MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
No, just that you're giving up so easily. I know it sucks, but it's just a game. Keep playing it, just at an even more casual level than before. Hop on when you get a chance and do a Sport Mode race or two. Get enough time in for a daily mileage prize, and *gasp* spend real money on some cars you really want just to rebuild a small collection of essentials. Sure, the multi-million dollar cars are gonna be gone but c'mon were you ever gonna use those in a serious race online when not many people have them? Get the cars you'll actually use and try to be satisfied with that for the time being. You spent so much money on a rig so recently. It's a shame to give up on it so soon.

Again I don't understand why people think I should just ignore this serious problem within the game and think I should keep on playing as if nothing ever happened.
What happened is completely unacceptable and this is a major problem that should not happen to anyone.

I cannot control what other people decide to do with their time but as long as people continue to keep playing this game after losing massive amounts of content then that's on them. But don't ever expect things to change when the message your sending PD is that wasting people time and progress is perfectly acceptable.
That's the #1 reason its still happening to people and the company could care less about taking care of their customers.
I have no tolerance for bad business.

Your right its just a game and there are thousands of games out on the market to choose from.
I will find something else to play.

Again I don't understand why people think I should just ignore this serious problem within the game and think I should keep on playing as if nothing ever happened.
What happened is completely unacceptable and this is a major problem that should not happen to anyone.

I cannot control what other people decide to do with their time but as long as people continue to keep playing this game after losing massive amounts of content then that's on them. But don't ever expect things to change when the message your sending PD is that wasting people time and progress is perfectly acceptable.
That's the #1 reason its still happening to people and the company could care less about taking care of their customers.
I have no tolerance for bad business.

Your right its just a game and there are thousands of games out on the market to choose from.
I will find something else to play.
Did I not mention when my first PS3 died it took my hard drive with it. I lost all of my hard work for every single game I owned and played. That happened during the GT5 era. I still haven't recovered everything.

So you know this can happen again with any video game that requires saving. It has nothing to do with the online saving. You save is most vulnerable when data is being added to it. When you're game saves you are at risk of corrupted data. If the saving process is interpreted for any reason it can lead to a corrupted game. This could happen with any of the competing racing franchises. Or any other game for that matter. Your not going get away from the risk. Good luck.

Like I said PD is nowhere near the worst video game developers. Not even close. They actually fix their mistakes much quicker than anyone else does.

Oh, I guess I warn you then. There's always a possibility your hard drive can become corrupted anytime for any game or system updates. This means you lose all your game saves. This could from stupidity shutoff the system yourself, a power outage, to even you internet getting disconnected.

I'm not telling you to ignore it. I'm telling to move past it. Or don't. I don't care.

I think I've made my intentions very clear before you ever made a post on the issue. I'm moving past it right on to another game.

Did I not mention when my first PS3 died it took my hard drive with it. I lost all of my hard work for every single game I owned and played. That happened during the GT5 era. I still haven't recovered everything.

I've lost three PS3 consoles over the year's including the one I first played GT6 on. I always kept my saved data on a flash drive so I lost nothing. Redundancy was the key to saving my ****.

To @micantony

Since I just quit on trying to get Rinsky not to quit.

You said you're willing host to the next race and or races. Next race is in less than 2 weeks are you sure you're up to it? If you are. Your going to need to friend request everyone. Rinsky does not have our PSN ID posted on the main page. So you will have ask them. My PSN is TheColdWarriors.

If you're not. I have been with series since the 1st race and I have past experience running leagues. I also have no life. So I have more than enough time to do so.

So back to the race at hand, has anyone run laps at BB yet? I was running some offline in TT mode, I can only run as fast as a 29.5. I guess I have never noticed but you cannot change brake balance on oval tracks.

Sorry to hear about that Rinsky, so close after buying a rig and actualy seing you being better with it

Go on and buy Wreckfest to blow up some steam (i know i might too)

Good luck, it was nice to share track with you

Yeah I really enjoying racing against everyone and I was just starting to get good enough to maybe run with you guys up front at some location.

Wreckfest looks fun I've been checking it out.
Also the new Call of Duty Modern warfare comes out in 59 days or I can get early access Sept 12th buy buying the $99 dollar bundle.

I use to play Call of Duty all the time and it was the only game I played for years so getting back into it again will be fun.

I'm playing the remastered Modern Warfare now and getting warmed up.

Selling your rig will be a mistake, you still enjoy racing games so you’ll get more use out of it, and the T-GT should be compatible with PS5 as well.

I know I won't buy another racing game on the PS4 so my rig won't get used again until the PS5 maybe. It's getting harder and harder for me to play anymore anyway the older my kids get.
Right now my rig will just sit in a closet and collect dust for the next few years so might as well sell it.
If and when GT7 comes out on the PS5 I will look into it again. Only if i have control over my saves in GT7. If there is the risk of losing content and progress like GTS then I will walk away and never look back. If not then I'm sure there will be a new wheel and setup out for GT7.

Project Cars 2 or Assetto Corsa for your fix? Every car and track is available to you from the moment you start the game. Every time lol

And they are a better use of your wheel than GT Sport considering the better physics and FFB they both have

So back to the race at hand, has anyone run laps at BB yet? I was running some offline in TT mode, I can only run as fast as a 29.5. I guess I have never noticed but you cannot change brake balance on oval tracks.
Yes I have. I already have a pit strategy in mind.

Even with tuning allowed you can't adjust anything besides TCS with Oval BOP.

Yeah I really enjoying racing against everyone and I was just starting to get good enough to maybe run with you guys up front at some location.

Wreckfest looks fun I've been checking it out.
Also the new Call of Duty Modern warfare comes out in 59 days or I can get early access Sept 12th buy buying the $99 dollar bundle.

I use to play Call of Duty all the time and it was the only game I played for years so getting back into it again will be fun.

I'm playing the remastered Modern Warfare now and getting warmed up.

I know I won't buy another racing game on the PS4 so my rig won't get used again until the PS5 maybe. It's getting harder and harder for me to play anymore anyway the older my kids get.
Right now my rig will just sit in a closet and collect dust for the next few years so might as well sell it.
If and when GT7 comes out on the PS5 I will look into it again. Only if i have control over my saves in GT7. If there is the risk of losing content and progress like GTS then I will walk away and never look back. If not then I'm sure there will be a new wheel and setup out for GT7.
Try Project Car 2 my brother plays it a lot. Everything is available from the start. It also has a better car classing system than GTS. They even make it easy to run multiple classes together. I may try it myself one day. I'm just focused on GTS at the moment.

Plus one day your kids might take interest in racing.

Have you heard from @micantony since he offered to host? If he is hosting he needs to friend everyone on PSN. I don't think he is on my friend's list I look for him.

I currently have.
@fastone371
@GTP_Guido
@Infineon
@Racer283 who is PSN racer2833. His GTP is incorrect on your list.

Last edited:
Project Cars 2 or Assetto Corsa for your fix? Every car and track is available to you from the moment you start the game. Every time lol

And they are a better use of your wheel than GT Sport considering the better physics and FFB they both have

Try Project Car 2 my brother plays it a lot. Everything is available from the start. It also has a better car classing system than GTS. They even make it easy to run multiple classes together. I may try it myself one day. I'm just focused on GTS at the moment.

Plus one day your kids might take interest in racing.

Have you heard from @micantony since he offered to host? If he is hosting he needs to friend everyone on PSN. I don't think he is on my friend's list I look for him.

I currently have.
@fastone371
@GTP_Guido
@Infineon
@Racer283 who is PSN racer2833. His GTP is incorrect on your list.

Both of you asked so I will answer. Neither Project Cars 2 or Assetto Corsa interest me at all. I've been a Gran Turismo player since the very beginning when it came out on PS1.
Having all the tracks and cars available from the beginning is not a selling point for me. I actually enjoy grinding to Acquire my content. I've done it for years and car collecting is something I enjoy. I also enjoy road cars over race cars and GT has always been the outstanding leader when it comes to road cars /street cars.

Online play is not my main game play. Single player game play is what I do at least 95% of the time in any GT game. Yes I do race online obviously but I'm very selective about what and who I race online and that way I only had 3 groups I raced with on GTS.
So I played until I owned every car in the game until recently because I used everyone of them offline.

I only play a handful of games anyway so for me to just up and leave a title that has been a huge part of my gaming over the years should tell you I'm not playing around and if this is how things are going to continue on into GT7 then I will walk away from this Series forever.

Call of Duty is another huge title I've always played and it just so happens the new one is set to be released in a month. Good timing I say because this will definitely fill the GTS void for my game play.

So unless PD has a change of heart and let's me load in my saved game data I will not be back anytime soon. That the only way I'm picking back up any racing game for now.

No I have not talked to @micantony since he last posted so I have no clue what's going on with that.

Both of you asked so I will answer. Neither Project Cars 2 or Assetto Corsa interest me at all. I've been a Gran Turismo player since the very beginning when it came out on PS1.
Having all the tracks and cars available from the beginning is not a selling point for me. I actually enjoy grinding to Acquire my content. I've done it for years and car collecting is something I enjoy. I also enjoy road cars over race cars and GT has always been the outstanding leader when it comes to road cars /street cars.

Online play is not my main game play. Single player game play is what I do at least 95% of the time in any GT game. Yes I do race online obviously but I'm very selective about what and who I race online and that way I only had 3 groups I raced with on GTS.
So I played until I owned every car in the game until recently because I used everyone of them offline.

I only play a handful of games anyway so for me to just up and leave a title that has been a huge part of my gaming over the years should tell you I'm not playing around and if this is how things are going to continue on into GT7 then I will walk away from this Series forever.

Call of Duty is another huge title I've always played and it just so happens the new one is set to be released in a month. Good timing I say because this will definitely fill the GTS void for my game play.

So unless PD has a change of heart and let's me load in my saved game data I will not be back anytime soon. That the only way I'm picking back up any racing game for now.

No I have not talked to @micantony since he last posted so I have no clue what's going on with that.
You play Call Of Duty but, you prefer single player games. What are you joking? There are better single shooters than Call Of Duty.

I'm sorry to say but, Gran Turismo single player hasn't been that great since GT4. They have been focusing on online play more and more.

I can't say for Assetto Corsa but, Project Cars 2 does have career mode and single player mode. My brother plays single player more than the online features. It also has a collection of road cars with a good collection of today's high performance cars. Along with modern and historic race cars. Even off road racing something that's slowly disappearing in Gran Turismo. And a great collection of real world tracks.

You don't like the way Gran Turismo is being managed but, you refuse to try something else.

If that really sounds that's terrible then keep an eye on PS Plus free games. Sometimes you pick up a gem of a racing game free of charge. And if you don't like it. Well then just delete no harm to you.

Why sell your gear you just bought a few months ago. Who does that?

Last edited:

As for @micantony. I take over if he's not up to it or you don't here from him soon. We have 9 days until the next race.

I finally took the time to figure how to change my avatar. Since almost everyone else's is probably racing based. Don't know why that would be. I went with a picture of squirrel eating a Twizzler on a some street.

Last edited:
You play Call Of Duty but, you prefer single player games. What are you joking? There are better single shooters than Call Of Duty.

I'm sorry to say but, Gran Turismo single player hasn't been that great since GT4. They have been focusing on online play more and more.

I can't say for Assetto Corsa but, Project Cars 2 does have career mode and single player mode. My brother plays single player more than the online features. It also has a collection of road cars with a good collection of today's high performance cars. Along with modern and historic race cars. Even off road racing something that's slowly disappearing in Gran Turismo. And a great collection of real world tracks.

You don't like the way Gran Turismo is being managed but, you refuse to try something else.

If that really sounds that's terrible then keep an eye on PS Plus free games. Sometimes you pick up a gem of a racing game free of charge. And if you don't like it. Well then just delete no harm to you.

Why sell your gear you just bought a few months ago. Who does that?

I like Call of Duty and I never said I don't like online shooter games. It's a matter of opinion but to me nothing beats Call of Duty.. nothing and I'm definitely not the only one who feels that way because it's the #1 selling game of all time.

I only prefer playing GT in single player Mode plus this is what it takes if you want all the cars in the game.
I have just spent the past 4 hours on the phone with Sony trying to fix this problem. Nothing they have told me to try has worked. I have deleted GTS and now I'm reinstalling it and trying a few tips they gave me. If this doesn't work then all my data is lost for good and it's at this point I will be 100% done with GTS.

This game is nothing more than a hobby and once I'm done with a hobby I sell all my stuff and move on to my next hobby.
I raced RC cars Professionally for years then one day decided to fly RC airplanes so I sold all my RC car stuff and got into flying.
Then I decided to get back into motorcycle's again and stop flying so I sold over 50k worth of RC planes and bought me another motorcycle.

My point is I change hobbies quite often and I will sell everything Associated with that hobby when I do no matter how long I've owned it. So I can get $500 for my entire setup right now or just let it sit in my house collecting dust until it's so outdated it's not worth anything. I prefer the money.

Sounds like you have a very fleeting personality. As long as you are financially responsible with it then I see no problem. It certainly threw me off though because I'm not used to people like that. Of course, to each their own... yada yada yada...

Edit: Joke: Good thing you don't feel that way about women! :lol: Okay I'm done.

I like Call of Duty and I never said I don't like online shooter games. It's a matter of opinion but to me nothing beats Call of Duty.. nothing and I'm definitely not the only one who feels that way because it's the #1 selling game of all time.

I only prefer playing GT in single player Mode plus this is what it takes if you want all the cars in the game.
I have just spent the past 4 hours on the phone with Sony trying to fix this problem. Nothing they have told me to try has worked. I have deleted GTS and now I'm reinstalling it and trying a few tips they gave me. If this doesn't work then all my data is lost for good and it's at this point I will be 100% done with GTS.

This game is nothing more than a hobby and once I'm done with a hobby I sell all my stuff and move on to my next hobby.
I raced RC cars Professionally for years then one day decided to fly RC airplanes so I sold all my RC car stuff and got into flying.
Then I decided to get back into motorcycle's again and stop flying so I sold over 50k worth of RC planes and bought me another motorcycle.

My point is I change hobbies quite often and I will sell everything Associated with that hobby when I do no matter how long I've owned it. So I can get $500 for my entire setup right now or just let it sit in my house collecting dust until it's so outdated it's not worth anything. I prefer the money.
So your hobbiest and not a true racing fan. A true racing fan would at least try another franchise.

And Call Of Duty was popular for it's online play. Not necessarily it's single player.

I recommend these for PS4
*Grand Theft Auto V PS4 Edition
While known for it's online. It also does have a great single player mode and story. There is also cars, bikes, boats, planes and racing in the game allowing you to still get that fill.
*Borderlands Remastered
A post apocalyptic shooter. The story and side quests give you lots to do. Has a good single player mode. Which a great online or offline Co-OP. The game also has combat vehicles. Borderlands 3 on the way.
*Red Dead Redemption 2
A well done old west shooter. Really really great story. You can ride horses and drive carriages.
Bioshock Remastered
3 games for 1 special. A shooter horror franchise. Unique game play. Harder difficulties are pretty challenging but, made easier with good strategy. One of my favorites.
*Fallout 4
Post nuclear war RPG shooter. Set in the Boston area. The main story has multiple endings. Not the most creative story line but, lots of extras.
*Uncharted 4
Adventure shooter. Shoot bad guys while looking for famous treasures. Unfortunately the last of this franchise.

Sounds like you have a very fleeting personality. As long as you are financially responsible with it then I see no problem. It certainly threw me off though because I'm not used to people like that. Of course, to each their own... yada yada yada...

Edit: Joke: Good thing you don't feel that way about women! :lol: Okay I'm done.

You know sometimes I lose money if I switch hobbies to fast but sometimes I come out ahead so I guess it balances it's self out over time.
Something else in life will cause me to switch hobbies more so than me just get tired of it and quitting.
I stopped RC racing because of all the traveling and money it cost to race in the RC Pro Series with almost no return on your investment because the overall payouts sucked.

The RC planes was definitely a more relaxed environment but more expensive than the cars. We had to invest in a two & half car hauling trailer just to hold our planes. Then each plane was somewhere in the range of $5000 to $10.000 each completely built and I owned 6 of those giant scale bad boys.

If I could get away with it I probably would switch women out that fast :lol: JK.

IMG_150232799928891.jpeg
FB_IMG_1564746401388.jpg
FB_IMG_1564746413605.jpg
FB_IMG_1463959549711.jpg

Photos really don't do the scale of these planes any Justice.

So your hobbiest and not a true racing fan. A true racing fan would at least try another franchise.

That's true to a point. Now I've owned & raced my own race cars in the past but it's like anything else I get into.
I have never followed any of the racing series that involve the Gr.3 or GR.4 race cars in GT.
Like I said before I play GT for the street cars and not the race cars. The street cars in GTS are so unbalanced that they are almost unraceable so to get any good racing going on in GTS I had to start driving race cars.
So no I'm not some racing fanatic fan and I can live with or without it in a video game.

****ing sucks that this **** had to happen to me just when the game was getting good.
We get rain and then SPA is finally coming one of my favorite all time tracks so of course PD would have to corrupt my data and erase all my **** beforehand.

I still have to reinstall my game and try a few things. The people at sony had me getting into parts of the PS4 I didn't even know were accessible. We will see what happens but it's not looking good.

PD will not help you resolve the issue at all. What a great company 👎👎👎

Back