Motorsport OMG / WTF moments - Racing Funnies, Fails, Crashes, And Randomness

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,362 comments
Formula Winter Series from Valencia last weekend: all 38 drivers were disqualified from qualifying due to track limits violations.

424952689_936148108108021_287999909326742112_n.jpg

Roo
Formula Winter Series from Valencia last weekend: all 38 drivers were disqualified from qualifying due to track limits violations.

424952689_936148108108021_287999909326742112_n.jpg
A problem that never existed when there were REAL penalties for exceeding track limits.

Grass verges beyond the tarmac have been replaced by more tarmac , leaving a white line to determine track limits.

It's also tarnished motor racing at all levels, to the point where even a rookie can take a real man's corner flat out, first lap.

The penalty? Lap time deleted.

430662506_6473370972765273_413535854415887417_n.jpg

Jos Verstappen being carried away after retiring from the 1996 French Grand Prix.

By a crane it took me a second glance to notice.

Compare that to perez redbull at Monaco last year.
Almost perfectly balanced without a marshall balanced on the nose, despite all the extra gubbins stuffed under the engine cover. That rb19 gearbox must be made of helium

Really don't get why they waited an entire lap to display the red flag. Granted in this case it was because the crew forgot to tell her (which a whole different issue considering youd think the driver would be congratulated before anyone else) but if a driver has radio problems the lights around the track would be the only way they know.

May seem harsh, but it's pretty common for the driver to get penalized when the team makes a mistake.

Similarly, don't forget Sainz also tanked a penalty for changing part after the manhole destroyed his car.

Last edited:
Yeah it’s harsh. But that’s on the team. They should’ve told her the race was over. It’s a shame, but it’s not the first time this has happened.

They threw the book at him to the tune of a 3 place grid penalty. Absolute joke.
That's absolutely ridiculous, that should at the very minimum be a DQ. To say he has got off lightly there would be the understatement of the century.
As I typed up my previous post, I was thinking if being sent to the rear of the grid was too light.
I came to the conclusion that what he did was too bad for that.

Three grid places is ridiculous.

Someone needs to check the Stewards luggage for bottles of Grange, or something.

I was surprised with the penalty. Especially that you want young drivers to get punished hard for it, to know that’s not on. Rather pathetic from the FIA, but unfortunately that’s how they’ve been the last 18 months.

Back