MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,902 views
If there is still room for another entry in the November race (and December race) I'd like to enter.

PSN is Standard_FV and my car will be the RC F

(I'm sorry if I did something wrong with my reply since I'm a beginner here)
 
If there is still room for another entry in the November race (and December race) I'd like to enter.

PSN is Standard_FV and my car will be the RC F

(I'm sorry if I did something wrong with my reply since I'm a beginner here)

There will be room and I will add you in. However the date for the next race could change as my wife is ready to have a baby anyday now.
 
Hey, sorry I haven't been posting much. I have been busy. I read through the posts so here is my thoughts on it.

Thank you for being back heavy damage. I hope it's to here stay. It brings in a more realistic feel to the races.

As for fuel and tires. Personally don't like adjusting fuel and tires rates to track. It takes away from the personally differents from one track to another.

I think you should keep fuel x3. I tested with x3 fuel at Nurburgring 24h for next year maybe and the cars can make almost 3 Laps on fuel map 1. I think with some fuel saving the cars should make the third lap. So I think we are good on fuel.

I think you should keep at least 2 tire compounds for strategy choice but tires should be adjusted to x3. Last race being x2 for tires some of us were able to make a fuel run with RM. If RM tires can last a fuel run then it becomes pointless to use to lower gripping RH.
 
Hey, sorry I haven't been posting much. I have been busy. I read through the posts so here is my thoughts on it.

Thank you for being back heavy damage. I hope it's to here stay. It brings in a more realistic feel to the races.

As for fuel and tires. Personally don't like adjusting fuel and tires rates to track. It takes away from the personally differents from one track to another.

I think you should keep fuel x3. I tested with x3 fuel at Nurburgring 24h for next year maybe and the cars can make almost 3 Laps on fuel map 1. I think with some fuel saving the cars should make the third lap. So I think we are good on fuel.

I think you should keep at least 2 tire compounds for strategy choice but tires should be adjusted to x3. Last race being x2 for tires some of us were able to make a fuel run with RM. If RM tires can last a fuel run then it becomes pointless to use to lower gripping RH.

I think your getting close to the right Settings and yes heavy damage is back to stay along with standing starts but I'm not sure if I want to keep false starts.
 
I think your getting close to the right Settings and yes heavy damage is back to stay along with standing starts but I'm not sure if I want to keep false starts.
I'm not a big fan of the false starts because it because works well with all controllers setups. Also with ghosts turn off it could lead to a mess. If someone jumps the start and stalls do to the penalty for it.
 
In Testing last night we got 20 laps out of fuel and RH were shot at the end of those 20 laps. I'm thinking tires X2 might be better as it would bring in another compound that could be used. At x3 RM only last about 9 laps. The race should be in the range of 70 laps total.
 
In Testing last night we got 20 laps out of fuel and RH were shot at the end of those 20 laps. I'm thinking tires X2 might be better as it would bring in another compound that could be used. At x3 RM only last about 9 laps. The race should be in the range of 70 laps total.
But how far can make it fuel? Like I said before. If RM can make a fuel run. Then there's no point to use RH.
 
Note that the Big Willow tends to be a tire eater. Long duration turns and high temperatures of the California desert.
 
But how far can make it fuel? Like I said before. If RM can make a fuel run. Then there's no point to use RH.

At X3 no tire compound can make the current fuel run. RH were gone in 20 laps especially the left side. I doubt anyone would risk trying to get 20 laps out of them. At X2 RM still can't make the entire fuel run without some serious time loss. Now RH will last but will need to be changed. It should be interesting as I wasn't seeing a huge advantage running RM over RH. My lap times on both compounds were constantly running in the 1:18 to 1:19 range a lap. I'm sure the faster guys will be around a second faster per lap than those times but pushing any harder really runs the risk of eating sand.
We all know your not coming back onto the track quickly here once you go off-roading.
 
At X3 no tire compound can make the current fuel run. RH were gone in 20 laps especially the left side. I doubt anyone would risk trying to get 20 laps out of them. At X2 RM still can't make the entire fuel run without some serious time loss. Now RH will last but will need to be changed. It should be interesting as I wasn't seeing a huge advantage running RM over RH. My lap times on both compounds were constantly running in the 1:18 to 1:19 range a lap. I'm sure the faster guys will be around a second faster per lap than those times but pushing any harder really runs the risk of eating sand.
We all know your not coming back onto the track quickly here once you go off-roading.
Ya I know. I really like this track but, it's the worst track in the game to go off track on. Dirt and dead grass is not very good at stopping cars. There are walls out there and you can reach them with enough speed too.
 
Ya I know. I really like this track but, it's the worst track in the game to go off track on. Dirt and dead grass is not very good at stopping cars. There are walls out there and you can reach them with enough speed too.

Yeah I've found that wall a few times :lol:
 
I took your Lambo for a spin during testing. It definitely likes this track and it was loads of fun. The AWD system really let me put the power down earlier than the Porsche. Plus the Lambo didn't really show any understeer at Big Willow.
You should have a great race here, However I didn't run the full 20 laps so I don't know how the tire wear will effect it.
 
I took your Lambo for a spin during testing. It definitely likes this track and it was loads of fun. The AWD system really let me put the power down earlier than the Porsche. Plus the Lambo didn't really show any understeer at Big Willow.
You should have a great race here, However I didn't run the full 20 laps so I don't know how the tire wear will effect it.
Yes, I was surprised about that. I thought it would there would be a lot understeer here. This track tends to suit MRs. So guess the mid engine placement the helps balance of the AWD. Just don't overdrive turn 9. Which is the most important the track. Which is easy to do.
 
Last edited:
At 5:48am this morning almost 2hr ago my wife gave birth to our baby boy. He came four days early.

20181027_060141.jpg
 
Is it my imagination or does it look like he has ahold of a steering wheel already at the tender age of a few hours???
Does he have a name Mr. Rinsky?
 
There is no doubt he will be a gearhead.
I've raced real cars & motorcycles and I can also fly an airplane. So at some point I have to pass this knowledge onto my son. But yes GT will be his first taste into the Motorsports world along with a flight simulator.

I can also play the guitar, bass & drums so music will be introduced into his life as well.
 
Just wanted to say that I will most likely not be able to make the race on Saturday. I have an important midterm to take on the following Monday so I'll be focusing on that. So as of right now put me in for "not attending".
And congrats Rinsky!
 
I see i'm a bit slow on this on, but huge congratulations to @Rinsky with the young one! :gtpflag:

Also confirming that i'll be taking part in the race tomorrow :)
 
Thanks to everyone for the congratulations on my new son.

Because my wife had the baby 4 days earlier than predicted we are now back home and settled in so the tomorrows race is on as scheduled with no delays.

I will see everyone tomorrow.
 
I should also remind everyone that your finishing positions for this race will be your starting position for next months 2.4hr at La Mans.

This will allows us to use the time that's normally for qualifying for racing instead so the 2.4hr race will still end at the normal time on that day.

So the racing tomorrow will probably be a little more intense as people try to secure a good starting position for the next race.

We also have a returning player joining us for tomorrow's race that's sure to give the leaders a good battle all race long.
 
I suppose I should try my car out at Willow, I have been a little busy and have not done that yet.
 
I suppose I should try my car out at Willow, I have been a little busy and have not done that yet.

That would benefit you or anyone greatly. This is definitely a track where being consistent will definitely pay off.
 
Back