Multi-Class SuperGT Championship - Congratulations Winners!

• Thread starter GTWelsh
  • 306 comments
As race 1 approaches, a reminder of the warm up lap and rolling start rules:
  1. The race begins on lap 2, lap 1 is a warm up lap, into a rolling start
  2. Single file on the warm up lap.
  3. Leaders only: Try to keep a max speed of 80mph or 128kph @Freddude
  4. Once you hit the pit straight move into a neat staggered formation.
  5. Leader closest to the pit wall. @Freddude
  6. Leaders only: The leader can begin the race when they choose as soon as everyone is on the pit straight at the end of lap 1. @Freddude
  7. Once the Leader has decided to go fast the rest can start.
  8. No overtaking on lap 1, at all, even if the leader has started to race.
Watching a SuperGT race start makes it more clear. See the second post.

Last edited:
SUPERGT CORRECT RACE POSITIONS 1-2 STAGGER LEAVE A GAP 3-4 STAGGER LEAVE A GAP AND SO ON
sgt roll start.jpg

Reminder, short quali at half 7 BST (GMT+1) for people that were effected by my incorrect use of GMT in the calendar section of first post.

Race at 9! :D

Yeah... I was indeed 3rd...

IMG_20180607_235730.jpg

I don't know where you saw the 31,863 coming. You read the times wrong and that changed the whole race.

Sorry that I had to retire but my arm hurts right now. It was hard to keep the car steady (given that I use tilt controls) so I had to park it.

Last edited:
Yeah... I was indeed 3rd...

View attachment 741922

I don't know where you saw the 31,863 coming. You read the times wrong and that changed the whole race.

Sorry that I had to retire but my arm hurts right now. It was hard to keep the car steady (given that I use tilt controls) so I had to park it.
Its a mixture of jimmys time and yours mate, no idea how on earth I ended up doing that. I can only apologise :( rushing about I suppose :(.

That was a sucky race for me in terms of actually racing.

found it hard to deal with the gt500 cars, the cornering speeds are just next level.

I will ask that the gt500 guys evaluate if it's worth the risk overtaking or just holding off. A couple of occasions, waiting would have helped me out a lot and it wouldn't have effected them really. I know you're racing too but having an accident isn't worth it!

Dealing with GT500 cars is so hard when it comes to either letting them past or waiting until they overtake you.

Also I have to apologise to @Freddude for what happened at the start. I got sudden understeer coming out of the corner.

All in all a pretty great race though right? :)
Traffic really was hard yesterday. As a GT500 driver i only saw the GT300 field being very friendly and generous with regards to giving space for me to pass. Thanks guys.

For me the issue was more the difference in how you gave space. Some of you would literally go off track or almost come to a stop at times, while at other times you stayed on the racing line, but showed you were expecting a pass. The unpredictable nature of this gave way to a few little misunderstandings..

I think in most cases, slowing down is unneccessary and a bit dangerous for both of us. Try to pick the outside line and keep racing, but on a slightly wider line, clearly leaving space on the faster line.
You can (and should) keep racing as fast as you can, as long as the space is there. At that point it is up to us as the faster car to make a safe pass.

The GT500 field probably needs to be a bit more patient and careful with passes. We shouldn't expect or attempt huge dives just just because we know thats the speed we potentially could corner at without traffic. Sometimes we will be held up. We have to accept that.

Remember that this is a learning experience for all of us at this point.

Back