Multi Class Endurance. Catalunya. 03/11/2019.

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 561 comments

Where shall we race?

• Autopolis

• Blue Moon Bay Infield A

• Catalunya

Results are only viewable after voting.
@Invisigoth are you keep me company at the back or are you sodding off up the road as well? :lol:

No idea mate, but I expect so. I'm fronting up cold turkey. Qualy will be my first blush at this combo at these specs. Since I rarely run the Beetle for race Cs I don't have any idea what the fuel economy is like or tyre wear, and at 100% instead of BoP no idea what sort of speed I'll be getting. I could be banging off the rev limiter on the back strait for all I know :lol:. I just felt like running the bug cause no one else does :dopey:.

No idea mate, but I expect so. I'm fronting up cold turkey. Qualy will be my first blush at this combo at these specs. Since I rarely run the Beetle for race Cs I don't have any idea what the fuel economy is like or tyre wear, and at 100% instead of BoP no idea what sort of speed I'll be getting. I could be banging off the rev limiter on the back strait for all I know :lol:. I just felt like running the bug cause no one else does :dopey:.

It's a pretty quick car from what I remember. Fuel efficiency isn't great. Tyre model/physics have changed since I last drove it, so I have no idea what they tyre wear will be like.

Modified livery with a little Hungarian icon :) .
vuktype2.jpg

Last edited:
Just a suggestion. After the auto-drive failures (twice in a row) on the Blue moon bay 150 mile event, would it be safer to do a standing start? Or at least for the second attempt at a race start if the rolling start fails the first time?

This is what happened at Blue moon bay and that's the second attempt at starting the race.

Just a suggestion. After the auto-drive failures (twice in a row) on the Blue moon bay 150 mile event, would it be safer to do a standing start? Or at least for the second attempt at a race start if the rolling start fails the first time?

This is what happened at Blue moon bay and that's the second attempt at starting the race.

Jesus, that's bad.

Yeah, we'll try a rolling start. If it glitches, we'll restart with a grid start.

A piece of advise that Lot's wife ignored may help you there.... "Don't look back" ;).

i need to get a keyboard, the times when i've tried to respond post chat and can't type the words quick enough is almost as frustrating as being stuck behind a slow driver when i start a race with no qualy ;)

I picked one up a few months ago, usually to berate someone who shoved me off track. :lol:

Just did my first race in SR-A and jesus christ it is absolutely horrible.

Absolutely awful racing. I am fully expecting to get demoted back to SR-C - it's probably for the better though since those guys actually know how to drive.

I have gotten to SR S only a couple of times. They ride you like a bronco & in one race, banished to SR A.

SR-S is even worse? That sounds physically impossible.

I didn't save any replays, but I can attest to his comment.

I picked one up a few months ago, usually to berate someone who shoved me off track. :lol:

I have gotten to SR S only a couple of times. They ride you like a bronco & in one race, banished to SR A.

I didn't save any replays, but I can attest to his comment.

Wrong thread?

Going to have a practice lobby open this evening, if anybody wants in. Either at 20:00, or 21:00GMT. I know that may be a little early for some of the US/Canadian guys if they're working. But, I'll hold one at the weekend, too.

Going to have a practice lobby open this evening, if anybody wants in. Either at 20:00, or 21:00GMT. I know that may be a little early for some of the US/Canadian guys if they're working. But, I'll hold one at the weekend, too.

i'll try and make that.. in the meantime, lovin' the Welsh flag 👍

2000/2100GMT? I think that's ok to me too :) .

Last edited:
Going to open a practice room at 20:30GMT. So, an hour and half. I won't be running as El_Beardo_Grande, as I'm getting some track time on my R4M account.

I'll put the room number up in here, once it's open.

I'm off today so I can probably make it. I'll check back later for time confirmation.

I don't really like Spa, mate. So nah, not changing.

That said, keep your eyes open for a one make series with a twist, in a few weeks. That'll contain a meeting at Spa.

Unfortunately.

I'm with you on Spa mate, overrated for me too......I want Donington Park, or Oulton Park in the game.....I can only dream.......

I'm with you on Spa mate, overrated for me too......I want Donington Park, or Oulton Park in the game.....I can only dream.......

And Snetterton, Knockhill, Thruxton.

Thruxton is a little too similar to Goodwood to warrant a place, though. Trac Môn would be perfect. But, I'm biased. I live on the same island.

Kyalami would be nice, too.

And Snetterton, Knockhill, Thruxton.

Thruxton is a little too similar to Goodwood to warrant a place, though. Trac Môn would be perfect. But, I'm biased. I live on the same island.

Kyalami would be nice, too.

Why am I getting a feeling someone wants to stomp their Union Jackboots all over the game? :P

Why am I getting a feeling someone wants to stomp their Union Jackboots all over the game? :P

Ewww. Nah. I had a pair of Union Jack Doc Martens once. Worst boots I've ever wasted money on. Crap leather, no shape, terrible quality :lol:

I just love BSB circuits. I've never actually seen car races at those circuits (apart from Snetterton.)

And in the background is @Bivittavus88 plotting Wexit ;).

so-soon_o_1676729.jpg

Ewww. Nah. I had a pair of Union Jack Doc Martens once. Worst boots I've ever wasted money on. Crap leather, no shape, terrible quality :lol:

I just love BSB circuits. I've never actually seen car races at those circuits (apart from Snetterton.)

so-soon_o_1676729.jpg

Boris the sheep!

Back