MR Corvette C8 - General Discussion

• Thread starter R1600Turbo
  • 1,271 comments
Australia
Australia
I thought it was I fly too, until I saw the one on the street. Might look alright with all panels in one Color. The right Color.

Last edited:
United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey, USA
Wow, this is just ghastly. Far too much yellow, nothing to contrast it.

1674075155664.png

Last edited:
What confuses me is that the coupe has a removable roof, so why have a convertible version?
You've got it backwards. With how much of a joke the solution GM came up with for storing the roof of the coupe when it is off is, why would you buy a coupe unless you're a tightwad?

Keef

Premium
United States
Dayton, OH
GTP_KeefRacer
GTP Keef
Speaking of the Corvette, here's a thread about it! Wow.

Here's another video of the C8 GT3-R during the Sebring test a month ago, this time being benchmarked against the GTE car which is still racing this year. The two cars sound different with the GT3 car having a slightly higher pitched exhaust. I'm not sure what in the rules would cause this. Speed difference seems negligible but it also seems like the GTE car catches up over the course of several laps.

We can also see (and hear) the Garage 56 NASCAR testing. It looks to have slower corner speeds than the GT cars but noticably quicker acceleration. And what a considerably noise coming out of that thing, damn. It'll be amazing at Le Mans.

Here's Jordan Taylor himself breaking down some of the action.

God bless GM for continuing to develop their V8.

Last edited:
United States
Marin County
Wonder how many lumens those headlights are pumping out. I find it mildly humorous that the race car replaces the "because race car" vents on either side of the central grill with something more useful for endurance racing. Looks cool too.

Last edited:
Antarctica
TRAPPIST-1g
ProjectWHaT
Wonder how many lumens those headlights are pumping out. I find it mildly humorous that the race car replaces the "because race car" vents on either side of the central grill with something more useful for endurance racing. Looks cool too.
I thought this was funny too so I decided to look into it. It seems like the front radiators are for the AC condenser (source from corvette forums) and on the C8.R, and I assume the same for the new GT3, all the radiators are moved to the frunk, which isn't needed for the race car (source from motorsport.com).

Changes from the road-going version of the C8 include the R-model using the front storage compartment to contain a single centrally-mounted radiator, while extra-bright headlights are situated where the production car’s radiators are located.

So the vents aren't "because race car" but "because road car" and a trunk for groceries is more important

United States
Marin County
I thought this was funny too so I decided to look into it. It seems like the front radiators are for the AC condenser (source from corvette forums) and on the C8.R, and I assume the same for the new GT3, all the radiators are moved to the frunk, which isn't needed for the race car (source from motorsport.com).

So the vents aren't "because race car" but "because road car" and a trunk for groceries is more important
This is by far the best looking C8 I've seen. Wish they would translate more of this onto the road car somehow.