Multi Class Endurance. Catalunya. 03/11/2019.

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 561 comments

Where shall we race?

• Autopolis

• Blue Moon Bay Infield A

• Catalunya

Results are only viewable after voting.
Being in EST means all of these options work for me.

But if I have to choose one I’ll pick 3. Organizer preference and all.

Concerning the qualifying stints; will the groups be separated when setting quali times, or will we have Gr.1 and Gr.3 cars setting times together on track?

the way qualifying works in this game, we would all have to go at the same time. Unless the host gives 15 minutes to Gr.1 and 15 minutes to Gr.3 out of the 30 minute total, which would make sense. Otherwise us Gr.3 guys would have to keep giving way to the faster LMPs and Group Cs and Catalunya is rather short to be honest, so there would be a lot of those shenanigans. :cheers:

the way qualifying works in this game, we would all have to go at the same time. Unless the host gives 15 minutes to Gr.1 and 15 minutes to Gr.3 out of the 30 minute total, which would make sense. Otherwise us Gr.3 guys would have to keep giving way to the faster LMPs and Group Cs and Catalunya is rather short to be honest, so there would be a lot of those shenanigans. :cheers:

That's a damned good point, and not something that hadn't even crossed my mind.

The 15/15 split would work nicely. Especially with having the fuel consumption up at 15x for quali.

Edit. Need to change the qualifying fuel consumption rate. Gr.3 don't even get two flying laps at x15. We'll go x10. Saves all of that fuel burning nonsense.

Last edited:

The 15/15 split would work nicely. Especially with having the fuel consumption up at 15x for quali.

Edit. Need to change the qualifying fuel consumption rate. Gr.3 don't even get two flying laps at x15. We'll go x10. Saves all of that fuel burning nonsense.
Excellent, thank you!! Properly excited for this race.

Hey man, just seen this thread. Looks awesome, hope it goes well. Anyone gonna stream it on YouTube?

You're more than welcome to jump in, if we have people drop out.

Im not sure if it'll be on YouTube. The only person here with a dedicated following is @Mistah_MCA. That said, I may see what I can do for getting a good replay saved/edited, and then upload that on my channel.

Im not sure if it'll be on YouTube. The only person here with a dedicated following is @Mistah_MCA. That said, I may see what I can do for getting a good replay saved/edited, and then upload that on my channel.
Cheers bud. Genuinely don't mind not participating, but it would be interesting to watch, even highlights. In any case, I'll check the calendar (by which I mean I'll ask my wife to see if anything is expected of me that weekend) & let you know whether to add me to reserve list. It will give me an excuse to practice Catalunya, a track I'm not overly fond of.

P.s. Ever seen the film Grand Prix from the '60s with James Garner? The race scenes from that are how edited highlights should be, in my humble opinion. Split screen interviews with drivers etc alongside the race footage is so awesome, or simultaneously watching an overtake from both drivers viewpoints. Really clever cinematography.

Cheers bud. Genuinely don't mind not participating, but it would be interesting to watch, even highlights. In any case, I'll check the calendar (by which I mean I'll ask my wife to see if anything is expected of me that weekend) & let you know whether to add me to reserve list. It will give me an excuse to practice Catalunya, a track I'm not overly fond of.

P.s. Ever seen the film Grand Prix from the '60s with James Garner? The race scenes from that are how edited highlights should be, in my humble opinion. Split screen interviews with drivers etc alongside the race footage is so awesome, or simultaneously watching an overtake from both drivers viewpoints. Really clever cinematography.
If you really want some highlights, I can post them on my YouTube Championships channel. It would be nice to post the highlight of a championship like this! If we find a streamer, then, we can also stream the races!

I wouldn't mind recording my perspective.

Also, for Gr. 1 car choice, I'm thinking of going with the Toyota TS050.

Even with the adjustment to the fuel consumption, would it be worth a test run sometime before the big race?

Hell, I only have 64 subscribers. :lol: If I knew how to connect my PS4 stream to YT, I'd likely do it. Just watching me drive like a knob would be worth making popcorn. :crazy:

Two late additions: first, I just got to watch some of Petit Le Mans from Road Atlanta. There were multiple instances of one class car showing displeasure with a lower class car & a couple of crashes between cars in different classes. So, at least I know what to expect. :lol: Second, not to be the golden snitch, but if we're banning the F1 GTR, we might want to consider banning the Viper also. 100% power with that car is 678 HP.

Actually, a third extra thought. @Bivittavus88, if I may, I would like to choose the Ford GT as my ride.

Last edited:
Even with the adjustment to the fuel consumption, would it be worth a test run sometime before the big race?

Hell, I only have 64 subscribers. :lol: If I knew how to connect my PS4 stream to YT, I'd likely do it. Just watching me drive like a knob would be worth making popcorn. :crazy:

Two late additions: first, I just got to watch some of Petit Le Mans from Road Atlanta. There were multiple instances of one class car showing displeasure with a lower class car & a couple of crashes between cars in different classes. So, at least I know what to expect. :lol: Second, not to be the golden snitch, but if we're banning the F1 GTR, we might want to consider banning the Viper also. 100% power with that car is 678 HP.

Actually, a third extra thought. @Bivittavus88, if I may, I would like to choose the Ford GT as my ride.

Yeah, I'll definitely hold a few practice lobbies. Fuel won't be an issue in the race, as it'll be set to 3x. I just don't want everyone fuel saving in quali, so it'll be 10x there.

The speed difference between the two classes is going to make for one hell of a dynamic, should two Gr.1 cars come up behind a Gr.3, while fighting for position.

I don't think the Viper is going to be much of an issue. It's about 300kg heavier than the F1, and from what I remember, it doesn't have great brakes, and eats it's tyres.

Ford GT you say? Done.

Alright guys, start time for this is going to be 1pm PST, 4pm EST, and 9pm GMT.

Could you all confirm if you can race? If so, those without a car choice, can you confirm which car you want to run?

Gr.1
  1. @Mistah_MCA - Toyota TS-050
  2. @DaGiBUS - Audi R18 '16
  3. @Chevy Heavy - Car TBC
  4. @MaxAttack - Jaguar XJR-9
  5. @Sven Jurgens - Nissan R92CP
  6. @Leftcurl - Porsche 919

Gr.3
  1. Bivittavus88 (El_Beardo_Grande) - Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
  2. @JoeyLeonine - Mercedes AMG GT3
  3. @NoStopN - Ford GT
  4. @Kuraudo - Jaguar F Type
  5. @DelboyD - Toyota Supra GR
  6. @Cabernet - Audi R8
  7. @GOTMAXPOWER - Mercedes AMG GT3
  8. @Granadier - Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
  9. @Invisigoth - VW Beetle
@Qyn, still free choice between Gr.1/3.

Room for two more Gr.1 drivers if any Gr.3 guys want to move up.

Last edited:
This looks like this is going to start just after the US Grand Prix finishes!
I might be a bit late for qually, but I'm ok to start from the back if I miss it.

I'll get back you about car choice as I'll need to run some laps without BoP (it's nearly always on for me due to sport mode) and at the fuel/tyre settings for our Spanish race.

I will be bringing the Jaaaaaag XJR-9

I kind of can't resist that glorious 5-speed

It'll definitely be nice having you in the Jag, competing against Sven in the Nissan.

This looks like this is going to start just after the US Grand Prix finishes!
I might be a bit late for qually, but I'm ok to start from the back if I miss it.

I'll get back you about car choice as I'll need to run some laps without BoP (it's nearly always on for me due to sport mode) and at the fuel/tyre settings for our Spanish race.

Don't worry too much about quali. Gr.1 will get the first 15 min slot, followed by us Gr.3 guys.

It'll definitely be nice having you in the Jag, competing against Sven in the Nissan.

That's the thinking, yeah! Even if we get murdered by the prototypes, it should be fun navigating those beasts through the traffic.

My money's on Sven, as I remember from dailies with friends that he's somewhat better than me. Looking forward to it! Will be putting in practice laps as much as possible so I don't embarrass myself too much :)

I've run a few laps in a lobby with our race settings and looked at the power & weight of the GR 3 cars.....

Annoyingly, I'm gonna go with the Toyota Surpa GR 18!

Its quick and I can fuel save without having to think too much about it (I've never raced in a Sport Mode C race or an FIA race, so fuel saving isn't a skill I have learned).

I've never missed around with the power or weight settings of any of my cars, so I'll automatically be at 100% for both power and weight.

Alright guys, start time for this is going to be 1pm PST, 4pm EST, and 9pm GMT.

Could you all confirm if you can race? If so, those without a car choice, can you confirm which car you want to run?

Gr.1
  1. @Mistah_MCA - Toyota TS-050
  2. @DaGiBUS - Audi R18 '16
  3. @Chevy Heavy - Car TBC
  4. @MaxAttack - Jaguar XJR-9
  5. @Sven Jurgens - Nissan R92CP
  6. @Leftcurl - Porsche 919

Gr.3
  1. Bivittavus88 (El_Beardo_Grande) - Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
  2. @JoeyLeonine - Mercedes AMG GT3
  3. @NoStopN - Ford GT
  4. @Kuraudo - Jaguar F Type
  5. @DelboyD - Car TBC
  6. @Cabernet - Audi R8
  7. @GOTMAXPOWER - Mercedes AMG GT3
  8. @Granadier - Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
  9. @Invisigoth - VW Beetle
@Qyn, still free choice between Gr.1/3.

Room for two more Gr.1 drivers if any Gr.3 guys want to move up.
Confirmed to race and ready to go! Will be racing in my HKS C7.R with livery courtesy of GTSRL member @ironduck92. Can it be Nov 3rd already?

20191013105935.jpg

20191013111807.jpg

Back