Multi Class Endurance. Catalunya. 03/11/2019.

Discussion in 'GTS Online Racing & Leagues' started by Bivittavus88, Oct 6, 2019.

?

Where shall we race?

1. Autopolis

2. Blue Moon Bay Infield A

3. Catalunya

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

I'm in :tup: I'm curious to see how the GT3 vs Gr.C lappery goes, I wouldn't be surprised if the GT3 cars are quicker in the final sector with the hairpin and tight chicane, we will all have to keep an eye out for each other.

Qyn, Pigems and Bivittavus88 like this.
  2. Leftcurl

Leftcurl

i'm in!
    this is going to be strange territory for the Gr3 drivers with 100% settings.. can't wait to see how it pans out... but it'll feel weird to drive the next day with BOP on I bet.
    I better get on with starting to learn the track i guess :scared:

Qyn, Pigems, DelboyD and 1 other person like this.
  3. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

Confirming my entry! See you there!

4. MaxAttack

MaxAttack

In my few test laps the jag hasn't been too slow through the chicane. It rotates in quickly and the acceleration is pretty thunderously instant. Comparable to GT3 but either way, if I play it careful and tuck behind a GT3 through there, I'll still easily pass on the nice wide straight, so I don't see myself getting impatient at that sector.

Hoping to be well practiced enough that I shouldn't cause an incident :)

RacingGrandpa, Qyn, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  5. NoStopN

NoStopN

Terrific. It should be easy to pass you. You'll be in the sand trap. :lol:

Uh, that would be us in Gr. 3. :odd:

I (for some reason) keep thinking that we're running at Fuji. I can't seem to get Catalunya in my mind. It doesn't matter. I should put John Deere sponsorship on my car because I'm always off the track mowing grass. :boggled:

Also, as a heads up, if you haven't seen any of my on board videos, I drive with the chase cam, so I don't have a rearview mirror to see you Gr. 1 rockets coming. But, I do look back relatively frequently.

100% for both will seem strange. BoP is close enough that this should feel like a daily race. In offline mode, I drop weight to its lowest & power to its highest. :bowdown:

Now, which livery to use? Hmm...since it was used for a press release car & it made the first post by GT Planet for an article, I'll let it shine again.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  6. Bivittavus88

Bivittavus88

From my (very) limited testing, the old Group C cars are about equal with the new GT3 cars through that sector. A little faster. But, not a lot.

This is part of the reason I've decided to go with 100/100. It's a whole new dynamic to get used to. Especially for me in the 'Vette, which doesn't have it's power/weight altered too much, compared to the likes of the R8. It'll be interesting to see how I cope with the new found speed that thing will have.

I did consider running at Fuji. But, it's a very strong track for me, in any class of car, and I'd hate to have some sort of unfair advantage given my love, and experience of the track.

Slap a number on that bad boy, and you're good to go.

Qyn and Pigems like this.
  7. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

It might not be so simple... I have Peter Brock and Larry Perkins driving for me ;).

8. Chevy Heavy

Chevy Heavy

This sounds like it's going to be fun. I'll drive the Toyota TS050. I guess it's time to get some track time in. @Invisigoth it was fun racing with you at St. Croix last night.

9. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

I'm using the TS050 as well...

8d6.jpg

Bivittavus88, Qyn and Pigems like this.
  10. Qyn

Qyn

I'll take a GR1 spot :), and I'll run the Toyota TS-050 as well since it's the GR1 car I've raced with the most.

Bivittavus88 likes this.
  11. Chevy Heavy

Chevy Heavy

Maybe. Actually I just want to use because it because it has my IMSA livery on it. Should be interesting when we catch the GR3 cars. This is the dynamic I like most about endurance racing as compared to most other motorsports series.

Sorry @Qyn I think there is only 2 of each car allowed and I just claimed #2. :) Maybe @Bivittavus88 can bend the rules.

Bivittavus88, Mistah_MCA and Qyn like this.
  12. DaGiBUS

DaGiBUS

Every car at 100/100? That doesn't seem balanced at all to me considering that each car in each class is quite different in their characteristics.

Qyn and Bivittavus88 like this.
  13. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

Likewise :D. Thanx for being patient. You had quite a few possibilities. I wasn't sure if you were backing out or if my braking points were later :confused:.

Chevy Heavy, Qyn and Bivittavus88 like this.
  14. Kuraudo

Kuraudo

Yep, I'm still in with my awesome GR.3 Jaguar :D .

Lapping: I think lapped players are always become ghost. No matter what the room ghosting settings are.

Qyn and Bivittavus88 like this.
  15. Bivittavus88

Bivittavus88

@Chevy Heavy is right, @Qyn. Closest I can go is the the TS-030.

Sorry, mate. It's the only thing I'm not willing to change.

Given that we don't have a balanced skill level, and we're mixing LMP1, with Group C, I don't think it's going to be too much of an issue. Gr.3 are balanced enough, really.

If I was running this as a series, with championship points, I'd balance BoP a little more.

Nah, you can turn lapped ghosting off.

Chevy Heavy, Qyn and Kuraudo like this.
  16. Kuraudo

Kuraudo

Oh, I didn't know that :cheers:. I'll have to use my mirror a lot...:rolleyes:

JoeyLeonine likes this.
  17. Leftcurl

Leftcurl

yes me too... i like to check my hair whilst negotiating the final chicane... can't be seen on the SF straight with my parting out of place :cool:

JoeyLeonine and Kuraudo like this.
  18. Qyn

Qyn

Oh no no no, there will be no rule bending on the count of me :odd:. I'll just pick something else :scared: :lol:.
    EDIT: Thanks for the heads up Player. It's was all in the details lol.
    The TS-030 will do just fine man :D.

See, fluid like water, and can flow with just about anything ;).

19. DaGiBUS

DaGiBUS

Not interested if there's no actual BoP. Sorry.
    Have a good race.

Bivittavus88 and Qyn like this.
  20. Bivittavus88

Bivittavus88

With your new decal on, yes?

Qyn likes this.
  21. Bivittavus88

Bivittavus88

No worries, mate.

If this goes well, and I decide to run a series with my own BoP, I'll give you a shout.

DaGiBUS and Qyn like this.
  22. Qyn

Qyn

Oh Absolutely! Don't think I've ever done a livery on the 030. Can't wait to see where I can put it :dopey:. Thanks again Big Bearded One :bowdown:. We shall display it with pride! :cheers:

JoeyLeonine likes this.
  23. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

I don't think the BoP that is used in the lobbies is the same as what they do for the dailies anyway. For the dailies we have seen other settings changed besides power and weight, but it lobbies it's just those two. Will be interesting to see over the course of the race how it all pans out. As far as I know Gr3 as a catagory has a specific set of specs to work within, so at 100% they should run as the manufacturers intended. There is a certain degree of BoP built in to the specs I think.

Qyn, JoeyLeonine and Bivittavus88 like this.
  24. MaxAttack

MaxAttack

Me and my 900+hp spaceship death machine couldn't care less about how balanced the field is when we're pitching the back end out around turn 3

Qyn, JoeyLeonine and Bivittavus88 like this.
  25. Bivittavus88

Bivittavus88

My theory is that cars with power will eat their tyres faster (because more power, and they'll need to break harder/earlier) and burn fuel faster. So, any extra pace in lap time should be balanced by lighter/less powerful cars needing less time in the pits.

Hopefully.

We'll see how it goes.

Neeeeeeeeee - "help meee" - ooowwwwwwwww

Qyn and Granadier like this.
  26. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

It's all good. There's a nice big pile of kitty litter to catch you.... you like your rally sims, doncha? :lol:

27. Kuraudo

Kuraudo

:D

28. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

Shhh! Don't let @Pigems see that! Ya just know he'd be aiming at that corner full throttle just to see how much air he can get off the bump!!! :scared:

29. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Too late! :D Was that Igor? :lol:

Qyn, Invisigoth and Kuraudo like this.
  30. JoeyLeonine

JoeyLeonine

First and only Gr.1 car that I custom liveried. Spent I don't know how long getting it to look like the Drayson Racing Lola of yesteryear. Then realised the TS030 was uncompetitive compared to the 50 and that I suck with Gr.1s in general. So other than a few Gr.C liveries for fun I haven't touched them since.

Theoretically. So in the real world, the Gr.3 cars are all BoP'd to some extent to meet the GTE regulations. So it makes sense that when they are all made virtual and PD does its attention to detail that their settings would match the real world cars and therefore be relatively well balanced against each other.

But then they go and throw some crazy cars that don't actually exist in the Gr.3 category. Take a punt on settings. Realise that none of those cars would actually be able to compete under the real world regulations and that they are in no way shape or form balanced with the real virtual cars and so have to nerf and buff stuff on an adhoc basis for online parity... Then call that... BoP...

Bivittavus88, Pigems and Invisigoth like this.