Motor City Tunes GT6

Hami, is it generally not always the case that lowering the suspension on an average road car improves handling and grip for corners? If so why don't car manufacturers just tweak them from the factory?
Thanks
MC

Hami, is it generally not always the case that lowering the suspension on an average road car improves handling and grip for corners? If so why don't car manufacturers just tweak them from the factory?
Thanks
MC

In general, the lower the weight below the axles, the better a car will handle. Barriers to lowering weight are the ground and the shock bump stops. A heavy car generally needs more suspension travel or really heavy springs and usually a higher ride height.

Why don't manufacturers lower cars from the factory? Pot holes, driveway approaches, federal regulations for bumper heights?

I think there's only a maximum bumper height. Which is like 4 or 5 feet. Pretty up there.

In the game it seems somewhere around 85 mm is about as low as you want to go if you're gonna be hitting curbs.

I think there's only a maximum bumper height. Which is like 4 or 5 feet. Pretty up there.

In the game it seems somewhere around 85 mm is about as low as you want to go if you're gonna be hitting curbs.
I can't speak for the rear of the world but over here we've got a 100mm minimum for any suspended part of a car, factory or modified.

From the NHTSA.

3) What are the Federal regulations for bumpers?

49 CFR Part 581, "The bumper standard," prescribes performance requirements for passenger cars in low-speed front and rear collisions. It applies to front and rear bumpers on passenger cars to prevent the damage to the car body and safety related equipment at barrier impact speeds of 2� mph across the full width and 1� mph on the corners.

This is equivalent to a 5 mph crash into a parked vehicle of the same weight. The standard requires protection in the region 16 to 20 inches above the road surface, and the manufacturer can provide the protection by any means it wants. For example, some vehicles do not have a solid bumper across the vehicle, but meet the standard by strategically placed bumper guards and corner guards.

Please Hami...could you publish Quick tunes for dirt for ff,Mr and fr...I really don't know how to start...thanks in advance for your excellent Job in gt6

Hami, did you manage to create a PDF of the tuning guide in the end?

Thanks

Any ideas on posting a PDF right in the tuning guide link? Or will I just need to email to people who request it?

Please Hami...could you publish Quick tunes for dirt for ff,Mr and fr...I really don't know how to start...thanks in advance for your excellent Job in gt6

I have never really run dirt with anything except for a Rally car so not sure how much help I would be.

Hello buddy,

Just checking in. Glad to see you are still on it - and racing firm but fair!!

Rob

I am still around, but game time has been spent mostly on breaking down the physics of Forza 6 and Project Cars. Forza has been pretty easy because the tuning options are more limited. They make mostly logic sense, so not sure there is much need for a tuning guide over there. As for Project Cars, tuning is as complex as real world, so some pretty magical tunes can be developed. It is pure art in that game. A ton to digest.

Using the vintage Lotus Formula Ford at the new Lotus historic track and OMG! The drive, the visuals, the sound. I could do just this for the next week.
I know! Absolutely loving it. The feel/sound of driving these makes you realize how brave those guys were that drove these. When it first came out we had 10 guys racing each car and track. I was literally sweating. Met some real good guys on here. A must for anyone!

I know! Absolutely loving it. The feel/sound of driving these makes you realize how brave those guys were that drove these. When it first came out we had 10 guys racing each car and track. I was literally sweating. Met some real good guys on here. A must for anyone!

Are you on PC or PS4?

Hello

I use one of those HKS controllers and have just discovered your awesome SRT Charger tune! I'm a late comer to GT6 and find all of these different updated versions of the game to be confusing.

I have the most current version 1.22. Is there a cutoff point (1.08, 1.16 etc...) where I should avoid tunes? Is there something about any of them that I could modify to use with the current game version?

Thanks

Last edited:
I believe that game version 1.09 was the last major physics change. Older tunes may still be worth a try but may also need a few adjustments to get everything available out of them.

Ok, good to know. Is there a particular suspension setting that I should adjust for 1.08 tunes?

I just used your Pontiac Trans Am 480pp in the iB Fighting Muscle Nordwand race. Unbelievable! So smooth and stable!! It won in a very fun and competitive match.

Your muscle car tunes are like an early Xmas gift! Happy Holidays

I need to finish linking all of my tunes so that people can actually find them. I think about 30% of my tunes in this thread are NOT linked on the home page. Need to clean that up.

Cool, I look forward to it.

Can you suggest a car/tune for the Historic Racing Car Cup. I'm so sick of this race. Every GT game has the obligatory 2J/Toyota 7 rabbit chase these days. I want something to just get it over with in a hurry and would prefer to not have to buy either of those old oddities.

Cool, I look forward to it.

Can you suggest a car/tune for the Historic Racing Car Cup. I'm so sick of this race. Every GT game has the obligatory 2J/Toyota 7 rabbit chase these days. I want something to just get it over with in a hurry and would prefer to not have to buy either of those old oddities.
For the Historic Racing Cup I used the Dodge Challenger Race Car, threw the driver's Etiquette handbook out the window and completely forgot my manners.

For the Historic Racing Cup I used the Dodge Challenger Race Car, threw the driver's Etiquette handbook out the window and completely forgot my manners.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. If I don't destroy my TV first, I should earn enough from 2nd and 3rd place finishes to just buy the 2J.

Update: That worked great! It was a lot easier than I expected. I used the ShmoGT tune and I'm not ashamed to say that I had TCS @ 1 and took some creative driving lines at Silverstone. I wouldn't mind if PD never includes another racing Vacuum in a GT game again.

Last edited:
Back