Multi-Class SuperGT Championship - Congratulations Winners!

• Thread starter GTWelsh
  • 306 comments
Haha yeah we had a little dance there for a while. At the least the issue was that we both wanted to give a bit of space to the other. Not the worst problem to have, and we didn't lose much time from it.

Nice controlled dive to the outside in the end though, for a second i thought you'd lost it.

Yea I agree with that traels, a few times i found it confusing on which line the gt300 would take and found myself spinning of track with unnatural line trying to avoid any collisions with a gt300,..... experience curve it certainly is lol

Well guys where do I start:

Fantastic race start Fred and everyone else's race positions looked bang on

Gt300 overtaking was a buzz I found it better for yous staying on the line and sticking to racing rather than backing out and then there was no predicting where to go. But the ones that got out the way nice for respecting the blue flags and I thort it worked out very well.

Congratulations on yous all and thanks to everyone making the effort to coming making racing worth racing

Nice bit of live feed vp cobra

#respect

yeah it all worked well. Just a little too well on gt300 behalf. I use my mirrors a lot and when I seen the cars on my bumper forcing past I had no choice but to move and lose time.

I only dabbed brakes a few times to show I was allowing the pass rather than holding up, or id move off line and let off the accelerator.

for the next race, or maybe a practice race, we should see how things go if the we do a le mans style and just treat the whole situation as fighting for position and see how it works? I know its very different for each track, last night would never have worked like such as the racing lines are so particular and if you run off line its going to cause issue.

yeah it all worked well. Just a little too well on gt300 behalf. I use my mirrors a lot and when I seen the cars on my bumper forcing past I had no choice but to move and lose time.

I only dabbed brakes a few times to show I was allowing the pass rather than holding up, or id move off line and let off the accelerator.

for the next race, or maybe a practice race, we should see how things go if the we do a le mans style and just treat the whole situation as fighting for position and see how it works? I know its very different for each track, last night would never have worked like such as the racing lines are so particular and if you run off line its going to cause issue.
I think at the end of the day, a GT300 being caught by a GT500 isn't exactly a normal blue flag scenario. The cars are not even racing each-other so I can see your point, it's something we've discussed before and it will be brought back up :) . However normal "same-class" blue flags should be viewed as "get out the way bro".
When I watched the SuperGT in real life the GT300s dont really move out the way at all.

I'm more than happy and more comfortable with yous staying on the racing line as i no you's are racing too i would only expect one to slow off line if they are been lapped by same class or suffered some sort of damage.

Reminder about success weight and the weight decals:

Weight is your total points X 2 (on page 1) added to your normal KGs.
So if you have a 1300kg car, and you have 15 points you need to get your weight to (at a minimum) 1330kgs.
And you'll display the 30KG weight decal :) .

Also if you had 22Kgs added you would display the 20KG and 2KG decals together.

I had a blast watching Cobra’s feed (thanks a ton). I have never seen such good and polite driving on all sides. Keep in mind I could only see Cobra’s POV, but he was a true gentlemen racer and anyone who was ever around him showed the same respect.

To me this expemlified what our racing group has been trying to achieve. Great to see it in action.

My apologies I had to miss this one. My travel schedule is conflicting with my fun schedule :-)

are you meaning the regular weights or the goodsmile racing weights though?
Gt means this version. but i no your after the animated characters version
supergt kondo #44.jpg

Round 2 provisional grid. Subject to change due to any people that can't make it.
  1. GT500 - vrsSTIG @fastnloud30
  2. GT500 - T5Black @T5Black
  3. GT500 - remedagent @Remedagraham1
  4. GT500 - dad24dh @dad24dh
  5. GT500 - Fred_dude @Freddude
  6. GT500 - mattt1973 @Matt1973
  7. GT500 - traels666 @Traels
  8. GT500 - DirtenDK
  9. GT300 - GT-Welsh
  10. GT300 - Allaloneatron @BigJimmy
  11. GT300 - jw_wk1010
  12. GT300 - FlichFloch @FlichFloch
  13. GT300 - Addy21_NL @Addy21_NL
  14. GT300 - samdigby @Sam digby
  15. GT300 - jimmy281090 @D-Max
  16. GT300 - VERT_CJohn @CrazyJohn
(couldn't find some people to tag)

Also @fastnloud30 can confirm this but I think the idea for round 2 onward is for the GT300 people to not immediately move out the way for GT500, they're not racing each-other and so normal blue flag rules don't apply. If it's easy to do I don't see why you shouldn't (but going off-line can cause confusion) but don't bin the car on the grass to ensure the GT500 lot come through easy. The GT500 cars are plenty fast enough to pass a GT300 car at full speed, it may just take a little patience. If you watch some real life SuperGT you'll see this in action.

Last edited:
Round 2 provisional grid. Subject to change due to any people that can't make it.
  1. GT500 - vrsSTIG
  2. GT500 - T5Black
  3. GT500 - remedagent
  4. GT500 - dad24dh
  5. GT500 - Fred_dude
  6. GT500 - mattt1973
  7. GT500 - traels666
  8. GT500 - DirtenDK
  9. GT300 - GT-Welsh
  10. GT300 - Allaloneatron
  11. GT300 - jw_wk1010
  12. GT300 - FlichFloch
  13. GT300 - Addy21_NL
  14. GT300 - samdigby
  15. GT300 - jimmy281090
  16. GT300 - VERT_CJohn

Also @fastnloud30 can confirm this but I think the idea for round 2 onward is for the GT300 people to not immediately move out the way for GT500, they're not racing each-other and so normal blue flag rules don't apply. If it's easy to do I don't see why you shouldn't (but going off-line can cause confusion) but don't bin the car on the grass to ensure the GT500 lot come through easy. The GT500 cars are plenty fast enough to pass a GT300 car at full speed, it may just take a little patience. If you watch some real life SuperGT you'll see this in action.
Yes totally agree only come off racing line if you have suffered some sort of damage

Do you all understand the weight ballast rules and have we all added the weight decals ?

Added weight is your points in the series so far (see first post) multiplied by 2.

(This maxes out at 100kg however, details about this are in the first post and reminders about this will be given out when someone would otherwise exceed 100kg)

With GTSports unique and horrendous way of changing spec (using % sliders for power and weight) we often can't get the weight to the correct figure.

Please use the official ballast weight as a minimum and get as close as you can. Don't blame me, blame PD :P .

Last edited:
Tweaked first post. Also added a note about the ballast system.

In real life they run 8 rounds, round 7 is 1pt per kilo and 8 is ballast free. We will run round 5 as 1pt per kilo and round 6 ballast free.

Back