Motor City Tunes GT6

Used again your tune Hami and i'm down at 1.42.197, still can do a 1.41.5xx at max. Should i add the spoiler?

I'm not sure. What improvements are you looking for? If you want more stability on the downhill sections I would rather increase LSD decel rather than add a spoiler. Adding the spoiler may reduce front grip in the high speed corners.

I'm not sure. What improvements are you looking for? If you want more stability on the downhill sections I would rather increase LSD decel rather than add a spoiler. Adding the spoiler may reduce front grip in the high speed corners.

Ok, tomorrow will add a bit the LSD deceleration and see how i go. We still have time before they close up the event

Thanks for the tune.

This is my current tune for the Honda S2000. I tuned it on Ascari and Silverstone. Feel free to take it for a test drive and post your feedback.

Honda S2000 Type V '03
470PP, 300hp, 1100kg
Paint: Lime Green Metallic

11444921076_5bb4b049ca_z.jpg

Tuned with G27 with Nixim Brake Pedal Mod
Pit Service
Oil Change
Installed Parts
Comfort Soft Tires
Fully Customizable Suspension
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable Transmission
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning
Weight Reduction Stage 2
Carbon Hood

Tune
Ride Height 80/85
Springs 10.0/8.5
Dampers Compression 4/3
Dampers Extension 7/4
Anti-Roll Bars 4/4
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe -0.05/0.07
Brake balance 4/3
LSD 8/11/15
Ballast 1
Ballast Position 0
Weight Distribution 50/50
Power Level 98.0%

Transmission
Final Gear to 5.500
Top Speed to 112
1st gear 3.700
2nd gear 2.650
3rd gear 2.055
4th gear 1.680
5th gear 1.405
6th gear 1.215
Final gear 3.950

Your Matterhorn tune for the seasonal is excellent...thank you! Very stable and you can push the car a bit without it going sideways which is difficult on this track. Looking forward to trying out some of your other tunes!

So you allready have had a lot of compliments on the S2000 build for the Matterhorn . I can't really say anymore then that , that has allready said before ...
But never the less , exellent work on the S2000 :D

:tup:Hami, great work! 👍 Your LSD info helped me a ton in GT5. Appreciate the work you've done already for 6. Now to play around and fine tune some of these beasts.

Thanks for all your hard work motor city hami. The info in your guide concerning oil changes and the impact of different parts is extremely eye opening. Now I almost regret changing the oil on all my new cars (I was so giddy that PD made it a million times quicker than gt5). So I took your s2000 matterhorn tune with a brand new no oil change car and shaved 6 sec off my time. I made some slight adjustments (I use ds3). I felt like I was able to attack corners and maintain momentum with your tune. your attention to detail is unmatched and you present it in a clear and understandable way so everyone can learn. Thanks again.

I'm using a controller, and I've got the car pretty much tuned the way Hami wrote it, but I'm not getting the uphill speeds that colic is getting in that video. Best time I've gotten so far is a 2:04.879. I know a lot of that is my own cornering, but I could still use that kind of speed going uphill.

Another thing, am I supposed to get paid every time I run this race? Or is it just when I go from Bronze to Silver?

I've completed several laps that I would've guessed I'd get paid for but I don't.

Last edited:
I'm using a controller, and I've got the car pretty much tuned the way Hami wrote it, but I'm not getting the uphill speeds that colic is getting in that video. Best time I've gotten so far is a 2:04.879. I know a lot of that is my own cornering, but I could still use that kind of speed going uphill.

Another thing, am I supposed to get paid every time I run this race? Or is it just when I go from Bronze to Silver?

I've completed several laps that I would've guessed I'd get paid for but I don't.

Is your time a typo? did you mean 2:40.879?

You only get paid for getting all the way to gold, once.

Would love to see what you can do with this one: Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R '00

I did not like this car in GT5 but I will give it a go in GT6 and see how it does. Though I own a Mustang in real life, I don't see the appeal of this era of Mustang. I guess a lot of people owned one in their past so they have a fondness for them?

Is your time a typo? did you mean 2:40.879?

You only get paid for getting all the way to gold, once.

Not a typo, but I got paid when I bronzed at like 2:18:??. My best now is 2:03:996. So close to silver!

Also, is there a way to turn of the Ghost Replay? I looked in the options and I can't find it. I find that I'm pretty consistent at my lap times and that thing gets in my view and it messes me up.

Thanks!

Last edited:
During race there's quick options, there's a ghost option there, car, line or off i believe. Stock S2000 ,nothing changed, from the driver's license, with controller, SRF off, traction 2 abs 1 i do 1:58:869. So it's your first section probably. I only brake a little at the first corner and go uphill at 96km/h / 59mph(?).

When you get bronze you get payed only once. For each bronze time after that, you get nothing. When you hit silver you get payed once for every silver time. Say you do your first race on the track, and you get silver you get payed silver + bronze money.

Thanks! That car was 'driving' me crazy! I actually went from 2:03:996 to 1:58:something! So if I get silver now that I've gotten gold do I not get paid?

Thanks! That car was 'driving' me crazy! I actually went from 2:03:996 to 1:58:something! So if I get silver now that I've gotten gold do I not get paid?

Once you achieve gold you have won all of the credits available.

Think of it this way.

Bronze worth $100
Silver worth $100
Gold worth $100
If you achieve gold on the first try you receive all $300 in one shot.

Count me in as another grateful user of your S2000 setup for the Matterhorn seasonal. Thanks Hami, great work!

When I started working on that time trial, I thought I would first try with the stock car, with all aids off, and then see what a difference a better setup would make. Driving the premium S2000 that you get a a gift in the license tests, I only could make silver with a 2:02.3 and I thought there was no way for me to improve that time with the stock setup. So then I tried your magic recipe and that really made a difference! I could make the gold time and keep shaving seconds off. My last attempt has been 1:54.590 and there's still some room for improvement, that's driving with wheel, H-shifter and clutch like @JogoAsobi above. I only made an adjustment, I found that I needed to lengthen a bit the final gear to 4.100 with max speed 200 km/h, while keeping your gear ratios, in order to avoid redlining 6th gear in the first half of the downhill section.

Getting better times is so satisfying, so again, thanks! 👍

I like to do the TTs with manual clutch when real car has one.
Gear ratios are purrfect, nice little work out for my TH8RS... :)
...pokey 1:54:206 with no aids/0 ABS/clutch...
...also need to learn the track better.

Hi there JogoAsobi, it's good to know about other users with the same setup (T500RS, TH8RS) and driving options (everything off, ABS 0). I'm happy to see that I'm only around 0.4 s behind you! :cheers:
Would you mind if I add you to my PSN list? It would be great to have the driving lines of a fellow H-shifter+clutch user for reference.

Cheers,
S.

Count me in as another grateful user of your S2000 setup for the Matterhorn seasonal. Thanks Hami, great work!

Would you mind if I add you to my PSN list? It would be great to have the driving lines of a fellow H-shifter+clutch user for reference.

Cheers,
S.

That would be great, please send an FR to my non-GTP PSN under avatar.

:cheers:

Tune built for the S2000 Seasonal at Matterhorn 01/01/2014

Matterhorn turned out to be quite a challenge. The track calls for radically different tunes than typical, flatter racing circuits. Because of the over the hill braking zones and the long downhill sections, I had to make this tune much more stable in order to drive it more aggressively. I am currently ranked top among my friends and 383 world wide with this new tune. It is much easier to push hard than the one I posted last night.

If you want a slightly different behavior from this car, play with LSD settings.
LSD Initial Torque - Raise for more stability on corner exit. Lower for turn in and an aggressive exit.
LSD Decel - Raise for more downhill and braking zone stability. Lower for more rotation on corner entry.
LSD Accel - In my opinion, 13 is optimal for this car. I kept playing between 12 and 13. At 12 I could get a bit of inside wheel spin. At 13 I could get a more rare, slight outside wheel spin. I do not recommend going higher than 14 on this setting. So there is my recommended range, 12 to 14.

I love feedback, good or bad. I also like helping people to make tunes fit for their driving. This one currently fits mine.

Changes from previous tune:
Raised Ride Height helped a ton.
LSD settings also added greatly to the improved results.
Transmission optimized to the massive climbing and drops at Matterhorn.
Brake balance was also really important.
Took the sag out of front damping and allowed the nose to rebound more quickly; more of a fine tune.
Added a little stability to the rear with increased positive rear toe; also more of a fine tune.
Also added a little stability to the rear with decreased rear ARB; also more of a fine tune.

Honda S2000 Type V '03
470PP, 300hp, 1100kg
Paint: Lime Green Metallic

11444921076_5bb4b049ca_z.jpg

Tuned with G27 with Nixim Brake Pedal Mod and ABS 1

Pit Service
Oil Change

Installed Parts
Comfort Soft Tires
Fully Customizable Suspension
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable Transmission
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning
Weight Reduction Stage 2
Carbon Hood

Tune
Ride Height 115/115
Springs 10.0/8.5
Dampers Compression 5/3
Dampers Extension 6/4
Anti-Roll Bars 4/3
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe -0.05/0.10
Brake balance 5/3
LSD 11/13/22
Ballast 1
Ballast Position 0
Weight Distribution 50/50
Power Level 98.0%

Transmission
Final Gear to 5.500
Top Speed to 112
1st gear 3.700
2nd gear 2.590
3rd gear 1.985
4th gear 1.625
5th gear 1.385
6th gear 1.215
Final gear 4.600

I will need to give this a try. So far I've been running everything stock. As we drive very similarly this should fit me quite well. Need to beat you at something other than an obscure rally tune! :D:cheers:

Last edited:
That would be great, please send an FR to my non-GTP PSN under avatar.
:cheers:

Done, see you around the tracks! 👍

On another note, Hami do you reckon you would build a setup for the Shelby Cobra 427 '66 sometime? I'm struggling with it trying to practice heel&toe at the Ring.

Cheers,
S.

Edit: typo

Last edited:
I did not like this car in GT5 but I will give it a go in GT6 and see how it does. Though I own a Mustang in real life, I don't see the appeal of this era of Mustang. I guess a lot of people owned one in their past so they have a fondness for them?
Supposedly this car was designed for open tracking. Not sure why it handles so bad in the game.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_0004_ford_svt_mustang_cobra_r/viewall.html

1.01 g? Not in the game, lol

Last edited:
So is it common knowledge in GT that when you do engine upgrades that this causes the components be more effective? I'm fairly new to GT and I don't know if this happened in GT5 or whether it is simply common knowledge for GT6. I was adding parts to a car and calculating the HP/PP, and the numbers weren't coming out right. Then I noticed when I added Engine tuning stage 1 that the HP/PP of the components I added increased versus when I added just the component on the stock engine. I worked out a quick spreadsheet of this for a car but I didn't know whether this would be useful at all. Let me know if you'd like to take a look.

So is it common knowledge in GT that when you do engine upgrades that this causes the components be more effective? I'm fairly new to GT and I don't know if this happened in GT5 or whether it is simply common knowledge for GT6. I was adding parts to a car and calculating the HP/PP, and the numbers weren't coming out right. Then I noticed when I added Engine tuning stage 1 that the HP/PP of the components I added increased versus when I added just the component on the stock engine. I worked out a quick spreadsheet of this for a car but I didn't know whether this would be useful at all. Let me know if you'd like to take a look.

I did notice something fishy on one or two cars that I built last night. My spreadsheet would give me one PP level and when I did the build it was off by a few points. I noticed on cars that list zero PP increase for both window and carbon hood weight reductions that if you add both it does add one PP.

For example, if the car wants a 2nd to 3rd gear change just before the exit of a key corner, move the 2nd gear slider to the left and re-adjust the spacing of the other gears. Or, for example, if you are nearing a shorter straight section and find the need to shift from 4th to 5th right before a braking zone, move the 4th gear slider to the left then re-adjust the spacing of the other gears.

Hami, great stuff in your tuning guide so far!

The above quote is from your transmission tuning section, and I'm wondering if you can help me wrap my head around something that I keep getting backwards in my mind.

If I'm reading your examples correctly, in both cases you are talking about the need to make the gear (2nd in Example 1, 4th in example 2) "longer", i.e. let it get to a higher speed before shifting, right?

Assuming I have this correct so far, what you're saying is moving that gear's slider to the left makes it longer and I suppose, conversely, moving it to the right would make it shorter. Do I have that right?

I'm still not clear on how the relationships to the other gears comes into play, and how what the even spacing accomplishes either

Any of this you can confirm or clarify would be helpful.

Thanks!

If I'm reading your examples correctly, in both cases you are talking about the need to make the gear (2nd in Example 1, 4th in example 2) "longer", i.e. let it get to a higher speed before shifting, right?

Assuming I have this correct so far, what you're saying is moving that gear's slider to the left makes it longer and I suppose, conversely, moving it to the right would make it shorter. Do I have that right?

I'm still not clear on how the relationships to the other gears comes into play, and how what the even spacing accomplishes either

Any of this you can confirm or clarify would be helpful.

Thanks!

That's right luv2drive, decreasing values of the gear ratio (slider to the left) will make that gear longer, increasing values (slider to the right) will shorten the gear. You can check this yourself by changing the value for "Max Speed (Defined Automatically" in the customisable transmission section of the setup screen, you'll see that increasing the max speed automatically decreases the ratios for all gears to provide a wider speed range for each gear, and conversely decreasing max speed increases the gear ratios so gears are shortened. In the paragraph you quoted, Hami was referring to adjusting an individual gear for a particular corner or driving situation and then rearranging the other gears, you can use the graph with several lines under "Max Speed" as a guide for that rearrangement. The graph is rpm (Y) against speed (X), the lines represent the different gears and you'll want to have an even distribution of gears without gaps that would cause rpm to change a lot when shifting up (rpm drop) or down (overrev).

Cheers,
S.

Back