DeLorean DMC-12
Batmobiles
A-Team GMC
Miami Vice Ferrari Testarossa
Herbie the Love Bug
General Lee
Italian Job Mini Cooper
The Graduate Alfa Romeo

I've done some thinking about this, and there are two ways to go about it...

1) You put the props into a standard GT game.. that means your Batmobiles will do about thirty MPH (except the Tumbler, that mother's fast), your General Lee is an automatic, etc. They'd be novelty cars, really.

or

2) You make a separate game.. maybe a $20 title or something.. "GT Hollywood". The cars would then be "real".. Your Batmobiles would all be 150mph+ monsters, etc.

The problem is that there aren't that many cars out there, really.. Probably just a few dozen truly unique vehicles from various movies that aren't just "normal" cars.

But, here's a few that I thought of, in addition to the ones you already listed:

KITT
THX-1138 police car (which wouldn't be much of a stretch.. the base car is already in GT4)
Eleanor (Gone in 60 Seconds)

And probably a few others that I can't think of. :)

Eleanor is just a GT500 from the Shelby Corp. You can buy the same car from the factory with nitrous and all. But I think movie cars would be a nice little addition, just something to screw around with. They would be like the Nike car.

My additions
- Bullitt Mustang and Charger
- The James Bond cars (no weapons)
- American Graffti cars

Actually that would be quite so bad considering the stuff they put into the car. It would look stupid but I would wager it would be fast....I mean come on they claimed ten seconds :D.

Yeah, I was kinda just messing around. But if they do have a Hollywood GT or whatever, I'm pretty sure a car from those movies would get in.

Jedi2016
2) You make a separate game.. maybe a $20 title or something.. "GT Hollywood". The cars would then be "real".. Your Batmobiles would all be 150mph+ monsters, etc.
This is a really really good idea.
If 700 cars and a game engine makes a profit at 50$ a pop, 50 cars and the same game engine would totally be worth their effort for a 20$ game. Even factoring in the increased difficulty of programming in freakish things like batmobiles, and the (probably) smaller amout of people willing to buy it.

I'd like to add a bunch of James Bond cars...

The "Stealth| Aston Martin, the submarine Lotus Esprit... etc... but the Esprit should come with fish flopping on the roof.

And Austin Power's dad's (Nigel Powers) Submarine Mini.

Then you'd have obstacles that cars could fly over (Chitty Chitty and the last Batmobile), roll through (Tim Burton's batmobile), or dive under (spy cars..)

Wouldn't be GT, but it would be nice...

How about seeing more show cars, especially some of the most poplar cars from like hot rod magazine or street rod or variuos other car magazines. Even if the car can not be found today, they could replicate the specs and paint etc.

greenlightning
How about seeing more show cars, especially some of the most poplar cars from like hot rod magazine or street rod or variuos other car magazines. Even if the car can not be found today, they could replicate the specs and paint etc.

Another ideal, to generate even more poplarity ( perhaps ) or publicity. Maybe give companies a chance to have a vehicle with their logo or paint scheme included. Say company "X" pays the makers of GT, X dollars to have car with their company logos included in the game. Just an ideal, that could be added to the bottom of very long list of ideals for GT5 etc.

greenlightning
Another ideal, to generate even more poplarity ( perhaps ) or publicity. Maybe give companies a chance to have a vehicle with their logo or paint scheme included. Say company "X" pays the makers of GT, X dollars to have car with their company logos included in the game. Just an ideal, that could be added to the bottom of very long list of ideals for GT5 etc.

Both good ideas.

In fact, I'm puzzled as to why, if they did include tuner cars, they didn't include the likes of the Veilside Skyline (ohhh... i know, too many Skylines...) or the Top Secret cars. It would be nice to see cars from more Stateside and European tuners, too.

Batmobiles? Herbi? Are you normal? :dunce:
And the 2f&2f kind of rice crap, leave it, the NSF underground seies, it has more use of it :crazy:

Back