Motor Sport Elise

  • Thread starter Thread starter TokyoDrifta
  • 45 comments
  • 1,458 views

So, do ya like it?

  • Hell Yeah

    Votes: 24 66.7%
  • Dunno

    Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Nope

    Votes: 7 19.4%

  • Total voters
    36
I'm waiting for the "7 series" with Caterhams, Westfields, Tigers, Lotii, Japanese Aussie US German and Other Euro versions eligble......which one for each track:confused:????

V8 power for Test Circuits, Bike motors for twisties and 4 cylinder beasts for longer tracks:D :D :D
 
Originally posted by VashTheStampede
Thanks for the info . . . I came to the conclusion, that I have been an idiot for like the past month . . . :banghead: .

Hey, everything's a learning experience, right? Don't beat yourself up. I can't tell you how many things I've learned in the few months I've been here.
 
Originally posted by MidusGT
Hey, everything's a learning experience, right? Don't beat yourself up. I can't tell you how many things I've learned in the few months I've been here.

Oh it's cool, I'm not beating myself up over it. I don't take really anything too hard.

DODGE . . . the car is light, but the thing is you have to learn to deal with the light weight and how it easily transfers weight. Once you learn it though, it sure is a fun car to drive.
 
I really didn't expect this much posts! but sadly, the thread is dying. :(
 
Originally posted by TokyoDrifta
I really didn't expect this much posts! but sadly, the thread is dying. :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
 
Threads never die... someone always resurrects them...

anyways the car is light and that is its blessing... light cars can take corners faster... brake in shorter distances... accelerate quicker... and if the engine is set up in an mr fashion with the gear box also in this vincinity... the rotational inertia will be low meaning that it takes less of hte traction for to actually turn the car... making it a much easier task and making the car more enjoyable...
 
Originally posted by bengee
Threads never die... someone always resurrects them...

anyways the car is light and that is its blessing... light cars can take corners faster... brake in shorter distances... accelerate quicker... and if the engine is set up in an mr fashion with the gear box also in this vincinity... the rotational inertia will be low meaning that it takes less of hte traction for to actually turn the car... making it a much easier task and making the car more enjoyable...

I definitely agree with you on the lightness of a car . . . it is a blessing on this car. The only thing about this car though is you have to watch rumble strips and how the weight is transferred . . . it has to be smooth, or the car's nose doesn't want to respond quick enough.
 
Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
It might sound weird, but the car feels almost too light...taking it over rumble strips is a nono...;)

just like a lot of MR cars;)
 
Yeah, MR cars are ALOT (yes, alot :p ) different from FR, 4WD, and err... FF. :lol:
 
Originally posted by f1king
The motor sport sucks, what a ****ty car.

I sure hope that is sarcasm . . .
 
Originally posted by Bollocks#999
just like a lot of MR cars;)

Not for me...I don't know what cars you're talking about, but my F1s take the turns really easy! :p
 
i like the car but it is very unforgiving if u take to much crurb the back end goes every were but i always play with TCS and ASM all of to 0 i thought it was an exige
exige.jpg
 
Hey, Vash, or anyone else who has free time and is up to it, for that matter, would you be willing to try some settings I tuned up last night? Yes, I know this isn't the settings lab, but it is the largest response to the elises and some information exchange could be warranted. I've always loved the MS Elise, in Gt2 and 3 and have been happy with the performance, but the settings I came to last night I find to be much more enjoyable.

Full tune--Stage one turbo (304hp after break-in runs)--Stage two weight reduction

Aesthetic bonus--5 spoke, gold OZs, second from last.
ms1_big.jpg



Anyway, here are the settings.


Spring rate -F: 13.3 R: 11.5
Ride Height: F: 81 R: 82
Damper Bound: F: 4 R: 3
Damper Rebound: F: 6 R: 5
Camber: F: 3.3 R: 1.3-1.4
Toe: F: 0.5 R: 0.0
Stabilizers: F: 4 R: 3

Brakes: F: 19 R: 12

LSD Init.:17
LSD Accel.:31
LSD Decel.: 20

ASM/TCS: 0

I tested the car at most courses and I adore it, more now than ever with the newer settings. Laguna Seca and Complex string were used most to test the back bone of the car. For gearing, I set the auto to 24 and 26 for Laguna Seca and Midfield respectively. The car was tested with Super softs and super slicks...Naturally, the car was bliss on the softs and a bit less tame on the slicks, but that made it enjoyable as well. On the slicks, I managed to land a qualifying lap on midfield to give me 2nd place behind the much faster gt40, being two secondsahead. Ah well, enough babble, try it out and if you have any suggestion on what you'd change, feel free to share!
 
Back