Multi Class Endurance. Catalunya. 03/11/2019.

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 561 comments

Where shall we race?

• Autopolis

• Blue Moon Bay Infield A

• Catalunya

Results are only viewable after voting.
so-soon_o_1676729.jpg

Yanno, anybody from my neck of the woods would associate that with New Zealand. :P. It needs to be riding a narrow gauge train pulling a load of slate :lol:........ maybe holding a longbow <snicker>

Yanno, anybody from my neck of the woods would associate that with New Zealand. :P. It needs to be riding a narrow gauge train pulling a load of slate :lol:........ maybe holding a longbow <snicker>

We do share a statistic (ish) with New Zealand. There are more sheep in the two countries, than people.

Because we don't like sharing.

This is my sheep.

Get your own.

Practice lobby tomorrow, guys.

Approx 20:00, UK time. I'll confirm everything in the morning (I'm lying. I won't be awake until 13:00) possibility of a short sprint race, if anyone is interested. Say, 10 laps or so.

I'll try and join the end of the practice session mate, depends how long it goes on for, as I want to catch the GP from Mexico.....I need to practice, haven't done a proper lap yet still!!

Practice session moved to the same time as the race. Less interference with the GP, for those who are watching it.

13:00PST - 16:00EST - 21:00GMT

If there's a decent turn out tonight, we'll do a short ten lap sprint. Feel free to try different cars if you want. But, I'll need your choice confirmed by tomorrow. Just so I can make a list of the power/weight of chosen cars for the pre quali check.

Alright, room open. Remember to set power/weight to 100%/100% before you enter :)

0475-4149-2914-1390-4452

Ill be on track soon. Just having a much needed brew :lol:

Ok, I had a tough day yesterday, but... omg 1:50-52 laps? :confused::crazy::dunce: Started with 48-49 laps but after the 7-8th lap my brain just gave up the fight. I did 11 laps on medium tires, the left ones started to transform the car into a Understeer GR.3 car...
@Bivittavus88 you were on softs all along?

Ok, I had a tough day yesterday, but... omg 1:50-52 laps? :confused::crazy::dunce: Started with 48-49 laps but after the 7-8th lap my brain just gave up the fight. I did 11 laps on medium tires, the left ones started to transform the car into a Understeer GR.3 car...
@Bivittavus88 you were on softs all along?

I was. In the 'Vette, or 911, I can make the softs last the same 15 laps as a tank of fuel.

Porsche isn't quite as aggressive on the tyres, though (less weight, and less power) so the drop off in lap times isn't quite as severe.

I was. In the 'Vette, or 911, I can make the softs last the same 15 laps as a tank of fuel.

Porsche isn't quite as aggressive on the tyres, though (less weight, and less power) so the drop off in lap times isn't quite as severe.
15 laps on softs? Scarry:scared:. Every time you go to the pit I get a lap... or earlier :(.

15 laps on softs? Scarry:scared:. Every time you go to the pit I get a lap... or earlier :(.

It's tricky. But, doable. Very little trail braking, and a bit of lift/coast saves the tyres more than you'd think.

Along with a brake bias towards the rear, and being really smooth with the throttle.

@Bivittavus88 and everyone, really sorry but it looks like I'll have to give the race on Sunday a miss...... It appear real life is going to get in the way, and I'll be out of the house for most of the day with the boss (the wife)...... Really sorry again! :banghead:🤬:indiff:

I hope someone streams the race, that was I can see what happens. Good luck to all of you on Sunday.

@Bivittavus88 and everyone, really sorry but it looks like I'll have to give the race on Sunday a miss...... It appear real life is going to get in the way, and I'll be out of the house for most of the day with the boss (the wife)...... Really sorry again! :banghead:🤬:indiff:

I hope someone streams the race, that was I can see what happens. Good luck to all of you on Sunday.

No worries, mate. She who must be obeyed, must be obeyed, after all.

hey @Bivittavus88 - apologies, for some reason i wasn't getting notifications when posts were being made to this thread so i've missed those warm up / practice sessions (and the sheep shenanigans). Plan was, last night.. get home from football around 9.45pm, cup of tea, a few biscuits, shorts and t-shirt on then get a custom race set up to see how i go... but oh no no no, nothing is that easy! Instead I was up till 12:30am trying to get our wi-fi printer to work so my son could print off his CV and job application forms for an interview he's got this morning.. the joy!!
Eventually managed to get on board and put a few laps in and it was noticeable that the fastest laps kicked in around lap 7 or 8 - tyre wear was slight but the fuel had emptied and the car was most solid. Really enjoyed it. I'll maybe be able to bring the better laps into play a bit earlier with more practice.
It also dawned on me that i need to learn the track... BIG STYLE! I've never raced there before and I was starting to enjoy it and get in a flow - the only other glaring schoolboy error was that I'd need to learn the track with no cones!! If I was relying on them for guidance, then the chances are that they'll be all over the grass the longer the race goes on and I'd be left at Puntsville Station when the train was long gone - much to the annoyance of everyone else in the race no doubt.

Really looking forward to this now and hopefully be able to jump back on tonight to get some more laps in - the dailies aren't doing anything for me this week so ya know... LMP1 all the way :cheers:

@Qyn[/USER] with Mistah having to pull out, do you want to run the other TS050?

hey @Bivittavus88 - apologies, for some reason i wasn't getting notifications when posts were being made to this thread so i've missed those warm up / practice sessions (and the sheep shenanigans). Plan was, last night.. get home from football around 9.45pm, cup of tea, a few biscuits, shorts and t-shirt on then get a custom race set up to see how i go... but oh no no no, nothing is that easy! Instead I was up till 12:30am trying to get our wi-fi printer to work so my son could print off his CV and job application forms for an interview he's got this morning.. the joy!!
Eventually managed to get on board and put a few laps in and it was noticeable that the fastest laps kicked in around lap 7 or 8 - tyre wear was slight but the fuel had emptied and the car was most solid. Really enjoyed it. I'll maybe be able to bring the better laps into play a bit earlier with more practice.
It also dawned on me that i need to learn the track... BIG STYLE! I've never raced there before and I was starting to enjoy it and get in a flow - the only other glaring schoolboy error was that I'd need to learn the track with no cones!! If I was relying on them for guidance, then the chances are that they'll be all over the grass the longer the race goes on and I'd be left at Puntsville Station when the train was long gone - much to the annoyance of everyone else in the race no doubt.

Really looking forward to this now and hopefully be able to jump back on tonight to get some more laps in - the dailies aren't doing anything for me this week so ya know... LMP1 all the way :cheers:

No worries, mate. I'll be out of practice by Thursday (off to London for a few days) night. So, I'll be running tests most of Friday, without cones, because I too need to learn not to rely on them.

@Qyn[/USER] with Mistah having to pull out, do you want to run the other TS050?

No worries, mate. I'll be out of practice by Thursday (off to London for a few days) night. So, I'll be running tests most of Friday, without cones, because I too need to learn not to rely on them.

Enjoy! Oh and don't forget to take your passport :lol:

Psn is Resident_Knievel

That confused the hell out of me, the other day. Signed in, saw Resident_Knievel, and was sat there like "Who the hell is this?!"

I'd love to join if there's any space left, running the Porsche 919 if possible.

Awesome. I'll add you to the list.

@Pigems, I'll give you a shout if we have any one else pull out. Assuming the Miata race is cancelled, of course.

That confused the hell out of me, the other day. Signed in, saw Resident_Knievel, and was sat there like "Who the hell is this?!"

Awesome. I'll add you to the list.

@Pigems, I'll give you a shout if we have any one else pull out. Assuming the Miata race is cancelled, of course.

Sounds good man!! It looks like it may be, we only had 8 last race and he said he will cancel if we don’t get 10 guys. :)

Back