Multi Class Endurance. Catalunya. 03/11/2019.

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 561 comments

Where shall we race?

• Autopolis

• Blue Moon Bay Infield A

• Catalunya

Results are only viewable after voting.
Alright guys, start time for this is going to be 1pm PST, 4pm EST, and 9pm GMT.

Could you all confirm if you can race? If so, those without a car choice, can you confirm which car you want to run?
I'm in đź‘Ť I'm curious to see how the GT3 vs Gr.C lappery goes, I wouldn't be surprised if the GT3 cars are quicker in the final sector with the hairpin and tight chicane, we will all have to keep an eye out for each other.

Could you all confirm if you can race? If so, those without a car choice, can you confirm which car you want to run?

Gr.1
  1. @Mistah_MCA - Toyota TS-050
  2. @DaGiBUS - Audi R18 '16
  3. @Chevy Heavy - Car TBC
  4. @MaxAttack - Jaguar XJR-9
  5. @Sven Jurgens - Nissan R92CP
  6. @Leftcurl - Porsche 919

Gr.3
  1. Bivittavus88 (El_Beardo_Grande) - Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
  2. @JoeyLeonine - Mercedes AMG GT3
  3. @NoStopN - Ford GT
  4. @Kuraudo - Jaguar F Type
  5. @DelboyD - Car TBC
  6. @Cabernet - Audi R8
  7. @GOTMAXPOWER - Mercedes AMG GT3
  8. @Granadier - Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
  9. @Invisigoth - VW Beetle
@Qyn, still free choice between Gr.1/3.

Room for two more Gr.1 drivers if any Gr.3 guys want to move up.
Confirming my entry! See you there!

I'm in đź‘Ť I'm curious to see how the GT3 vs Gr.C lappery goes, I wouldn't be surprised if the GT3 cars are quicker in the final sector with the hairpin and tight chicane, we will all have to keep an eye out for each other.
In my few test laps the jag hasn't been too slow through the chicane. It rotates in quickly and the acceleration is pretty thunderously instant. Comparable to GT3 but either way, if I play it careful and tuck behind a GT3 through there, I'll still easily pass on the nice wide straight, so I don't see myself getting impatient at that sector.

Hoping to be well practiced enough that I shouldn't cause an incident :)

I'll be a zombie, but I'm in :lol:.

Terrific. It should be easy to pass you. You'll be in the sand trap. :lol:

Even if we get murdered by the prototypes, it should be fun navigating those beasts through the traffic.

Uh, that would be us in Gr. 3. :odd:

I wouldn't be surprised if the GT3 cars are quicker in the final sector with the hairpin and tight chicane, we will all have to keep an eye out for each other.

I (for some reason) keep thinking that we're running at Fuji. I can't seem to get Catalunya in my mind. It doesn't matter. I should put John Deere sponsorship on my car because I'm always off the track mowing grass. :boggled:

Also, as a heads up, if you haven't seen any of my on board videos, I drive with the chase cam, so I don't have a rearview mirror to see you Gr. 1 rockets coming. But, I do look back relatively frequently.

This is going to be strange territory for the Gr3 drivers with 100% settings.. can't wait to see how it pans out... but it'll feel weird to drive the next day with BOP on I bet.

100% for both will seem strange. BoP is close enough that this should feel like a daily race. In offline mode, I drop weight to its lowest & power to its highest. :bowdown:

Now, which livery to use? Hmm...since it was used for a press release car & it made the first post by GT Planet for an article, I'll let it shine again.

48226988017_ffb5269ba7_h.jpg

Last edited:

From my (very) limited testing, the old Group C cars are about equal with the new GT3 cars through that sector. A little faster. But, not a lot.

this is going to be strange territory for the Gr3 drivers with 100% settings.. can't wait to see how it pans out...

This is part of the reason I've decided to go with 100/100. It's a whole new dynamic to get used to. Especially for me in the 'Vette, which doesn't have it's power/weight altered too much, compared to the likes of the R8. It'll be interesting to see how I cope with the new found speed that thing will have.

I (for some reason) keep thinking that we're running at Fuji.

Now, which livery to use? Hmm...since it was used for a press release car & it made the first post by GT Planet for an article, I'll let it shine again.

48226988017_ffb5269ba7_h.jpg

I did consider running at Fuji. But, it's a very strong track for me, in any class of car, and I'd hate to have some sort of unfair advantage given my love, and experience of the track.

Slap a number on that bad boy, and you're good to go.

Gr.1

Gr.3
  3. @NoStopN - Ford GT
  5. @DelboyD - Toyota Supra GR
  6. @Cabernet - Audi R8

I'll take a GR1 spot :), and I'll run the Toyota TS-050 as well since it's the GR1 car I've raced with the most.

I'm using the TS050 as well...

Maybe. Actually I just want to use because it because it has my IMSA livery on it. Should be interesting when we catch the GR3 cars. This is the dynamic I like most about endurance racing as compared to most other motorsports series.

Sorry @Qyn I think there is only 2 of each car allowed and I just claimed #2. :) Maybe @Bivittavus88 can bend the rules.

Gr.1

Gr.3
  3. @NoStopN - Ford GT
  5. @DelboyD - Toyota Supra GR
  6. @Cabernet - Audi R8

Yep, I'm still in with my awesome GR.3 Jaguar :D .

Lapping: I think lapped players are always become ghost. No matter what the room ghosting settings are.

Qyn
I'll take a GR1 spot :), and I'll run the Toyota TS-050 as well since it's the GR1 car I've raced with the most.

Sorry @Qyn I think there is only 2 of each car allowed and I just claimed #2. :) Maybe @Bivittavus88 can bend the rules.

@Chevy Heavy is right, @Qyn. Closest I can go is the the TS-030.

Sorry, mate. It's the only thing I'm not willing to change.

Every car at 100/100? That doesn't seem balanced at all to me considering that each car in each class is quite different in their characteristics.

Given that we don't have a balanced skill level, and we're mixing LMP1, with Group C, I don't think it's going to be too much of an issue. Gr.3 are balanced enough, really.

If I was running this as a series, with championship points, I'd balance BoP a little more.

Yep, I'm still in with my awesome GR.3 Jaguar :D .

Lapping: I think lapped players are always become ghost. No matter what the room ghosting settings are.

Nah, you can turn lapped ghosting off.

Maybe. Actually I just want to use because it because it has my IMSA livery on it. Should be interesting when we catch the GR3 cars. This is the dynamic I like most about endurance racing as compared to most other motorsports series.

Oh no no no, there will be no rule bending on the count of me :odd:. I'll just pick something else :scared: :lol:.
EDIT: Thanks for the heads up Player. It's was all in the details lol.
@Chevy Heavy is right, @Qyn. Closest I can go is the the TS-030.

Sorry, mate. It's the only thing I'm not willing to change.

Given that we don't have a balanced skill level, and we're mixing LMP1, with Group C, I don't think it's going to be too much of an issue. Gr.3 are balanced enough, really.

If I was running this as a series, with championship points, I'd balance BoP a little more.

Nah, you can turn lapped ghosting off.
The TS-030 will do just fine man :D.

See, fluid like water, and can flow with just about anything ;).

I don't think the BoP that is used in the lobbies is the same as what they do for the dailies anyway. For the dailies we have seen other settings changed besides power and weight, but it lobbies it's just those two. Will be interesting to see over the course of the race how it all pans out. As far as I know Gr3 as a catagory has a specific set of specs to work within, so at 100% they should run as the manufacturers intended. There is a certain degree of BoP built in to the specs I think.

I don't think the BoP that is used in the lobbies is the same as what they do for the dailies anyway. For the dailies we have seen other settings changed besides power and weight, but it lobbies it's just those two. Will be interesting to see over the course of the race how it all pans out. As far as I know Gr3 as a catagory has a specific set of specs to work within, so at 100% they should run as the manufacturers intended. There is a certain degree of BoP built in to the specs I think.
Me and my 900+hp spaceship death machine couldn't care less about how balanced the field is when we're pitching the back end out around turn 3

As far as I know Gr3 as a catagory has a specific set of specs to work within, so at 100% they should run as the manufacturers intended. There is a certain degree of BoP built in to the specs I think.

My theory is that cars with power will eat their tyres faster (because more power, and they'll need to break harder/earlier) and burn fuel faster. So, any extra pace in lap time should be balanced by lighter/less powerful cars needing less time in the pits.

Hopefully.

We'll see how it goes.

Me and my 900+hp spaceship death machine couldn't care less about how balanced the field is when we're pitching the back end out around turn 3

Neeeeeeeeee - "help meee" - ooowwwwwwwww

Qyn
Oh Absolutely! Don't think I've ever done a livery on the 030. Can't wait to see where I can put it :dopey:. Thanks again Big Bearded One :bowdown:. We shall display it with pride! :cheers:

First and only Gr.1 car that I custom liveried. Spent I don't know how long getting it to look like the Drayson Racing Lola of yesteryear. Then realised the TS030 was uncompetitive compared to the 50 and that I suck with Gr.1s in general. So other than a few Gr.C liveries for fun I haven't touched them since.

Theoretically. So in the real world, the Gr.3 cars are all BoP'd to some extent to meet the GTE regulations. So it makes sense that when they are all made virtual and PD does its attention to detail that their settings would match the real world cars and therefore be relatively well balanced against each other.

But then they go and throw some crazy cars that don't actually exist in the Gr.3 category. Take a punt on settings. Realise that none of those cars would actually be able to compete under the real world regulations and that they are in no way shape or form balanced with the real virtual cars and so have to nerf and buff stuff on an adhoc basis for online parity... Then call that... BoP...

Back