently race in the BTCC online championship and we definitely would like the ability to make our cars look like the real ones. Track Editor because it's too basic, as I said on another thread, I don't care if it will end like that from TrackMania, it'll be more detailed anyway. Free roam is last because, if I want to play free roam I insert a NFS or something.

I'd like to see some new air physics, such as the following:

Variable drafting effectiveness based on vehicle design.

Functional ram air, and the effects drafting and head/tailwinds have on it.

Altitude/Temperature consideration for drag and power levels (high altitudes have thin air which reduces power and probably a little drag, and cold air improves power).

I like the 4 ideas of this topic, but what I don't see anyone talking about is custom races. I can't believe you can't set up a race on a track and pick what cars you will be competing against, and what level AI will be driving against you. Also, you should be able to specify all aspects of the race just like online. I enjoy playing online, but I can rarely get a lot of drivers to drive La Sarthe 15 laps with full damage and no assists. It would add so much enjoyment and playability. I can't imagine it would be hard to add this feature as it allready exists for online play. I'm also into combat flight simultors, and I would spend hundreds of hours recreating battles and flying for different sides. With this we could re-create historic races, create and share championship challanges. Even award prizes for our friends. I know that PD has given us so much allready, but I just can't stand playing Arcade Mode when I just want to have some quick fun. It is rediculous to get in my Bentley Speed 8 and the computer automatically has me driving against 15 identical cars all with identical AI. Speaking of AI, it would be very cool if you could select some of your own B-Spec drivers to drive against you. I have a feeling PD has allready thought about this, I just hope they see how much many of us would enjoy it.

4. Improved Track Editor

3. Allow the length of the front straight to be programmed separately.
That's a start. The next step would be to allow us to move the starts/ends of sectors, allow us to place different types of rumble strips any place on the track, and to allow us to re-profile individual corners.

Of course, I would also welcome more "location themes" for the track editor; new blood such as 'Black Forest', 'Puszcza Notecka', 'Tahiti', 'Baltic (or North Sea) Coastal Dunes', 'Algarve or Alentejo' and 'Mojave Desert'. There is so much PD can do in terms of location themes.

In addition to locations, "course themes" could be interchangeable for each created course. I imagine four options: 'Modern' (modeled like the Eifel courses in GT5 right now: permanent fencing, rumble strips, big modern pits, white lines at edge of smooth paved surface), 'Road' (modeled like Aso and Toscana in GT5:thin countryside-type fencing, no rumble strips, humble pits, typical paved highway surface with road markings and drainage features), 'Gravel' (thin countryside-type fencing, no rumble strips, gravel surface), and 'Classic' (styled after pre-80s racing circuits: big classic pits, no paint on surface, no rumble strips, bumpy paved surface with sagging at edges).

Wind tunnel is essential for me, it would be nice to see where the air flow is being directed once I've applied a spoiler & where the airflow goes when settings have been changed.

It would also be nice to know if it makes my car accelerate any faster or increases top end speed.

To keep the list short, I'll only list my 5 most wanted features/upgrades for Gran Turismo 6. Not in order.

#1 More Cars on track - 16 cars needs to be bumped up to 24 cars, minimum. More then that if possible. There is absolutely no negative to more cars on track, only endless positives. It needs to happen.

#2 Better crash physics/visible damage - Gran Turismo still has the crash physics of a 80s simulator. It needs to be improved. Greatly.

#3 More and Better events - The quality and amount of events in Gran Turismo 5, considering the endless possible combination of cars and tracks, was, at the very least, laughable. Even PD has admitted this. Also the fact only endurance races require pit stops was appalling. This was one of the saddest parts of GT5. Its like all the events were decided on in one day.

Why not give us 500 events and championships? Why not give us 50 endurance races with a wide variety of vehicles and tracks? Why not? How hard can it be to program? Why rehash the Grand Valley 300km over and over. How about the Deep Forest 300km for supercars? Or a SSR5 6 hour race for non-tuned road cars. Or a 24 hour Le Mans race without the chicane for 60s sportscars.

#4 Variable weather for Every track - Even better would be if you could download real world weather and patterns for real world tracks. I know the Flight Simulators already do this. I want to come to a track and it be cloudy and cool one day and the next day it's hot and sunny. Besides just being visible different this affects the car's handling and tires. Again many simulators already feature this. For time trial purposes a universal temperature can be used, 70 degrees, sunny and no wind for example.

#5 Driver changes for Endurance races offline and online - I want to race with my B-Spec drivers in an offline endurance race. I want to be able to swap seats with drivers online as well. Please do not ask us to drive 24 hours again. Nobody has done that since...the 1940s?

#2 Better crash physics/visible damage - Gran Turismo still has the crash physics of a 80s simulator. It needs to be improved. Greatly.

#4 Variable weather for Every track - Even better would be if you could download real world weather and patterns for real world tracks. I know the Flight Simulators already do this. I want to come to a track and it be cloudy and cool one day and the next day it's hot and sunny. Besides just being visible different this affects the car's handling and tires. Again many simulators already feature this. For time trial purposes a universal temperature can be used, 70 degrees, sunny and no wind for example.

#5 Driver changes for Endurance races offline and online - I want to race with my B-Spec drivers in an offline endurance race. I want to be able to swap seats with drivers online as well. Please do not ask us to drive 24 hours again. Nobody has done that since...the 1940s?

thats the most important feature to make this real driving simulator game 10x better.... i'm totally agree with this.

The answer I'd give is none of the above. A lot of improvement is required in B-Spec - currently I'm a little confused as to why it is even included in its current state. As Earth mentioned, using B-Spec drivers in an endurance racing team would be good.

More emphasis on race series would be good - Gran Turismo relies too much on Formula Libre type racing rather than real life series racing. And simple improvements like Qualifying sessions would be appreciated. Oh, and having standard cars with no cockpit view makes GT5 look as though it is work in progress. This needs to change too.

Last edited:
In decreasing order of wantness: 3,2,1,4.

I was kinda hoping that there would be more customisation options (licensed body kits and the like, maybe some new >180 kph speedos for JDMs) for the premos. I don't think PD should spend too much extra effort on standards TBH, just fix LOD errors or tinker with the game's general texture filtering.
More consistency to premos would be good. I've previously posted that there are cases where premo clocks, odometers and oil/turbo pressure gauges don't work or instances of sloppy exterior modeling.

Also, if PD cannot model suspension or tyre physics well, maybe they could focus on other aspects like transmission characteristics. (The only major physics problem I feel is the odd low speed slipping.)

Free roam to an extent is good. A unlocked TG test track or a generic proving ground would be nifty. (How about the full Millbrook or Nardo facilities?)

I'm not too sure about how severe visual damage should be shown. Rigs of Rods style realtime damage takes up too much CPU while something like Shift's looks alright but is only realtime to an extent (Fully damaged cars will look the same). GTA4/GT5 style realtime deformation does not look convincing enough. Add to that manufacturer worry that crashes look too convincing and possibly fatal in reality and you have a bucket of confusion.
(I'm probably a tiny minority who thinks PD should not have bothered with visual damage, instead focus on mechanical damage.)

If there are sufficient proving grounds, I won't use track editor. Maybe a couple more real race tracks instead.

1. Track editor improvement, first and foremost.
2. Better car modding.
3. Free Roam, eghhh... I guess...
4. Better car damage, probably a toss up with free roam...

I fail to see how PD think its okay to put out a game with almost just as much customization options available in GT1, a game from 97. I mean apart from standard options what has been added in terms of customization over the years?

1. More cars on track
when they realased the vision gran turismo trailers I almost killed myself when I counted the amount of cars after the first grand valley curve: 16! It could not be...
Now when I'm racing in a full lobby or in arcade mode I say to myself "this game needs a bigger grid size"

2. Event designer for online championships.
I just created a Formula GT championship (click on the link in my signature if you want to join :dopey: )
and a big problem will be to remind the events to the participants, so I would like to see an event reminder as in the events calendar of this page :)

My poll options 1 & 3

1. More cars on track
when they realased the vision gran turismo trailers I almost killed myself when I counted the amount of cars after the first grand valley curve: 16! It could not be...
Now when I'm racing in a full lobby or in arcade mode I say to myself "this game needs a bigger grid size"

16 car is a decent grid. Bigger would be better, especially for online, but 16 is nothing like the 6 that GT used to be limited to. Before we expand to larger grids, we need better AI (for offline) and network stability (online).

I honestly think that 16 car online races are a blast. Offline might as well still be six because 14 cars are just traffic. GT6 should make every car competitive, at least in the higher difficulty races. Qualification must (this is a must for any game that even has the letters required to spell simulator anywhere near it) be available, and this combined with a real field of competitive cars would make positions and grid sizes more valuable, especially when there is a real possibility of starting in 16th place and staying there for a whole race.

16 car is a decent grid. Bigger would be better, especially for online, but 16 is nothing like the 6 that GT used to be limited to. Before we expand to larger grids, we need better AI (for offline) and network stability (online).

I honestly think that 16 car online races are a blast. Offline might as well still be six because 14 cars are just traffic. GT6 should make every car competitive, at least in the higher difficulty races. Qualification must (this is a must for any game that even has the letters required to spell simulator anywhere near it) be available, and this combined with a real field of competitive cars would make positions and grid sizes more valuable, especially when there is a real possibility of starting in 16th place and staying there for a whole race.

And how can we get that? Throwing away visual damage on every car, can you imagine all the skipped features for the fact that they did this which was very disappointing IMO?

Back