MotoGP 17 Now Available in North America

Haven't done anything online yet, but the game is fantastic with the single player content.

Eva
Very. Night and day difference.

That's good to hear. Gonna check this one out, as the Rossi version last year just didn't impress.

Eva
Haven't done anything online yet, but the game is fantastic with the single player content.

Where did you get this at, all I see at Amazon is the import version... thanks!

Never mind, I see it's only available in NA at Gamestop. :rolleyes:
Guess I'll run by at lunch...

Last edited by a moderator:
Eva
Very. Night and day difference.
Better or worse? I actually thought Rossi was decent, physics were a lot better than milestone had in a long time! Some of the supermoto stuff was fun and different too.

Better or worse? I actually thought Rossi was decent, physics were a lot better than milestone had in a long time! Some of the supermoto stuff was fun and different too.
Far better in my opinion. The physics are better and the more authentic MotoGP presence has been restored.

Picked up MotoGP 17 on Thursday and have played some now. Will say, I do think also, that it is an improvement over the Rossi game.

The menus and UI seems to be more usable and easier to navigate (not that it was hard in the previous game, just like the look better now). Bike models look great, especially in replay mode. Track modeling doesn't look too much improved, and maybe it is but just doesn't seem to be. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing as it has been fairly decent since MotoGP 14 - to me anyway.

I will say that the gameplay seems to be much improved. Running with Pro physics and joint brakes off this game is a challenge, and a welcome one. Sound has also been improved, with greater varying sounds between the 4 disciplines included in the game. For instance, the Moto3 bikes sound quite a bit different than the GP bikes, so that's a big thumbs up for me.

The AI also don't seem to be as "on-rails" as in previous games. They still stay on a "rail" so to speak, but do a better job of being "able" to adjust their line... If you played MotoGP 14 & 15, then you know what I'm talking about. It's not completely fixed, but a step in the right direction.

I have started a Career in the Red Bull rookies KTM cup and have been having a blast qualifying and racing... first race I got pole, and won the race and immediately thought, "uh oh". However, second through fourth race have only 1 more pole and 1 more race win. I had to fight for a podium at Assen, and had a very satisfying race finishing third. Running the game on Medium and it's very challenging (for me, not that great at bike games :sly: ).

Overall, if you like bike games and love MotoGP I think this is a pretty safe bet for you. I still enjoy playing Ride 2. . . but love the "racing" aspects and this game is a much purchase if you're a fan! Enjoy!

:gtpflag:

One thing I'm wondering about is DLC. How much is there and is it available in the US? I had MotoGP 13 for PS3 and the rosters for Moto 2 and 3 were incomplete as there were some bikes missing in the original release. There was free DLC to fix it, but you couldn't access it with a US copy(I'm pretty sure I read that even with a European PSN account it still wouldn't work with the US version but I could be wrong). Laguna Seca was also missing and I assume that was paid DLC.

I saw that MotoGP 14 had that same issue but the free roster updates were available in the US store. So when I saw '15 go on sale and claimed the AI had improved I assumed the DLC wouldn't be a problem anymore and went ahead and picked it up.

I never played it very much, but it was immediately apparent that the bots had been much improved. I(not a very fast rider) wasn't blowing them away on almost every track on the hardest level and I didn't have to hold my breath in sheer terror every time I braked into a corner that they would come screaming in way too hot and try to kill me like they always used to. I didn't have to ride off line into the fast corners where they used to slam on the brakes for no reason either. They also seemed to be less likely to run straight into you full speed when you were restarting after a crash. Not sure now whether the game still respawned you right on the racing line or if the bots still came to an instant dead stop right on the line when they had an issue. These problems eventually caused me to give up and drop the game halfway through the career in '13. I still enjoyed riding but I just couldn't deal with the bots anymore.

BUT, in MotoGP 15 there were still incomplete rosters for the lower classes, and there were now two tracks missing. I think it was Laguna and Donington. I checked several times in the store and the DLC for them was never available. Haven't checked in the last couple months but I don't expect that's changed.

As far as DLC, I couldn't tell you. But the rosters are complete for all four classes.

Yeah, I'm not sure about the DLC stuff... I bought the EU versions of the previous 3 games (as you can get them earlier) and just never really worried about the DLC stuff... I mostly played the top-tier of the game anyway and was never really concerned with the "who" in the game as I haven't followed MotoGP like I used to since ~2013-14.

I was lucky enough to see Nicky Hayden win the USGP at Laguna Seca in '06 and have been going to sports car races at CotA since it opened (I live in Oklahoma, so it's WAY closer than Laguna Seca). Need to go to the MotoGP race there in Austin someday soon... Anyway, I'll have to check into the DLC thing - but for $50 it's not too bad for a new game. I'll get my $$ out of it just for the Career and Historical stuff alone. :cheers:

@barryf1fan - Please do not triple-post, that's what the Edit feature is for. 👍

I've been a member here for almost 16 years - with 800+ posts in said 15+ years. . . :rolleyes:

Also, I didn't triple post. That would be making the same post 3 times. i get what you're saying though - I apologize for using up the internetz. :bowdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been a member here for almost 16 years - with 800+ posts in said 15+ years. . . :rolleyes:

Also, I didn't triple post. That would be making the same post 3 times. i get what you're saying though - I apologize for using up the internetz. :bowdown:

You just double-posted to tell me you didn't triple post. :P

That's why we have the Edit and +Quote buttons, though: so you can respond to multiple people in the same post. 👍

@barryf1fan - Please do not triple-post, that's what the Edit feature is for. 👍

You just double-posted to tell me you didn't triple post. :P

That's why we have the Edit and +Quote buttons, though: so you can respond to multiple people in the same post. 👍

Whatever dude. I'll just pm you my thoughts and you can post them, edit them (or not) as you see fit. . . and those are two separate thoughts YOU combined, not a double post. Man, you just looking for something to do?? :cheers:

[smacks fore-head]
I should've just edited post #14. . .

Annnnd, back on the topic of the MotoGP 17 game - it's a decent game, give it a shot if'n you like the bikes. Triple-poster out. :)

Thanks for the reply. I just found it really annoying that every time I looked at session or race results 15+ competitors that should have been on track with me were listed as DNS... and then that it had been completed but I couldn't download it for apparently no good reason.

Thanks for the reply. I just found it really annoying that every time I looked at session or race results 15+ competitors that should have been on track with me were listed as DNS... and then that it had been completed but I couldn't download it for apparently no good reason.
There are about 32-33 on track at one time in Moto3 now. So I think it's good.

Back