Motor Sport Elise

  • Thread starter Thread starter TokyoDrifta
  • 45 comments
  • 1,458 views

So, do ya like it?

  • Hell Yeah

    Votes: 24 66.7%
  • Dunno

    Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Nope

    Votes: 7 19.4%

  • Total voters
    36
Messages
1,149
There's just some wierd thing about this car that i like. I dunno what it is. It might be the sound of the engine but i really dont know. Any of you people out there feel the same way?
 
I never really drove it that much, but I didn't much care for the Elise 190, so I don't think I would like it much better. It's an exellent handling car though 👍
 
i dont know anything about the car i like the espirit but thats it and im not really intrested in buyin it anyway looks ok ill probably just use it once if i ever do buy it just like that vauxhaull vx220 dealy or opel speedster or those that have the nstc version:
 
I hate it. I hate the pro-league Elise cup. I can't figure out how they run a whole race without hitting the pits. It drives me absolutely insane.
 
Originally posted by TokyoDrifta
There's just some wierd thing about tyhis car that i like. I dunno what it is. It might be the sound of the engine but i really dont know. Any of you people out there feel the same way?

I absolutely love this car . . . such a great handling car. The only thing is, you have to learn to drive the car. You have to be careful not to go over rumble strips, and be smooth when transferring weight on the car.
 
Originally posted by Driftster
Nope. It's not visually appealing.

You don't think so? Well I guess we all have our different tastes. I think it's a pretty good looking car . . . especially in BRG.
 
Originally posted by MrFast4Ward
I hate it. I hate the pro-league Elise cup. I can't figure out how they run a whole race without hitting the pits. It drives me absolutely insane.

You can take the whole series in a 190 without pitting once as well. The series is much easier in the MS Elise, of course, but I like the challenge and found myself on average to be nine second ahead of the MS elises...The rear tyres will be a bit yellow but the front will remain in the green by the end of the race. I personally love both elises, the lines and curves make them so sexy, as well as handling like a dream. To each their own, though.
 
Originally posted by Driftster
Nope. It's not visually appealing.

I agree. It's just to-butt-ugly for me.
 
BRG is the way to go for just about any English car IMO

small, lightweight and quick, I'd have one thats for sure 👍
 
Originally posted by Bollocks#999
BRG is the way to go for just about any English car IMO

small, lightweight and quick, I'd have one thats for sure 👍

Ya darn right BRG is the best way to go on a British car!!! :lol: I'm still trying to figure out why PD called it the Motor Sport Elise instead of Exige, like it is named in reality.
 
yeah, something more appealing for the Americans perhaps
 
Originally posted by VashTheStampede
Ya darn right BRG is the best way to go on a British car!!! :lol: I'm still trying to figure out why PD called it the Motor Sport Elise instead of Exige, like it is named in reality.

Actually the MS and the Exige are two completely different cars, although being released in the sameyear...The Exige is made for road use and has less power than the MS elise, a car dedicated and built for track racing in themed cuips. Correct me if I am wrong.
 
Originally posted by MidusGT
Actually the MS and the Exige are two completely different cars, although being released in the sameyear...The Exige is made for road use and has less power than the MS elise, a car dedicated and built for track racing in themed cuips. Correct me if I am wrong.

Actually check this out, it doesn't have any information on whether one is a track car or the what not . . . but it does show two seperate cars.

Lotus Exige - http://www.fast-autos.net/lotus/lotusexige.html

Lotus Elise Motorsport - http://www.fast-autos.net/lotus/lotuselisems.html
 
I'm been planning on giving it a try for a while, but haven't got round to it yet - so many cars to get through:)
 
Originally posted by VashTheStampede
Actually check this out, it doesn't have any information on whether one is a track car or the what not . . . but it does show two seperate cars.

Lotus Exige - http://www.fast-autos.net/lotus/lotusexige.html

Lotus Elise Motorsport - http://www.fast-autos.net/lotus/lotuselisems.html
Careful inspection will show that the MS Elise has a much larger front splitter, and the two cars have what look to be slightly different rear wing set ups.

Also, I'd wager the MS has a stripped out interior, (heh what do you strip out of an elise interior besides the air con? :lol: ) fire exstinguisher and a full roll cage, as well as an open exhaust, none of which you'd find on the Exige, being a street car as it is.
 
Originally posted by VashTheStampede
Actually check this out, it doesn't have any information on whether one is a track car or the what not . . . but it does show two seperate cars.

Lotus Exige - http://www.fast-autos.net/lotus/lotusexige.html

Lotus Elise Motorsport - http://www.fast-autos.net/lotus/lotuselisems.html


Heh. That's the site I went to for my logic...If you notice the Exige has a lower torque and power rating than the Motorsport Elise, also a bit heavier, too.

If you look at the various reviews of each car, you'll see that the Motorsport Elise is a production-derived race car, whilst the Exige is a race-derived production car.

Here's a review
http://www.lotusespritworld.co.uk/LotusModels/LotusExige.html
 
Originally posted by CerberaLM
Careful inspection will show that the MS Elise has a much larger front splitter, and the two cars have what look to be slightly different rear wing set ups.

Also, I'd wager the MS has a stripped out interior, (heh what do you strip out of an elise interior besides the air con? :lol: ) fire exstinguisher and a full roll cage, as well as an open exhaust, none of which you'd find on the Exige, being a street car as it is.

Well the MS in real life weighs in very close to what GT3 has in it at . . . like a 9kg difference or something after using my wonderful math skills. Since I only really look at supercars.net mostly for information on car, I never thought of two Elise's that looked very similar and yet were still different cars. After looking at fast-autos, I realized they are two different cars. Man, I have been such a dope lately . . . :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: .
 
Originally posted by MidusGT
Heh. That's the site I went to for my logic...If you notice the Exige has a lower torque and power rating than the Motorsport Elise, also a bit heavier, too.

If you look at the various reviews of each car, you'll see that the Motorsport Elise is a production-derived race car, whilst the Exige is a race-derived production car.

Here's a review
http://www.lotusespritworld.co.uk/LotusModels/LotusExige.html

Thanks for the info . . . I came to the conclusion, that I have been an idiot for like the past month . . . :banghead: .
 
Guess there's some people that absolutely hate it, and some like me that love the car. BRG has to be my fav color for it though. How do you guys like the engine sound? (like/dislike?)
Yo chaser_fan, what percent are you at? anyway, you should try the car out as it has pretty good acceleration and awesome handling.
 
Originally posted by TokyoDrifta
Guess there's some people that absolutely hate it, and some like me that love the car. BRG has to be my fav color for it though. How do you guys like the engine sound? (like/dislike?)
Yo chaser_fan, what percent are you at? anyway, you should try the car out as it has pretty good acceleration and awesome handling.

To tell the truth, I couldn't even tell you what the engine sounds like . . . :lol: . I was concentrating too hard on driving the car to pay much attention to the engine sounds . . . this is one car you have to pay attention to, or else you'll be cursing it's name the whole time you are trying to drive it.
 
You should just take for a spin at midfield in run/settings or time trial.
 
I may have to get around to doing that sometime.
 
It might sound weird, but the car feels almost too light...taking it over rumble strips is a nono...;)

It's quite a good car though, I like it...just too light, like I said before...:D
 
A car can never be too light....

Less engine, tyres, brakes are required and the emphasis in driving is maintaining speed...something any 4 cylinder driver will attest to.

The MotorSport Elise is a gem of a car but wait until you drive the caterham superlight in GT4, as the dude you heads GT4 project said "Superfaaast"
 
Yeah, I've been waiting for a Seven knockoff in GT forever.

Actually, concerning the MS Elise, I was a little surprised at the lack of grip it shows, particularly on aging tires. Don't get me wrong, I loved the Elise Cup and I've had fun driving the car. I just expected it to handle more aggressively, with loads of traction. I fully expected for the rumble strips to be poison, given the light weight, but I thought turning would be more like a kart.

Mine is in that obnoxious bright green, too - what a great color.
 
Back