Motorsports Trivia Thread!

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 7,179 comments
You have probably researched already but I don't care, I'm asking it again!
Most people know that Stirling Moss was one of the greatest drivers to never win a World Championship, but how many times did he win Le Mans?

daan
How is a non Australian supposed to know that? First Peter Brock and now this. This is a board that covers the whole planet, hence it's name. Lets have some questions that cover the whole planet.

**Quickly thinks up an Australian racing driver**

Alan Jones?

Hey When you go to the thread "How about a new round of guess that car?" the Majority of the cars are weird exotic britsh or europeon cars, but no one complains, we get a couple of australian questions and we have complaints.

Thats correct so whats your question? But for bonus points and to show us whether or not you researched the question, in 1953 and 1959, Stirling Moss' name appeared in the driver line up of the winning car but he was not classified as a starter or finisher in the car. Why?

Should we have a time frame we have to wait before posting the answers to a question, say 12 hours, so people in other time zones can get a chance to answer a question. That way everyone has a chance to answer the questions but the first person to post the correct answer gets to ask the next question. Perhaps we could also have more than one question on the run so we don't have to wait 12 hours befre we get another question. What do you people think? Any other ideas?

He was sick? I don't know. I didn't research it. It was a random guess. How you asked the question made me think that it was kind of a trick question.

Sebastian Loeb was equal on WRC rally victories this last season. Who was he equal with?

Before the Australian round of the WRC this past season, Sebastian Loeb was equal with Petter Solberg on 5 victories. Word your questions properly.

After the whole season. Sebastian Loeb was equal with Didier Auriol for the record of 6 WRC Rally wins in a season. ;)

You didn't say wins as at the end of the season or that the wins was equal to a record.
In the context of the question, my answer is also correct.

Not trying to appeal at all, just asking for all the relevant information required to answer the questions.
eg. I might ask who won the 1000km race at Bathurst in 1997?
Thats easy right? Perkins and Ingall in the Commodore.
Wrong!!!
Geoff Brabham and David Brabham in the BMW.
Oops, I didn't specify which race I meant. There were two 1000km races in 1997.

Now bring on the next question.

Masami Kuwashima? The Japanese driver employed by Frank Williams for the Japanese GP at Mt Fuji in 1976. Kuwashima's sponsors offered Williams money to have him drive the car but pulled out of the deal on the Friday afternoon after Kuwashima set a time 5 seconds slower than the pole time of Mario Andretti.
While he didn't race, he did enter a race meeting.

The person must actually have had to be in the race and that it's in terms of race distance. Sorry about not being clear about that. But Schrodes is right about that part.

This car didn't race much in Europe but it won the Spa 24 hour for touring cars race in 1991.
What car was it and who were the drivers?

The car was a Skyline GT-R, commonly known as Godzilla. I knew that but I had to do a search to find the drivers. They were Anders Olofsson / David Brabham / Naoki Hattori according to this post made here by RazorGTR!

Back