Multi Class Endurance. Catalunya. 03/11/2019.

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 561 comments

Where shall we race?

• Autopolis

• Blue Moon Bay Infield A

• Catalunya

Results are only viewable after voting.
@Bivittavus88 If we're dropping the door number shenanigans, may I race with the stock livery? Same car though, R8 Gr.3. I'm just not great at the livery editor. :lol:

I will try to come up with something though, see if I like it. :P
Just a suggestion. When I got a bit bored, I started making similar liveries to the Livery Editor video. Two colors, the "Gran Turismo" logos and some wheels. Done. ;)

@Bivittavus88 If we're dropping the door number shenanigans, may I race with the stock livery? Same car though, R8 Gr.3. I'm just not great at the livery editor. :lol:

I will try to come up with something though, see if I like it. :P

If you looked through the "discover" section of the game, you'll see many people make replicas of their favorite cars.

This is one of the most intricate liveries I've done. A C5.R livery applied to the C7.R. Too bad the GTS placard goes right across the door logo.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/6537876/1/4837446619315044896

Just a suggestion. When I got a bit bored, I started making similar liveries to the Livery Editor video. Two colors, the "Gran Turismo" logos and some wheels. Done. ;)

You could just do a livery with some big sponsor. Motor oil is real popular. Also, I take my oil liveries from my favorite race cars. :D

8503359119443361820_0.jpg

You could just do a livery with some big sponsor. Motor oil is real popular. Also, I take my oil liveries from my favorite race cars. :D

Seeing that many F0rd$ in one shot makes me feel queezy :yuck:. For the purposes of the exercise anything other than stock will do. I started off painting all my cars black and slapping a number on them from the race items menu. Once some custom colours started coming out under mileage points I could murder them out in matt black. There's a bunch of wheels you can acquire from mileage points too just to change it up from stock, and you can change the colour of those too. Just a shame they don't let you do anything to the interior.. I so wanna have a shag pile carpet head liner and a pair of fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view vision mirror.........and a horn that plays "la cucaracha" .......

Alright lol. I might have an idea of which car to use either way, but I'll wait until the track is announced. :D
I'll have dibs on the number 23.

Yeh man... sorry about the delay.

Gr3 911 RSR #7 please my man.
Or... Gr1 Porsche 919 #7... whichever gap you need to fill. I've never raced Cataluyna so bring all your boys and hit me with everything you've got :crazy:

sorry... don't know why i quoted Mistah?!?! Forget that bit.

Yeh man... sorry about the delay.

Gr3 911 RSR #7 please my man.
Or... Gr1 Porsche 919 #7... whichever gap you need to fill. I've never raced Cataluyna so bring all your boys and hit me with everything you've got :crazy:

sorry... don't know why i quoted Mistah?!?! Forget that bit.

No worries, mate.

If you can take the Gr.1 slot, that would be great. Still holding out hope for an even 8/8 split.

i don't want to rock the boat or mess with the organisation... but i was just wondering what the split of nationalities was for this race.. is it viable to do an 'EMEA vs Americas'? or some other permutation? Maybe then do liveries for each team? Just thinking out loud... might be a load of rubbish

I’ll take a Gr1 spot if there are any left with #11, or a reserve spot in either category if spots are full. :)

I'll put you on the reserves for now. I'm expecting to lose a few people once start time is announced. So, you may be fine for either once that's confirmed.

Running the circuit poll until 23:59 tomorrow. Then I'll add a time poll, and run that until Sat 23:59.

i don't want to rock the boat or mess with the organisation... but i was just wondering what the split of nationalities was for this race.. is it viable to do an 'EMEA vs Americas'? or some other permutation? Maybe then do liveries for each team? Just thinking out loud... might be a load of rubbish

We could. But,

• That's far too much of a ballache.
  • That's far too much effort.
  • I don't have the organisational skills.

Nice choice. I need to drive that thing without BoP, to see how my 'Vette compares . .

No idea about pace per se. But I've driven it quite a bit recently so relatively assured I can get around for 90min in one piece!

We could. But,

Plus you'd have me on your team...

I'll put you on the reserves for now. I'm expecting to lose a few people once start time is announced. So, you may be fine for either once that's confirmed.

Running the circuit poll until 23:59 tomorrow. Then I'll add a time poll, and run that until Sat 23:59.

We could. But,

Don't run the circuit poll until 23:59, as we already are 9 vs 2, put the time poll until Sat 23:59. About the EMEA vs Americas, it's sufficient for you to choose a symbol for the EMEA or to put the letters on the side of the car. Then for Americas the America flag.

No idea about pace per se. But I've driven it quite a bit recently so relatively assured I can get around for 90min in one piece!

Plus you'd have me on your team...

Also this :lol:

I forgot to ask, Will BoP be on for this event? Also, will tuning be allowed? Thanks! :cheers:

All in the spoiler posts, Pigeon . . Pigems!! I meant Pigems.

Nah, all setting locked. BoP off, and all cars at 100% power/weight. Keeps things nice and easy (settings) and allows each car's strengths/weaknesses to shine.

Don't run the circuit poll until 23:59, as we already are 9 vs 2, put the time poll until Sat 23:59. About the EMEA vs Americas, it's sufficient for you to choose a symbol for the EMEA or to put the letters on the side of the car. Then for Americas the America flag.

Valid point. I'll leave the circuit poll until I go to bed, and then add time slot options.

The flag/symbol idea isn't bad at all. Can't have it as flags, though. As we may have Canadians and Americans.

Making Canadians race with a US flag would be almost as dangerous as making me race with the English flag, or hardcore Brexiteers racing with the EU flag :lol:

I do like the idea, though. I'll have a think about symbols, and such.

BoP is useful just in Sport/FIA races because everyone will tune their car if not. I don't like it because it makes slow cars OP and fast cars too slow.

My thoughts exactly. Sport/FIA BoP makes the cars a little too homogeneous. 100/100 will be nice. And, locked settings means the more casual players have less to worry about.

I am trusting you all to set power/weight to 100% before entering the lobby, though 👍

Valid point. I'll leave the circuit poll until I go to bed, and then add time slot options.

The flag/symbol idea isn't bad at all. Can't have it as flags, though. As we may have Canadians and Americans.

Making Canadians race with a US flag would be almost as dangerous as making me race with the English flag, or hardcore Brexiteers racing with the EU flag :lol:

My thoughts exactly. Sport/FIA BoP makes the cars a little too homogeneous. 100/100 will be nice. And, locked settings means the more casual players have less to worry about.

I am trusting you all to set power/weight to 100% before entering the lobby, though 👍

If the lobby is friends only, the power / weight shenanigans will most likely be respected.

Also, been driving the R8 around to test it in Arcade mode, completing courses in Pro difficulty to do something more compelling other than time attack. RH tyres, 100% / 100%, stock setting, the car drives beautifully. Befitting of a german touring car machine. :cheers:

I think you can actually see in lobby what people’s power/weight settings are in the live timing menu? I’m not 100% sure on that though. I’m ok with BoP on or off, all it does is shift around the meta cars really. I like the no fine tuning though. :)

For regions, maybe just do it as an East vs West sort of thing? With the Atlantic Ocean being the dividing line. :)

@RappyThePro I've had to stick you in the first Gr.1 reserve slot, mate.
Somehow, I completely forgot to add @Qyn to the list.

Blame lack of caffeine.
It's all good Player. Whichever GR you need filled I'll take that slot. I'll choose a car after that :dopey:. I'm just excited to participate in my 1st multi-class race with a track full of racers with no ill will. This is gonna be awesome! :gtpflag:

Back