Multi-monitor support in GT6?

• Thread starter Jope_Fin
  • 337 comments
the last of 5 copies of gt5 academy edition arrived in the post today, now i can keep this in the blu ray drives and switch between when i eventually get set up.
the gt6 copies are all digital, i did the install, logout deactivate via sen website, and so i got 1 purchsase of gt6 on 10 consoles, by doing another 2 every 6 months.

BTW 24" lenovo 75hz freesync monitors are £75 right now, im real tempted, but not sure if there is a major difference between 5x24" and 5x27" setups?

whats ideal? 24, 27 or even 32 in a 5 screen setup?
Everyone will tell you to buy 3 instead of 5 and go bigger. But before you listen to them, look at the angles they have to put in on 3 big screens to get the 180 degrees field of view (FOV) (which is what your really want).. Its obscene. Maybe with large, wide, curved screens I can see it working, but that is going to run to how much??

Flat 27" screens are really cheap. 5 of them means less angle between each screen. Mine are 27's and I have a 180 view with a really shallow transition angle from 1 screen to the next. The extra ps3's cost me about $40 each!

But beware..... 5 screen support on PC (should you be planning to go there) is a tricky business.

The gaming community will grow tired of VR real soon - wearing a sweaty headset is not fun, and the FOV is shee1te - you HAVE to move your head to look around as you will see nothing from the corner of your eye. All the while screens are getting cheaper. At the end of the day, it depends how much space you have. My 5 screen rig is over 2.5M wide and about that deep once you take the seat into consideration.

Is there an any advantage in buying GT5 academy over standard? I ask because I am looking to buy 5X GT5 - mainly because there is apparently no limit on screens (gt6 limited to1X3 or 1X5), so I can perhaps go to 9X2!!!!

If it helps, here's a vid I made for the "racing school" on the hub.... it was very difficult to get the 5 screens in the frame (I had to put the camera at the back of the room), and it really does no justice to the feeling you get when you are sat in the middle of them.

Last edited:
Everyone will tell you to buy 3 instead of 5 and go bigger. But before you listen to them, look at the angles they have to put in on 3 big screens to get the 180 degrees field of view (FOV) (which is what your really want).. Its obscene. Maybe with large, wide, curved screens I can see it working, but that is going to run to how much??

Flat 27" screens are really cheap. 5 of them means less angle between each screen. Mine are 27's and I have a 180 view with a really shallow transition angle from 1 screen to the next. The extra ps3's cost me about $40 each!

But beware..... 5 screen support on PC (should you be planning to go there) is a tricky business.

The gaming community will grow tired of VR real soon - wearing a sweaty headset is not fun, and the FOV is shee1te - you HAVE to move your head to look around as you will see nothing from the corner of your eye. All the while screens are getting cheaper. At the end of the day, it depends how much space you have. My 5 screen rig is over 2.5M wide and about that deep once you take the seat into consideration.

Is there an any advantage in buying GT5 academy over standard? I ask because I am looking to buy 5X GT5 - mainly because there is apparently no limit on screens (gt6 limited to1X3 or 1X5), so I can perhaps go to 9X2!!!!

If it helps, here's a vid I made for the "racing school" on the hub.... it was very difficult to get the 5 screens in the frame (I had to put the camera at the back of the room), and it really does no justice to the feeling you get when you are sat in the middle of them.

just bought five 24 inch monitors at bargain price, well excited

Screenshot 2021-05-02 at 02.00.51.png

just bought five 24 inch monitors at bargain price, well excited

View attachment 1008150

That is a bargain, well done!! You will have a blast with 5 screens, you can even race 5 screens online now with GT5! Let me know if you need any help with setup. What are your plans for mounting them? I ended up buying some wood and making a custom height-adjustable table.

Last edited:
i was thinking of getting these from amazon, about 200 all in, 2 singles and 1 triple, and get a circular table from ikea

Screenshot 2021-05-02 at 21.18.18.png

i need to make space though, and find a way to break the news to wifey, she is gonna go mad......

Last edited:
Yes i looked at those but figured I still needed a curved table, so i spent the money building that and just used ordinary table stands that came with the monitors. I very nearly went for a framework to rear mount the screens, but was a bit worried about wobble and figured the extra space on a curved desk would be useful to hold PS3s etc It is!

You and I are the only 5 screeners I know about by the way. I don't think the PC boys can do it!

Last edited:
Be careful with the ikea table. I spent a lot of time designing mine to enable me to adjust the screen positions to my liking, but by far the most difficult bit was that at the time I had no idea what height my seat would end up (your eye needs to be level with the middle of the screens) so I ended up making all the legs height adjustable (about 10" either way). Probably still have the plans if you want. The extra desktop space is very useful for drinks, glasses, keys, ps3s and controllers etc. Before installed all the kit, I stood behind it and felt like a barman! Made a mental note of that for the future!! By designing my own, I was able to make everything I wanted, I even made the end "leaves" collapsible/foldable.

This is an early stage of the design but it gives you a good idea of what I was after.. It cost me about £150 I think and about a days work. Maybe materials were slightly cheaper than Ikea, but I did end up with EXACTLY what I wanted! All from a 1200X2400 sheet of MDF and 3 X 3M batons.... and a lot of screws and hinges!

table.JPG

Last edited:
Yeah I am concerned about wobble also.

I've got a t500rs with GT stand, so don't want to attach anything to that because it will move, I haven't got tools to make a full DIY table, but I'm gonna see if I can find a heavy curved table and attach the arms to that.

Not gonna buy arms yet, gonna do my research, screens are arriving tomorrow, so will do a trial layout to see what is the best angles for them.

I'm in no rush to complete, Hard pressed for time, working 2 jobs 7 days a week at the minute, I've got my real life car in the gge undergoing a turbo conversion, already 8k into that and and still need a few more £££s to finish and then gotta get it tuned....

My whole gt5/6 adventure started when I got dq'd from driving, hopefully won't happen again but when my car has 500bhp who knows......

oooohhhhh, no rush!!! that is the key to this adventure!!! I also have a T500 with T3PA and TH8A. Trial layouts are where it is at! Measure twice, cut once!
The tools I used were handheld jigsaw (about £30), and a dremel. I guarantee you will use both again for something else! (other than hammers, screwdrivers, hand saws etc).

Back