Motor City Tunes GT6

Used this tune as a base for my TVR Tuscan in the 550pp Brands hatch seasonal
Slightly stiffer springs as we can use SM tyres to keep it pointy.
Low 1:33 for easy gold on the 1st clean lap.
Followed my ghost and down to a 1:31 very easily after 2 more laps.

Great tune.

TVR Tamora '02
500 PP, 340 hp, 1000 kg
Weight Distribution 50:50

Tuned with G27 with Nixim brake pedal mod

Tuning & Maintenance
Rims: Standard
Body Paint: Chameleon Blue

Installed Parts
Sports Hard Tires
Fully Customizable Suspension
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable Transmission
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction

Tune Game V1.16
Ride Height 72/72
Springs 6.50/7.00
Dampers Compression 2/3
Dampers Extension 7/5
Anti-Roll Bars 3/2
Camber 0.2/0.0
Toe -0.05/0.10
Brake balance 5/4
LSD 10/11/15
Power Level 98.6%
Ballast 30 kg
Ballast Position 0

Transmission V1.16
Final Gear to 4.500
Max Speed to 124 (never touch again)
1st gear 3.000
2nd gear 2.200
3rd gear 1.660
4th gear 1.335
5th gear 1.125
Final gear 3.600 (adjust this to hit red line at the end of the longest straight)

Motor City Hamilton: Have recently found your GT6 tuning guide and for this I thank you sir.
Not being one to just use other's tunes without understanding why the values chosen are so, I have been doing my own tuning and, whilst adequate, have been nothing startling. From reading your guide I realise my mistake has been trying to use real world values in the game, which, as you point out, does not work. By following your problem solving process my lap times have dropped an average of two seconds.
once again i thank you sir.
Will

Thanks for tunes I tuned every car I have that you had a tune for now to try em all out I even bought the miata nr just because I always wanted one everyone says it is a beast

Thanks for tunes I tuned every car I have that you had a tune for now to try em all out I even bought the miata nr just because I always wanted one everyone says it is a beast

Thank you. There are a few lost tunes hanging around. I did not get a chance to link all tunes within this garage to the first page so if you scroll through each page, you may find a point where I stopped linking or skipped a number of cars. Also, I had a folder of tunes that I did not feel were up to my usual quality so I never posted them. I have moved houses, so as soon as I get the office unpacked, if those turn up, I will post.

Thank you. There are a few lost tunes hanging around. I did not get a chance to link all tunes within this garage to the first page so if you scroll through each page, you may find a point where I stopped linking or skipped a number of cars. Also, I had a folder of tunes that I did not feel were up to my usual quality so I never posted them. I have moved houses, so as soon as I get the office unpacked, if those turn up, I will post.
Thanks a bunch you have turned my garage into a contender

NASCAR Fantasy Game - Free, fun and easy to play. Feel free to join and pass it along to friends who may be interested.

https://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com

You have been invited to join Keith H's Private Group in Yahoo Sports Fantasy Auto Racing.

In order to join the group, follow the link above, or go to the game front page and click on the "Sign Up" button to create a team. After completing registration, or if you already have a team, click the "Create or Join Group" button and follow the path to join an existing private group. Then, when prompted, enter the following information...

Group ID#: 9320
Password: chevy

Hami,

If you're ever around the Waterford Hills track this summer stop in and watch some of the door-to-door action.

Hami,

If you're ever around the Waterford Hills track this summer stop in and watch some of the door-to-door action.

Looking at my summer schedule now. The car needs a ton of work from a crash last season, plus time for a refresh on the motor and trans. Looking at Waterford Hills open track day in April to shake it down.

Looking at my summer schedule now. The car needs a ton of work from a crash last season, plus time for a refresh on the motor and trans. Looking at Waterford Hills open track day in April to shake it down.
Likewise with the track day...should have something put together by then, hopefully of the 84-85 RX-7 flavor.

I am glad that I tried some of his tunes. When compared to the tunes that I was using prior to his, it definitely improved the handling aspect (I was utilizing lower spring rates when compared to the O.P.'s).

Does anyone know if he is still active on GT6? Because I would love to see and try his take on these cars (racing tunes)...
- Nissan Sil-eighty
-Tom's Chaser
-BMW (GT/Touring spec models)
-Honda Spoon (any one of them)

Last edited:
I am glad that I tried some of his tunes. When compared to the tunes that I was using prior to his, it definitely improved the handling aspect (I was utilizing lower spring rates when compared to the O.P.'s).

Does anyone know if he is still active on GT6? Because I would love to see and try his take on these cars (racing tunes)...
- Nissan Sil-eighty
-Tom's Chaser
-BMW (GT/Touring spec models)
-Honda Spoon (any one of them)

I am still around and getting updates on GT Planet. I have not played GT6 in a while. Work has gotten pretty busy so I haven't played much of anything in a while. I am in the process of starting up a blog on the GT series (tuned a Miata in every version of the game), Project Cars, Assetta Corsa and Forza 6. My summer racing in SCCA Spec Miata may get put on hold for the first part of the summer, so I will have to feed my brain with the racing bug somewhere... probably here.

Happy to answer questions about cars as you run into tuning issues.

BMW Z4 GT3 tune here... https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/page-26#post-10577966

Picked up the DS3 last night and reengaged with the blog post that I had been working on to compare one car on one track for GT1 through GT6. I chose the 1989 Mazda Miata as it is in every GT title since the beginning. I also chose Grand Valley as the track for two reasons. First, it is in every GT since the beginning. Second, I know that track very well as it was one of my go-to tuning tracks for its diversity of corner types.

As of last night, the GT6 car is tuned. I cannot squeak any more speed/lap time out of it. So I moved on to the GT5 tune and spent about 30 minutes with it last night. Tuning in GT5 is so frustrating. It brought back so many memories of cars that had no business having massive understeer. Why did almost every car in GT5 start with massive understeer? I actually had to go back to my GT5 guide to remind myself what worked back then. I will need a whole night, probably 3 hours or so, to re-learn the GT5 tuning tricks.

I drove the Miata in GT3 and GT4, just for a few laps. They handled pretty well in stock form. For GT1 through GT4, that's going pretty far back in the archives to remember what worked then. I will likely need two nights each to break down the physics again. If anyone remembers any tuning tricks from those days, feel free to share.

I don't want to give away too much of the write up before it is complete, but this has been really fun. I think it will appeal to more than just us tuning nerds in this forum.

Can't say I messed about much with tuning in 1 but I seem to remember the low RH/hard springs combo worked out pretty well for me from 2-4. With higher front/ lower rear to help with traction issues in some of the rear heavy ones. Transmissions were pretty much the same :).

:cheers:
The only things I buggered around with back then were gear ratios & wing levels.

After years of updating this Ps3 , I think GT5 tires today too slippery or maybe not compatible well with today joypad or steering. Using the same stock car test drive again & can't go near my 2012 ghost :banghead:

Ps; or maybe too old to drive fast now :crazy:

20170408_003351.jpg

Last edited:
After years of updating this Ps3 , I think GT5 tires today too slippery or maybe not compatible well with today joypad or steering. Using the same stock car test drive again & can't go near my 2012 ghost :banghead:

Ps; or maybe too old to drive fast now :crazy:

View attachment 639651

The GT6 physics, though flawed, are still much better than GT5. I am building the Miata tune across all the years to be the exact same hp and weight. I thought it was odd that I am almost four seconds slower with the GT5 version at Grand Valley. In GT6 I can get the Miata to be a little tail happy so I can get back to throttle much earlier in every corner. I didn't expect there to be this big of a difference.

The physics changed, but did the tire model also change between GT5 and GT6?

The GT6 physics, though flawed, are still much better than GT5. I am building the Miata tune across all the years to be the exact same hp and weight. I thought it was odd that I am almost four seconds slower with the GT5 version at Grand Valley. In GT6 I can get the Miata to be a little tail happy so I can get back to throttle much earlier in every corner. I didn't expect there to be this big of a difference.

The physics changed, but did the tire model also change between GT5 and GT6?
I just feel that the tires grip lost , just like lobby online vs arcade TT. At 2012, the straight line high speed is much more faster to reach than 2017. It's the same car using comfort soft tires (stock car).
Ps; The game above is GT5.

My favorite back then was the Anniversary Camaro with the RM, loved that car. Running a Miata on Deep Forest Rev was always great fun, and is why I prefer reverse to forward. 👍
So many great ideas that got lost, such as US vs UK, UK vs Japan and Japan vs US. GVE rev was another fun track, and still is.
I look forward to see what you come up with in the end. :D

I just had a frightening thought. I know Grand Valley Speedway as well as, if not better than I know Mid-Ohio. That's right, I have driven more laps on a fictional track in a video game than I have in real life on my favorite real circuit.

How about a little Gran Turismo 4 tonight, since I can't get the stupid GT Sport Beta.

And... took a detour from tuning the Miata, which is actually coming along nicely. I had to get in the Formula Gran Turismo '04 and take it for a spin or two.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back