Motorsport OMG / WTF moments - Racing Funnies, Fails, Crashes, And Randomness

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,369 comments
That doesn't look too bad....Oh, there is a divider in the tunnel.
Surely they could straighten up the approach or move the support column back?

It's bad enough that although Japan drives on the left, the trucks are approaching driving completely on the right, as opposed to swinging right just enough to make the turn if it was a less extremely profiled turn and tunnel.

I found it here. Looks like the clip is the trucks leaving the circuit entering the tunnel to go under one of the straights. Once in the tunnel, the options are to make an immediate left after exiting or to go straight ahead and need an equally horrendous left coming out of a second tunnel followed by a less terrible corner to go under the speedway. I can't even see an obvious link between the circuit and the outside world for the trucks to use the track and avoid the tunnels. The speedway complicates matters somewhat.

Not often you hear "Bargain bin" and "Lambo" in the same sentence without it involving a wreck :lol:

European hill climbs tend to be multiple kilometre tracks, but British hill climbs are often much shorter. One of the most famous is Shelsey Walsh, which is 1000 yards (914 metres) long, and rises over 328 feet (100 metres). Back in 2014 Jos Goodyear became one of only 3 drivers to break the 23 second barrier: the run starts a minute in to the video. For a full appreciation of just how narrow the course is, watch to the end when he returns back down the hill to the bottom paddock.

Unusual accident in the Mini Challenge at Thruxton today. The driver suffered only minor injuries and is chatting with the marshals towards the end.

Edit: video no longer available, so look up some combination of Clark Wells, Mini Challenge and Thruxton if you want to find it.

Last edited:
It was a bit of a bizarre one before that point too when I was watching it. As what seemed like minor side on contact with another car, was enough to cause total suspension/axle failure on Wells car than sent him into the barriers. Scary stuff but the marshalls were so quick to react, On a side note, the Mini Trophy provided some cracking action in support for the BTCC today though.

Back