Motorsports Trivia Thread!

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 7,179 comments
Correct. World-champion Jacques won the five Schrodes had already given. Brother-of-Gilles Jacques won his only CART race at Road America in 1985. Therefore, Jacques Villeneuve has won 6 times.

I'll go...

Nikolas Tombasis, an aerodynamicist, left Ferrari to join McLaren towards the end of 2003. What did he do between leaving Ferrari and joining McLaren?

It's not unusual for people like this to end up doing 'gardening leave' between jobs. He could have been planting dahlias, but I'd have a wild guess at military service.

Schrodes
I found something that said Nikolas Tombasis was off to finish his military service.

Correct. 👍 Go...

He's a Greek national. In Greece, National Service is still compulsory.

daan
Wastegate got it first....

And I thought everyone was ignoring me !

Here's a question for you all. Ferrari have long been associated with V12 engines, but how many Grand Prix have they won with V12s?

I'll say 20 wins for Ferrari in F1 since 1950 with a V12.
3 with the 375 in 1950-1951.
3 with the 312 in 1966-1968.
3 with the 640 in 1989.
4 with the 641 in 1990.
2 with the 641/2 in 1990.
3 with the 643 in 1991.
1 with the 412T1B in 1994.
1 with the 412T2 in 1995.

Ferrari were far more successful with their 12 cylinder Boxer "F12" engine scoring 37 wins using that engine from 1970 to 1979.

One of the more peculiar finishes to a 24 hour race would have been the finish of the 24 hour race at Spa in 1993. The race was stopped after fifteen hours because of the death of someone who had nothing to do with the race.
Who was this person and who won the race?

The race was red flagged because of the death of King Boudouin of Belgium.
The winners after 14 hours and 53 minutes were Christian Fittipaldi, Jean-Pierre Jarier and Uwe Alzen in the Roock Racing Porsche.

Who is asking the next question?

I'll say the Vigillante is the most powerful street legal three wheeler.
It uses a 700 hp Chev engine, goes from 0-60mph in three seconds and can reach over 200mph.
It is still in production, built to order and can be built with a few different engines.

Attachments

• Vigillante.jpg
    Vigillante.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 30
Yuichi
4 japanese manufacturers entered le mans '95 (toyota, mazda, honda and nissan)

hey, sorry about that. bloody women take up soo much time....

Um... sorry nope. Not 4, or 1. Although I might of made a very very big mistake with this.

How many Japanese manufacturere's/company's entered in the 1995 Le Mans?
Four Japanese manufacturers were represented at Le Mans in 1995. As previously mentioned they were Mazda, Honda, Nissan and Toyota.
However, there were five Japanese companies involved in the race. They were Mazdaspeed who entered a car with DTR from the USA. They finished seventh. Team Kunimitsu from Japan ran a Honda and finished eighth overall and first in GT2. NISMO entered two Skylines and finished tenth and 27th (DNF). SARD Co entered a Supra and a MC8-R and finished fourteenth and 45th (DNF). Honda raced two NSX's. One finished 23rd, the second finished 48th (DNF) and a third NSX did not qualify.
Two other Japanese companies did not take part in the race but were entered. they were Team Nakajira with an NSX who did not qualify and Nisso Trust Racing with a Supra who did not appear.

Latest Posts

Back