Motorsport OMG / WTF moments - Racing Funnies, Fails, Crashes, And Randomness

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,362 comments
The first 2 videos posted by Jimlaad43 are just horrific!

Surprised the MX5 driver didn't lose his hand while the car was rolling. Notice his arm sticking out of the roll cage! And the photographer acted cool after he/she almost got hit was brilliant!

I completely agree, the amount of cars raced in the Star Mazda race in montreal is such a joke. As far as I can remember, I've never seen so many single seaters being raced at once like that. On such a tight circuit, I wonder what they were thinking....

That was a lot of fun to watch - thanks. 👍 It obviously helps that most (all?) of those cars are front-wheel drive, though.

All of the cars in that video except for the BMWs are front wheel drive, so yeah, basically foot-to-the-floor and counter-steer type saves. Quite a regular feature in BTCC, but impressive anyway - especially Plato's save at the top of Paddock Hill at Brands Hatch.

^^

Other than what happened between Dumbreck and the other guy in the FIA GT1 earlier this year, this is just another stupid payback...

^^

Other than what happened between Dumbreck and the other guy in the FIA GT1 earlier this year, this is just another stupid payback...

Stephen Mucke sideswiping Richard Westbrook don't you mean?

:lol:

Ah yeah, that one mate. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the correction 👍

But unlike the NASCAR event, Mucke wasn't trying to crash into him he simply lost control of his car trying to show his frustration. It was still a stupid incident, but not really anywhere near as stupid as what Kyle Busch did.

NASCAR needs some very strict stewards. Intentional ramming and shunting at such high speeds is not something you want to have, ever. Unless something is done, some racing licenses revoked, penalties imposed for poor behavior both on and off track, verbally and physically, this will continue. Stuff like this happen often in NASCAR, or relatively often compared to other series.

NASCAR needs some very strict stewards. Intentional ramming and shunting at such high speeds is not something you want to have, ever. Unless something is done, some racing licenses revoked, penalties imposed for poor behavior both on and off track, verbally and physically, this will continue. Stuff like this happen often in NASCAR, or relatively often compared to other series.

Kyle isn't racing today in Texas for that crash, and he was in the running for the championship if I'm correct, he won't be anymore after today because he is sitting on his pit box.

What a despicable piece of deliberate crashing. I'm surprised (and disappointed) that he didn't get a much longer ban.

I honestly don't understand the people who work for NASCAR. They feel NASCAR needs to become more respectable and be a worldwide sport not seen as a no-rules redneck beerfest, yet they allow things like this to happen and simply suspend him. If something like this happened in most to any other type of racing, do you think he'd even be allowed back in the series, yet alone the team?

How do you know?

I've driven around it in Race 07 The Game... As I said, the track is tight, twisty and fun to drive around. Because of its tightness, it's a bloody to race with. Overtaking is also pretty tough!

Or you could watch previous years WTCC races in Pau. For your information, the track hasn't been used in WTCC anymore since last year but I am not sure of the reason why.

Back