Motorsports Trivia Thread!

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Cap'n Jack, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Roo

Roo Premium

This was exactly the reason I brought Senna's winning start positions up, although I didn't expect our dearly departed friend to notice, or care if he did.

Liquid and Pete05 like this.
  2. Roger the Horse

Roger the Horse

Be interesting to see what the biggest in race climbs ala Perez at Sakhir are, since functionally there's very little difference between starting a race from the back and dropping to the back on lap 1 after getting punted.

MaxAttack likes this.
  3. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43 Premium

Button Canada 2011?

Roger the Horse likes this.
  4. MaxAttack

MaxAttack Premium

I'd expect this plus X race where Clark was the only dude who didn't blow up the car.

5. Liquid

Liquid Premium

Button was dead last in Canada which means... *checks entry list* he was 21st on lap 37 because of prior retirements.

Watson won in Long Beach from starting in 23rd.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  6. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43 Premium

*checks result* However, 17 cars finished that Canadian GP, only 10 finished at Long Beach. Plus, Watson had 75 laps to make up those 23, Button had 33

7. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43 Premium

All 17 drivers who finished the 2020 Sakhir Grand Prix finished on the Lead Lap. Is there an F1 race where more drivers finished on the lead lap with nobody classified as any laps down?

Obviously the late Safety Car allowed everyone to be unlapped, but as Sakhir was the shortest circuit in F1 history in terms of laptime it's still a surprise to see nobody finish a lap down. Pietro Fittipaldi in 17th was only 36 seconds off the leader at the flag.

Basically the question is, can anyone find a race where the last finishing driver (in at best 17th) was closer to the leader than 36 seconds?

8. Liquid

Liquid Premium

Open Question:

The classic position for holding a steering wheel is a 9-3 position. Jean Alesi frequently used to hold his steering wheel at a 10-2 position and sometimes even what looked more like an 11-1 position. So I'm not talking about driving styles but are there any other drivers with idiosyncratic driving positions? I know it depends on the shape of the wheel too but I'd be curious to know.

9. Dotini

Dotini Premium

Archie Scott Brown drove with his hand at 9 and his stump at 4.