Motorsports Trivia Thread!

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 7,179 comments
What statistic has this top 3?
1: Kevin Magnussen
2: Felipe Nasr
3: Giancarlo Baghetti

Last edited:
Baghetti is technically tied with Parsons and Farina, but then it was 9 points for a win, not the 10 points Nasr got for 5th.
Baghetti got 9 for his win, but Farina and Parsons only got 8 points for theirs.

Baghetti got 9 for his win, but Farina and Parsons only got 8 points for theirs.

Oh yes, that's right. Sorry, I totally forgot you didn't get 10 points for a win until the 1980s.

Which driver has won the 24 Hours Of Le Mans a record number of times for different manufacturers and/or teams?

Six time winner Jacky Ickx won Le Mans with three different marques; Ford, Mirage and Porsche. But it's one short of the record.

Pescarolo?

Henri Pescarolo won Le Mans 4 times outright with two different marques; Matra and Porsche. Two off the record.

Yannick Dalmas is the correct answer. He won in 1992 for Peugeot with Peugeot Sport, in 1994 for Dauer-Porsche with Joest Racing, in 1995 for McLaren with Lanzante Motorsport and in 1999 for BMW with BMW Motorsport.

Kristensen has won Le Mans with two different marques, Audi and Bentley, but this is not the record.

Kristensen actually won with three manufacturers, he drove the Porsche that took the win in 1997. Not that it changes the outcome but still.

If we're really getting technical - and oh yes we are because this is the trivia thread - the question included teams which would certainly put him on the top. He took victories for Joest Racing (1997), Audi Sport Team Joest (2000-2002, 2013), Team Bentley (2003), Audi Sport Japan Team Goh (2004), ADT Champion Racing (2005) and Audi Sport North America (2008).

Kristensen actually won with three manufacturers, he drove the Porsche that took the win in 1997. Not that it changes the outcome but still.

Fair. That one slipped my mind.

If we're really getting technical - and oh yes we are because this is the trivia thread - the question included teams which would certainly put him on the top. He took victories for Joest Racing (1997), Audi Sport Team Joest (2000-2002, 2013), Team Bentley (2003), Audi Sport Japan Team Goh (2004), ADT Champion Racing (2005) and Audi Sport North America (2008).

I wasn't looking for teams specifically, I just added that in because in some contexts the line between works and privateer is blurred.

While watching a racing documentary on Hulu I was presented with a staggering fact. Therefore...what F1 driver has severe vision handicap and unable to either read or write.

Sir Jackie was destined for a career as a shop sweeper outer because he was failing miserably in School. He was introduced to skeet and rough shooting and that propelled him into the circles of the Sportsmen. As I remember he was either the UK Champion or some other very high position . He still can not read or write but he sure can count all the money Ford and Rolex have given him over the years.

While watching a racing documentary on Hulu I was presented with a staggering fact. Therefore...what F1 driver has severe vision handicap and unable to either read or write.

Not quite a vision problem, he's extremely dyslexic.

Here's a trivia question:

If Grosjean and Sirotkin score WDC points during the 2018 Formula 1 season it'll be a really big deal... but why?

It's almost as remarkable that every team has scored points by the 4th race into the season, and that the Mercedes steamroller appears to have been blunted if not broken. A vintage year!

A subjective question,

What is the worst looking GP ever?

Indianapolis-2005-start-USA.jpg

---

Oh, a GP car?

Teatray March, wedge Lotus or the Cosworth 4WD.

A subjective question,

What is the worst looking GP car ever? Could it be this 1955 DB Panhard?

The car above is pretty compared to the god awful, burn the back of your eyes & permanently blinding Eiffeland from the 70's.

Here's a picture of the designer
IMG_0754.PNG

Back