MotoGP 2 Racer Series - A Challenge

• Thread starter barryf1fan
  • 121 comments
Originally posted by InterCooler
That is a rocking time, barry! Very impressive.
Thanks man, I seriously expected you to beat me. I'm almost glad you only had 30 minutes to do the Qualifying. :P
I can't wait to see everyones race times! I have run the race a couple times and have kept the best, but I think I can do better. :thumbsup:

Now I know where I should be to beat you in race!
Yes, I think it will be very close. I can't seem to get down into the 1'19's during my race though, I think I drove out of my head so to speak for that qualifier. :D I am going to run the race a few more times though and see if I can't get some more consistant times.

Just a reminder to get those times in. I have recieved InterCoolers time so far.

On another note: I have finally opened up the Legends mode, and that is freakin' cool. I love the Lucky Strike Suzuki of Scwhantz. :cool: :thumbsup:

I like Legends mode because they are all fast riders (and tends to ride as a pack).

On one race, I was leading the race until the last corner of the last lap, turned too wide, and all of them got through! I finished last . . . . .

I like Legends mode because they are all fast riders (and tends to ride as a pack).

On one race, I was leading the race until the last corner of the last lap, turned too wide, and all of them got through! I finished last . . . . .
They told me that they were gonna do that to ya.:lol::lol:
Seriously though, it is a cool feature. I sure hope Namco isn't done with this game, I would love to see more features and even a career mode where you had to move up through the 125's, 250's, and eventually get a ride in 500's. that would be :cool: :thumbsup:
I'm already practicing Suzuka - Round 3 of the MotoGP 2 Challenge. ;) Hope you are too, course I'm near as confident or comfrotable as I was at Paul Ricard. I bet between the first game and this one I have ran over 500 laps there. Really, no ****. :P It was my favorite track from the first game. Catalunya is my fav from Motogp 2. I should be good there too, but the rest are gonna be quite interesting. Man I'm digging the competiton. 😈 :D
I hope everyone else is digging up on it. This just makes the game so much more fun and almost realistic.

I have been on Suzuka on many racing games so the novelty is wearing thin on me. I personally prefer Sachsenring & Assen!

I hope I can give you better challenge on Suzuka and Catalunya (had a lot of practice on Catalunya, but not 500 laps).

I have been on Suzuka on many racing games so the novelty is wearing thin on me. I personally prefer Sachsenring & Assen!

I hope I can give you better challenge on Suzuka and Catalunya (had a lot of practice on Catalunya, but not 500 laps).
Yeah, I know what you mean. I have only done that many laps on Paul Ricard. I ran that track all the time, especially in the 1st MotoGP game. I haven't run near that many laps anywhere else. I struggle a bit at the Sachsenring circuit, gonna have to put some time in there.
And I know that I will more than likely play catch-up to you at Suzuka, as well as some of the other tracks.
Have you run the race at Donington in the wet, just to see what it was like. I have and it was pretty tough. I thought about changing the SIM-on to SIM-off to make it a bit more "enjoyable", if you know what I mean. If you have a minute to try it, let me know your feelings on it. As well as everyone else doing the challenge. :D

It has been a while since I tried the rain mode but I found that I am not racing, just fighting to stay up through the turns . . . . .
I'm with ya, that is why I was thinking that we could run sim-off for the Wet race. What do you think? I think it would be more of a challenge with it on, but I want it to be fun for everyone y'know. :D
I'm filling in the results right now, I'll be done in a few minutes.

I have updated the MotoGP Challenge website with the results!

Good race everyone, I'm looking forward to the Japanese GP at Suzuka. :thumbsup:
I hope everybody has begun their "testing".:D Qualify is due in less than a week. :eek:

Originally posted by HUDSONJONES
wow mark m and i were close there!
nice one barry, very impressive!!
Yea, you and Mark were covered by less than 2/10ths after a five lap race, thats :cool:.

Thanks man, I knew I would be pretty good there because I have run a lot at that track. But now, the rest of the story, I don't think I will be that fast at the rest of the tracks :( Bar Catalunya, I love that track :thumbsup:

I finally got KC's time and updated the website. Positions didn't change though.

as for the donnington thing, if we had to vote i would go for "not simulation" it's just far too hard with.
Ok, that's 2 votes for sim-off. You and KC. If anyone else wants it "off" than we will run the race with sim-off.
It doesn't matter to me and I don't think InterCooler cares, so I'll ask Mark what he would prefer.

I vote for SIM-ON.
I vote for SIM-on too, so I guess it's down to Mark M. I'll ask him which he prefers. Will that be ok InterCooler? Which ever Mark picks will be the majority.

I just don't want anyone to quit, I did this series for us . A place we could have some fun with the game that has quickly taken over my PS2. ;)
It's not for a couple of more races so we have plenty of time to decide.

I don't know about anybody else, but I seem to be struggling a bit at Suzuka (I knew I would though). I just can't seem to put together one "good" lap. If I'm ahead of my ghost and looking at a good run, I will blow at the chicane. :mad:
This is probably my least favorite track of the ones we are going to run on. I'm looking for a podium finish here....:rolleyes: hopefully.

Suzuka Qualifying times due this Monday.
Just a reminder. :D
I'm still suckin' hind t!t, in case anyone was wondering. I can't seem to figure this track out. :mad:

I am too busy playing WRC barry! I was surprised that I was able to shave 4 seconds off my last hot lap (about a month ago) in about 20 minutes.

The website has been updated with the Suzuka Qualifying times.

Does anyone want to speed up the races? Like do the Qualify by Saturday and then the race times due on the Monday? We would still have a week to do the race and actually almost a week to do qualifying.

Or does everyone like how it is? Let me know.:)

On another note:
When we run the Donington race (WET ), you can run with SIM on or SIM off, your choice. Please specify which way you ran though when you submit your Qualify times and Race times.
Another words, run it both ways and take the best times from a complete race. ;)

YEH i'm ok with that.

woohoo got the GSXR at last....i'll post a pic this weekend...
Cool, I'm updating the post here and the MotoGP website with the new dates.

Congrats on your new baby. :D
Have a ton of fun and be careful. I can't wait to see the picture of your new ride.:thumbsup:

2002 Grand Prix Schedule

Race Dates :
Spanish Grand Prix Jerez
03/04/02
03/11/02

French Grand Prix Paul Ricard
03/18/02
03/25/02

Japanese Grand Prix Suzuka
04/01/02
04/08/02

Catalan Grand Prix Catalunya
04/13/02
04/15/02

British Grand Prix Donington
04/20/02
04/22/02

Netherlands Grand Prix Assen
04/27/02
04/29/02

German Grand Prix Sachsenring
05/04/02
05/06/02

ok that works for me...just wish you typed your date in the same format as us brits! :confused: :D :D
:lol::lol:
Man, you sure are difficult. :P
But just so it's easier on your noggin:
Catalan Grand Prix Catalunya
13/04/02
15/04/02

British Grand Prix Donington
20/04/02
22/04/02

Netherlands Grand Prix Assen
27/04/02
29/04/02

German Grand Prix Sachsenring
04/05/02
06/05/02

I hope that your migraine goes away. :haha: :lol: :haha: ;)

Back