Motul Autech GTR on Tokyo track

• Thread starter bladecerco
  • 61 comments
I like the way it bounces of the wall at colission in that curve before main straight. This looks far more real than ever.
True, that's the most criticised aspect of the demo(s) on every forum.
If they don't fix it GT5 is screwed in terms of realism.

I'll reserve my judgment on the sound but other than that it's great to see the cockpit of this car and it looks top notch.

Shame the driver was using TCS though...

I really hope I can change the distance where the camera is placed in cockpit view. No doubt cockpit view is the most realistic view to race in. I just think you miss a lot of the great looking track because the windshield is so small, when i drive irl it fells like i`m way closer and have a much better view out the windshield.

I would like to see this view, where you don`t have the seeling of the car to take up 30 % of the screen
granturismo5_193863b.jpg

Anybody agree with me on this?

I really look forward to the game, and i`m sure it`s gonna be the best racing game ever:)

Last edited:
Dont forget that the game simulates your peripheral vision too, if the position would be closer to the windscreen, you couldnt really see more.

I really hope I can change the distance where the camera is placed in cockpit view. No doubt cockpit view is the most realistic view to race in. I just think you miss a lot of the great looking track because the windshield is so small, when i drive irl it fells like i`m way closer and have a much better view out the windshield.

I would like to see this view, where you don`t have the seeling of the car to take up 30 % of the screen
granturismo5_193863b.jpg

Anybody agree with me on this?

I really look forward to the game, and i`m sure it`s gonna be the best racing game ever:)

I know a lot of people are wetting their pants over cockpit view but I just don't get it. I already have a real pair of hands, holding a G25, in the foreground between myself and the track. How is adding another one making the simulation more realistic?

I know a lot of people are wetting their pants over cockpit view but I just don't get it. I already have a real pair of hands, holding a G25, in the foreground between myself and the track. How is adding another one making the simulation more realistic?

Easy, you drive the car from the inside like you normaly would, not siting on the bumper:dunce:

The view where your hands are invisible from view in the cockpit is just as unrealistic as if there was a wheel there. At least, when I'm sitting in my Playseat, I can't even see my wheel, whereas when I'm really driving, I can still see it at the bottom of the view. And you're not supposed to look at the wheel on the screen anyway, you're supposed to be looking out of the windshield.

But back to the video. I'm personally disappointed. The sound was severely lacking the "oomph" that I expect and the variation. The shifting animation was just pathetic. If you watch videos in real life, they shift faster than you can say "hi." This is one place where PD's "predict-a-shift" system really fails. It works fine on sticks and paddles, but sequentials are a weak spot. And the cockpit isn't really anything special, but that might just be me having been playing Forza 3. And the "collision" with the wall? What, PD?!?

Of course, I'll still be getting GT5 and play the crap outta it, but I'm not seeing anything special here.

For wheel users the extra wheel isnt really more realistic, having an a-pillar and dashboard in your view is. The best would be if you could switch off the in-game wheel.

It's a shame that the brake pedals didn't let go completely when you're driving on full throttle.... :ouch:

That happened to a friend of mine too. I think it's because those demo rigs get so much abuse, the brake sometimes sticks when they get dirty. And I am guessing that everybody that uses them keep thier shoes on.

:confused::confused::confused:

I think it sound like GTHD Celica!!! :scared::dunce:

Sound is again totally off, maybe some distorted R4 of totally another car but I like the way it bounces of the wall at colission in that curve before main straight. This looks far more real than ever.

Sound... yes, it's a crap quality video, but, you CAN concentrate in the car sound, just watching rev display and pay attention to what is the noise of that car you are watching. For me it's not difficult, and I bet that is the Celica sound used in GTHD.

Is the shifting animation crap or what!? And what's with the sound!? :scared:

Yes... it is. I think it's toooooo slow. But I don't want to comment that. I'm full of **** for today. GOWIII lies and now GT5 whenever it comes... 2010 is not starting good 👎

:crazy:

Whinge Whinge Whinge, why is everyone always no negative???

Because GT is in it's 5th full iteration (with a couple more lesser games) and they still don't get stuff that they should have down-packed right.

Because GT is in it's 5th full iteration (with a couple more lesser games) and they still don't get stuff that they should have down-packed right.

Since they got to have something to work for another GT's im ok with it ;)

I get a better feel with the car from the cockpit view, no doubt. You have a much better view of how close you are to the sides ect. Would just like to sit a littel closer to the windscreen so i don't miss out on the beautiful graphics. Would be cool if you had to use the PlayStation eye to turn you head, when you want to see the side mirror.

I'm hoping they will have a collision detection algorithm for the driver's hands... going through the wheel like that is embarrassing. Exaggerated animation like on the 458 italia I can live with but going through the wheel is too much.

I am so disappointed with the sound... look at the real gt500 video... when the engine revs up is.... WOW!!!! And in game... it's a vaccum cleaner, with a slightly different tone from car to car... gear switching hasn't got a particular sound, that's why gt sound sucks.
When you shift gears, it only changes the rev tonality... there is no particular sound letting you know that you are driving a powerful and aggressive thing like a racing car.
just a vacuum cleaner

sound is what, by now, sucks so much in gt. The rest of the game is perfect, we'll see the online mode but I trust in Kazunori san

Great cockpit footage.. WHy did the driver did not look left and right? as well back? I wonder how cockpit looks.

Whinge Whinge Whinge, why is everyone always no negative???
The irony in posts whining about people whining never ceases to amaze me... If you do not like what you are reading in a thread, just move on. If you must post, don't do it in a way that contradicts the very message you are trying to portray.

I am so disappointed with the sound... look at the real gt500 video... when the engine revs up is.... WOW!!!! And in game... it's a vaccum cleaner, with a slightly different tone from car to car... gear switching hasn't got a particular sound, that's why gt sound sucks.
When you shift gears, it only changes the rev tonality... there is no particular sound letting you know that you are driving a powerful and aggressive thing like a racing car.
just a vacuum cleaner

sound is what, by now, sucks so much in gt. The rest of the game is perfect, we'll see the online mode but I trust in Kazunori san

Try some headphones, make it loud, and then you will hear that the sound is all but ok!

I think this so called sound problem is this. In the real video of the GT500 GT-R, all footage was taken from a spectator stand point of sound as the car passed by. In GT, it was an onboard stand point of the sound so you always stayed the same distance from the engine sound. This can have an effect on how you hear it.

But I would blame most, if not all, the poor sound quality on the camera. Because no matter how hard you listen, the camera's speaker can only pick up so much.

I think this so called sound problem is this. In the real video of the GT500 GT-R, all footage was taken from a spectator stand point of sound as the car passed by. In GT, it was an onboard stand point of the sound so you always stayed the same distance from the engine sound. This can have an effect on how you hear it.

But I would blame most, if not all, the poor sound quality on the camera. Because no matter how hard you listen, the camera's speaker can only pick up so much.

The sound itself isn't too bad, but the fact that it's so clean and unaffected makes it seem unnatural. PD seems to have the problem of recording engines revving while they're standing still from what I've heard, which gives good, clean sound, but not the same type that would appear when the engine is under load.

Just happen to observe you were trying to power over-steer near the end there, but you had left traction control to 5. Thanks for the vid never-the-less.👍

I won't even attempt to make a judgement on the sound given backround noise and chatter going on. Can you tell us a little more about how the car felt, force feedback etc.?

the force feedback felt like the new GT5 physics demo on the G25, very sensitive, but accurate. the car felt very responsive from the in car view, very little wheel slip. It wasn't until I swapped out to the chase cam that it felt super weird, hence the brakes being on most of the time.
Thanks for all the comments. I will be posting up the other video of the Amuse NISMO 380RS. also with bad driving (although this time its my friend driving)

also, the sound on those TV's were set relatively low, and CES is a VERY loud place! I could barely hear to shift sitting in that seat...

Back