Multi-monitor support in GT6?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by Jope_Fin, May 19, 2013.

1. Jope_Fin

Jope_Fin

GT5 got multi-monitor support as an update in 1.06. Hopefully GT6 will get multi-monitor support as well as once you get used to wide display environment it's hard to go back.

2. dr_slump

dr_slump Premium

I don't think they'll drop it.

3. Jope_Fin

Jope_Fin

Also I truly hope they'll fix the occasional on-line problem where screens 2 and 3 turn blank.

4. Lord Protector

Lord Protector

You need 3 PS3s for it right?

5. dr_slump

dr_slump Premium

Yes

6. Tornado

Tornado

Well, one benefit from PD building the game around the feature would be that there is a greater chance of them rooting out bugs than when they patched it into the game after the fact like GT5.

7. CinnamonOD

CinnamonOD

Yes, pretty expensive, isn't it?, but a friend says is it worth the experience :cool:

8. Dean

Dean

Many people says, once you go triple-screen, you won't be going back. I must admit, I haven't tried it. I think, PD'll leave it, as it is in GT5. They probably fix the problems, but not more, I think.

GRAN007 and GBO Possum like this.
  9. TheeFrogmanlego

TheeFrogmanlego (Banned)

I saw a video with a guy who had five screens , playing GT5 ? Can you do that?

GRAN007 likes this.
  10. dr_slump

dr_slump Premium

Yes

GRAN007 and GBO Possum like this.
  11. Flying_Kefran

Flying_Kefran Premium

Multi-screen in gt5 increases occurence of online problems in 8+ players lobbies. I hope it will improved.

GRAN007 likes this.
  12. tillbot8

tillbot8

What new code will need to be written if it is on the same console? I assume we will pick up where we left off in updates on GT5 to GT6 ( With the bugs they came with hopefully ironed out)

13. JDmsz

JDmsz

It's really stupid and worthless $$$ to buy three TVs, three ps3, and three gt6 discs. That's all about $2500+ of equipment.

GRAN007 likes this.
  14. occasionalracer

occasionalracer

When viewed against other hobbies, it's about right... I surely don't want to mention any comparisons to real life racing activities.

15. Jope_Fin

Jope_Fin

Most of us here already own PS3 accompanied with GT5 and so did I, thus I bought three new 23" displays with thin bezels 109 Eur each, two used PS3's with 120 Eur each. On top of that I needed two more GT5 games 20 Eur per game, so upgrade was 607 Eur. Worth every penny and all hobbies cost money :)

Pseudopod and GBO Possum like this.
  16. Zero7159

Zero7159

This is a big one for me. I have the triple monitors and the triple PS3s. As noted above, once you go triples its hard to go back. GT5 on triples looks great. Now I just need three copies of a GT6 game with multi-monitor support.

GBO Possum likes this.
  17. Joe Ferreira

Joe Ferreira

Is it the GT5 program or the PS3 that disallows the use of multiscreens. Can one not play GT5 on a PC and have multiscreen. Is GT5 only playable on the PS3 console. I'm confused.
    Will GT6 support multiscreen.

18. Gravitron

Gravitron Moderator

The PS3 can only output to one screen, so you had to have 3 PS3's and 3 copies of GT5. All GT games are Playstation only, not for PC.

GBO Possum likes this.
  19. Joe Ferreira

Joe Ferreira

Answered in a nutshell! Thanks

20. townnet

townnet

Is possible 1xPS4 handle triple screen? But i don't think so Sony stupid to do this.

21. dr_slump

dr_slump Premium

How do you want to connect 3 TVs to it? It only has one HDMI port.

22. townnet

townnet

That's why i say Sony are not stupid to design PS4 with 3 HDMI port, they want people buy 3 unit so can earn more $$$.

23. Samus

Samus

One PS4 couldn't handle the huge resolution increase of triple screen, no. Same reason it can't handle 4K resolution games on one display.

GBO Possum likes this.
  24. WyldAnimal

WyldAnimal

I'm hoping - Asking for GT6 to provide a DLC for the Other Screens.
    Install to All PS3's from same Blu-Ray, but to get Multi-Screen to work, you run a DLC on the PS3(s) used for the Side views.

That Way you Don't Need to Purchase (3) Copies of GT6, just to have Multi-Screen

I've already got (3) PS3's , (3) 32" Screens, and (3) copies of GT5 ( purchased the other (2) from e-bay Cheap ), So my Multi-Screen is already setup, and I don't want to Give it up.. But it will Sux to have to Buy 3 NEW copies of GT6 just to have Multi-Screen

I want a DLC that Allows the PS3's for the Side screens to run with out the Blu-Ray Disk..
    With the DLC, it won't let you Play the Game, but only lets you enter Multi-Screen mode.
    So no disc needed.

jobyone likes this.
  25. Zuel

Zuel (Banned)

GT6 already supports a three screen set up. If you look at the center screen you'll notice it's GT6 and not GT5.
    [​IMG]

ProjectF likes this.
  26. Samus

Samus

No its GT5.

KiroKai likes this.
  27. Chippy569

Chippy569

Yes, because a vast majority of the people who will ever buy a PS4 will have it in triple screen.

Let's be honest with ourselves now. Triple screen is a feature that very, very few people use. Its existence was basically band-aided into place to appease the few people that demanded it, and also because it's a great tech showcase. However it's clearly requiring a rather unpractical setup in order to run it. Triple screen was never intended to be a mainstream option; the fact that you have to stitch together 3 consoles with 3 copies of the game is proof.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  28. dr_slump

dr_slump Premium

Did you ever play GT5?

KiroKai likes this.
  29. BrandonW77

BrandonW77

Don't be hatin'! ;) I too am anxiously waiting to hear whether or not GT6 will support multi-monitors. While I'd like to presume it will be carried over from GT5, as Chippy stated above it is not a widely used feature and I could see it being removed to make room for other features. But, it makes a very impressive display for any events they go to and that alone could be worth it to them to keep it in GT6. Since I have invested in the multi-monitors I would have a hard time purchasing GT6 if it did not support this feature, and would instead put that money towards a proper gaming PC where pretty much every game will support triples. It is true, once you've experienced the triple screens it's difficult to do it any other way. (Also, I have never experienced online room problems with my multi-monitors, and since only one of them is connected to the internet it should have no impact to online racing).

30. Phouchg

Phouchg

That is such a weird setup.. Like sitting in a giant car ^^ Probably works if you sit a bit further away though..