Multi Class Endurance. Catalunya. 03/11/2019.

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 561 comments

Where shall we race?

• Autopolis

• Blue Moon Bay Infield A

• Catalunya

Results are only viewable after voting.
Catalunya testing is going pretty well.

7134279064835064848_0.jpg

Alright, guys. Following my short test session with the two Max's, I've decided that if anyone wants to change car after running race/stint length sessions, feel free.

If anyone decides they do want to switch cars (while staying in your class) you have until Sunday 27th to make your choice.

Also, seeing an old Group C car hurtling towards you at almost 350ks is a little unnerving down that back straight.

If anyone decides they do want to switch cars (while staying in your class) you have until Sunday 27th to make your choice.

Win loose or draw, I'm stickin with the love bug :P.

Also, seeing an old Group C car hurtling towards you at almost 350ks is a little unnerving down that back straight.

A piece of advise that Lot's wife ignored may help you there.... "Don't look back" ;).

Hot laps, no idea.

On my simulation run, I was able to run consistent 1.50s on the medium tyres for the 90 mins (bar pit stop laps), and that was being in traffic behind the AI etc.

So I reckon I can do 49 laps...

Race pace laps for me on softs, without short shifting were low to mid 46s. On mediums with short shifting, I was about a second slower.

I didn't run quali pace, flat out laps.

The 'Vette feels like a boat at Catalunya, though. It isn't. It just feels like it is.

I didn't have the time to open a lobby, so I ran offline. Dusk, RM/RM with BoP on (I know, old habbits...), BB +1 and I did 47-48 laps if I'm correct. So in online lobbies this will be 50.xxx or rather 51+ laps to me(?).

Race pace laps for me on softs, without short shifting were low to mid 46s. On mediums with short shifting, I was about a second slower.

I didn't run quali pace, flat out laps.

The 'Vette feels like a boat at Catalunya, though. It isn't. It just feels like it is.
I think all the GT3 cars feel a bit like that because it's a narrow track with surprisingly tight corners in heavy cars.
Your Corvette seemed a bit slow on the straight when I was following (I had the slipstream but it felt more like you were down on power).

Best time for the Jag in a very mistake filled session was a 1.36.5 on semi-worn softs with about half a tank of fuel. The GT3 cars can about match the pace through sector 3 although I think the raw power in the short straights should prevent any double passes. I was able to pass the GT3 into the hairpin and maintain a gap until I could disappear down the home straight.

The Jag is absolutely munching its rears with the rearward brake bias...

I think all the GT3 cars feel a bit like that because it's a narrow track with surprisingly tight corners in heavy cars.
Your Corvette seemed a bit slow on the straight when I was following (I had the slipstream but it felt more like you were down on power).

Most do.

Yeah, the Vette is about 60hp down on your Merc. That said, I'm 15kg lighter. I did a few more very short runs last night, and I do feel a lot better in lighter, lower powered, mid engined stuff.

Porsche, and Alfa are 100hp down on the Mercedes. But, felt nice. Very similar times/top speed to the Corvette. But, turn in/trail braking felt much better.

I didn't have the time to open a lobby, so I ran offline. Dusk, RM/RM with BoP on (I know, old habbits...), BB +1 and I did 47-48 laps if I'm correct. So in online lobbies this will be 50.xxx or rather 51+ laps to me(?).

Nah, you're not going to lose 3 seconds a lap.

The last time I ran the 'vette at Catalunya I seem to remember turn in was nice and sharp for qualy, but during the race you practically had to start turning before you actually got to the corner to get it to turn in.

I quite like it pretty much everywhere else. But, turn feels very lazy at Catalunya. Then again, it suits a lazy driving style. Which I can usually do pretty well.

Nah, you're not going to lose 3 seconds a lap.

I quite like it pretty much everywhere else. But, turn feels very lazy at Catalunya. Then again, it suits a lazy driving style. Which I can usually do pretty well.
I guarantee it doesn't feel as lazy as the XJR-9 does through the hairpin and long right hander before the chicane... Holding about 1/4 - 1/3 revs in second gear and it feels like pushing my bike in a circle when I unlock it from the rack... One impatient squeeze of the fun pedal and I'm in the gravel. Very difficult on the mediums/once the rears have gone.

That works well for a Race C at Brands, just kinda floating round the corners in higher gears, sipping fuel and saving tyres. The 'vette also sounds a lot more laid back. Some cars like the Porsche, the M3 and the Beetle sound :censored:ed off. That lazy V8 of the Corvette makes is seem slower than it actually is.

That lazy V8 of the Corvette makes is seem slower than it actually is.

The V8 burble of the AMG, plus that gear change, oh its so chunky, I love it.

The Merc is very consistent on the Medium tyres. And any performance loss/gain from the rubber was offset against the weight loss/gain from the fuel, which makes it very easy to drive.

I'm running with BB on 2 to the front, and AT on the DS4 so not 'fuel saving'. Full bore for me about 14 laps a time. I did a late splash and dash with about 10 mins left, and decided to shove softs on to take me to the flag and managed 47s.

So I wont be challenging for prizes. But you should at least know what you're gonna get when you come past...

Back