Movie Quotes with a twist

  • Thread starter Thread starter TB
  • 190 comments
  • 9,412 views
Ghostbusters.

"Who were you expecting? Santa Claus?" (sort of slurred together).
 
Tsk Tsk, Famine, you should know better than to quote Alien: Resurrection after saying Event Horizon was crap. The two movies share more than their two-word title-ness.

Anyway, here's another:

"Sonofab*tch is dug in like an Alabama tic!"
 
I like Alien: Resurrection. It's not exactly Chaucer, but neither is South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut and I like that too. Vreiss is great. I kept wishing Call would die though. And Raymond "I'm always a soldier in any film I'm ever in" Cruz was in it. As a soldier. And Brad Dourif. And Ron Perlman, Michael Wincott and Dan Hedaya.

Beats "I'll rip my own eyes out" cack with Lawrence frickin' Fishburne.
 
Ron Perlman was the best part of Alien: Resurrection. That's whay he was Hellboy, because he rocks. And because he's huge. And because he looks like Cro-Magnon Man.

I went to see it in theatres, but personally I had a better time watching AVP.
 
He IS Cro-Magnon man... :D

You know, I can see your quote being said. But for the life of me I can't think what film it is...
 
Famine
You know, I can see your quote being said. But for the life of me I can't think what film it is...

Tsk tsk Famine. It's Predator.

Blaine says it towards the end of the battle at the rebel camp. The two lines following it are far more memorable:

Poncho: You're bleeding man.

Blaine: I ain't got time to bleed.

:D


Next one:

Maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked pal!
 
Aliens.

From the same actor, "You're stewed, buttwad!"
 
^I'll second that. Your go Anderton.
 
Yes, it was clearly Weird Science. So, go.
 
Sorry, wasn't trying to piss you off, I just wanted to play. Here goes:

"They invade our space, and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds, and we fall back. But not again. The line must be drawn HERE!"
 
Yes it is Star Trek.

No offense everyone, but if you are going to post a response, please try to keep the thread going. :)
 
" .....hah, thats funny, my name is Roger too...well two Rogers don't make a right HAH HAH HAH "
 
TwinTurboJay
" .....hah, thats funny, my name is Roger too...well two Rogers don't make a right HAH HAH HAH "

Gone in 60 Seconds

"I killed a mirror. And my shower door."
 
TB
Yes it is Star Trek.

No offense everyone, but if you are going to post a response, please try to keep the thread going. :)
You just need a little patience. You can't guess and then go right away because you don't know if you guessed right. You need to give the person who originally gave the quote a chance to confirm the guess. You can't just keep it going because you're on RIGHT NOW and the game is on pause...!
 
Anderton
You just need a little patience....

I wasn't out to piss anyone off. I just thought that instead of guessing the movie, you (not you as in YOU but you as in WE) could either look it up, think about it or wait for someone else to post the answer. If this has upset anyone, then please accept my apologies and I will wait longer between replies. Thank you for your time.

No this is not the next quote. :)
 
TB
I wasn't out to piss anyone off. I just thought that instead of guessing the movie, you (not you as in YOU but you as in WE) could either look it up, think about it or wait for someone else to post the answer. If this has upset anyone, then please accept my apologies and I will wait longer between replies. Thank you for your time.

No this is not the next quote. :)
I'm not trying to start an argument or get anyone mad either. I think the rule should be if you are going to post a quote, you should check back at least within 6 hours or so to see if anyone's guessed or not. When these threads slow down like this, people tend to come less often to check things out.

But if people are going to look up the quote instead of guessing then the thread is going to get boring and people will only be cheating themselves...
 
so....whats the last quote that was left of on?
 
Anderton
I think the rule should be if you are going to post a quote, you should check back at least within 6 hours or so to see if anyone's guessed or not.

Sound good to me. 👍

TwinTurboJay
Secret Window ?

You are correct.
 
Since it's been six hours...

"...this is a guy who will drink a gallon of gasoline and p*ss in your campfire."
 
Gil
Since it's been six hours...

"...this is a guy who will drink a gallon of gasoline and p*ss in your campfire."
Raising Arizona?
 
ok, six hour rule...

"I always knew you were crazy, but now I can see your nuts ! "
 
I was only suggesting 6 hours as a suitable time period...it seems to be a little short, so does someone else have an idea? Maybe 12 hours is better?

Anyway, the answer is Austin Powers in Goldmember. Athankyou.

"I want you to lay down a suppressing fire with the incinerators and fall back by squadrons to the APC."
 
I think is should be obvious that if someone posts a reply at 10:15 pm they are not too likely to have a reply up in 6 hours. Therefore the 6 hour rule will not apply. However, if the reply is posted at 10:15 am, chances are pretty good. Compound this with the fact that we are all scattered in different time zones and we have a problem.

What is the solution? I don't have a good one, but I can say this: Use your head. Look at the post time. Then make the call.

Any thoughts?
 
Sure, that's good advice. I mean, sometimes threads like this go cold for days, or someone guesses and the person who posted the quote can't be bothered to check back. Therefore, forget a time-duration rule. Instead, if you're going to post a quote, have the courtesy to check back, at the very least within 12 hours of when you posted, or someone will go ahead and bypass you altogether.

That said, has no one been able to guess the quote I put forth yet?
 
Solid Lifters
Raising Arizona?
actually it's from "On Deadly Ground" with Steven Seagal.
 
Anderton
"I want you to lay down a suppressing fire with the incinerators and fall back by squadrons to the APC."

I gotcha - Aliens
 
Back