Movie Quotes with a twist

  • Thread starter Thread starter TB
  • 190 comments
  • 9,399 views
Solid Lifters
I think I finally remember it, is Tom Hanks movie, Joe Versus The Volcano? I think he was chatting with his limo driver, the old black guy who he buys a tuxedo for.

Very nice, Solid Lifters. 👍 Your turn.
 
"By the powers invested in me by this parish, I hereby do commandeer this vehicle and all those persons within. [spits] And that means you, smartass."
 
Cue the James Bond theme (or Guns 'N' Roses)...it's Live and Let Die!!

Well, I KNOW I'm right, so here's my quote:

"You...you look like your face fell in the cheese dip back in 1956!"
 
Anderton
"You...you look like your face fell in the cheese dip back in 1956!"

They Live, a dumb John Carpenter movie in a long, notorious line of dumb John Carpenter movies. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper stars as a construction worker who finds a pair of sunglasses that let him see "the real world", a world in which we're ruled by aliens.

Sounds a lot like The Matrix, come to think of it... I never really liked The Matrix either. :D



Anywho, next one:

"Anything is peaceful from one-thousand three-hundred and fifty three-feet."
 
Firebird
They Live, a dumb John Carpenter movie in a long, notorious line of dumb John Carpenter movies. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper stars as a construction worker who finds a pair of sunglasses that let him see "the real world", a world in which we're ruled by aliens.
I love that flick. I love how that Timmy-Jimmy fight scene in that one South Park episode was a complete remake, move for move, of the fignt scene Rowdy had with that black guy in the alley. Funny stuff!

"Anything is peaceful from one-thousand three-hundred and fifty three-feet."

Cameron - "I think I see my dad!"

Ferris Buellers Day Off. I've seen it so many times, I almost have the entire movie memorized.

New one;

"Oh, JW, I just have to get me on of those cute baby elephants!"

"Elephants? Them's Demorcrats, Maybel!"
 
Firebird
They Live, a dumb John Carpenter movie in a long, notorious line of dumb John Carpenter movies. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper stars as a construction worker who finds a pair of sunglasses that let him see "the real world", a world in which we're ruled by aliens.
Well, a lot of people like that movie where I come from. It's not hard to appreciate vintage Carpenter for exactly what it is: cheesy and awful, but in a good way. Assault on Precinct 13, Big Trouble in Little China, Escape From New York, and They Live are perfect examples. And let's not forget Carpenter's EXCELLENT remake of The Thing, as well as acknowledging the fact that he brought us Halloween and virtually started the slasher film craze. John Carpenter writes, directs, and even composes and performs much of his own music for his films. He's one of the hardest working directors in Hollywood, and I consider him to be the farthest thing from a "sellout".
Nowadays, he has been completely overlooked, and has been condemned to create garbage like Ghosts of Mars. No one talks about my John Carpenter like that and gets away with it. The man has contributed a lot to the movie industry.

Solid Lifters
I love that flick. I love how that Timmy-Jimmy fight scene in that one South Park episode was a complete remake, move for move, of the fignt scene Rowdy had with that black guy in the alley. Funny stuff!
The "alley rumble" between Roddy Piper and Keith David is one of the classic movie fights of all time. In fact, there was a DVD that came out called "Classic Fights of the Movies" or something, and that was on there. It just keeps on going and going, almost as though the two actors are ad-libbing (but with kicks and punches and body slams). My favourite part is when Piper smashes the window of David's car, and David says, "You dirty mother****er!" So good. And it all erupts over Piper wanting David to just try on the G-D glasses!
 
Actually, one of my favorite quotes from Rowdy Roddy is from some movie that I can't remember the name of: "I came to kick ass and chew Bubble gum. And, I'm all out of bubble gum!!"

But as for guessable quotes:

"Pain heals.
Chicks did scars.
Glory lasts forever."

It's pretty easy.
 
Actually, no.
It's a bit more humourous than GI60S.
 
Well, since that is a famous saying and appears in lots of places / contexts, I can't figure it out. But by the way, the Rowdy Roddy Piper quote you love so much is also from John Carpenter's They Live.
 
My quote is from the last game in The Replacements.
 
Back