Multi-monitor support in GT6?

• Thread starter Jope_Fin
  • 337 comments
Also I truly hope they'll fix the occasional on-line problem where screens 2 and 3 turn blank.

Well, one benefit from PD building the game around the feature would be that there is a greater chance of them rooting out bugs than when they patched it into the game after the fact like GT5.

Many people says, once you go triple-screen, you won't be going back. I must admit, I haven't tried it. I think, PD'll leave it, as it is in GT5. They probably fix the problems, but not more, I think.

What new code will need to be written if it is on the same console? I assume we will pick up where we left off in updates on GT5 to GT6 ( With the bugs they came with hopefully ironed out)

It's really stupid and worthless $$$ to buy three TVs, three ps3, and three gt6 discs. That's all about $2500+ of equipment.

It's really stupid and worthless $$$ to buy three TVs, three ps3, and three gt6 discs. That's all about $2500+ of equipment.

When viewed against other hobbies, it's about right... I surely don't want to mention any comparisons to real life racing activities.

Most of us here already own PS3 accompanied with GT5 and so did I, thus I bought three new 23" displays with thin bezels 109 Eur each, two used PS3's with 120 Eur each. On top of that I needed two more GT5 games 20 Eur per game, so upgrade was 607 Eur. Worth every penny and all hobbies cost money :)

This is a big one for me. I have the triple monitors and the triple PS3s. As noted above, once you go triples its hard to go back. GT5 on triples looks great. Now I just need three copies of a GT6 game with multi-monitor support.

Is it the GT5 program or the PS3 that disallows the use of multiscreens. Can one not play GT5 on a PC and have multiscreen. Is GT5 only playable on the PS3 console. I'm confused.
Will GT6 support multiscreen.

The PS3 can only output to one screen, so you had to have 3 PS3's and 3 copies of GT5. All GT games are Playstation only, not for PC.

That's why i say Sony are not stupid to design PS4 with 3 HDMI port, they want people buy 3 unit so can earn more $$$.

I'm hoping - Asking for GT6 to provide a DLC for the Other Screens.
Install to All PS3's from same Blu-Ray, but to get Multi-Screen to work, you run a DLC on the PS3(s) used for the Side views.

That Way you Don't Need to Purchase (3) Copies of GT6, just to have Multi-Screen

I've already got (3) PS3's , (3) 32" Screens, and (3) copies of GT5 ( purchased the other (2) from e-bay Cheap ), So my Multi-Screen is already setup, and I don't want to Give it up.. But it will Sux to have to Buy 3 NEW copies of GT6 just to have Multi-Screen

I want a DLC that Allows the PS3's for the Side screens to run with out the Blu-Ray Disk..
With the DLC, it won't let you Play the Game, but only lets you enter Multi-Screen mode.
So no disc needed.

GT6 already supports a three screen set up. If you look at the center screen you'll notice it's GT6 and not GT5.

That's why i say Sony are not stupid to design PS4 with 3 HDMI port, they want people buy 3 unit so can earn more $$$.

Yes, because a vast majority of the people who will ever buy a PS4 will have it in triple screen.

Let's be honest with ourselves now. Triple screen is a feature that very, very few people use. Its existence was basically band-aided into place to appease the few people that demanded it, and also because it's a great tech showcase. However it's clearly requiring a rather unpractical setup in order to run it. Triple screen was never intended to be a mainstream option; the fact that you have to stitch together 3 consoles with 3 copies of the game is proof.

Last edited:
Yes, because a vast majority of the people who will ever buy a PS4 will have it in triple screen.

Let's be honest with ourselves now. Triple screen is a feature that very, very few people use. Its existence was basically band-aided into place to appease the few people that demanded it, and also because it's a great tech showcase. However it's clearly requiring a rather unpractical setup in order to run it. Triple screen was never intended to be a mainstream option; the fact that you have to stitch together 3 consoles with 3 copies of the game is proof.

Don't be hatin'! ;) I too am anxiously waiting to hear whether or not GT6 will support multi-monitors. While I'd like to presume it will be carried over from GT5, as Chippy stated above it is not a widely used feature and I could see it being removed to make room for other features. But, it makes a very impressive display for any events they go to and that alone could be worth it to them to keep it in GT6. Since I have invested in the multi-monitors I would have a hard time purchasing GT6 if it did not support this feature, and would instead put that money towards a proper gaming PC where pretty much every game will support triples. It is true, once you've experienced the triple screens it's difficult to do it any other way. (Also, I have never experienced online room problems with my multi-monitors, and since only one of them is connected to the internet it should have no impact to online racing).

GT6 already supports a three screen set up. If you look at the center screen you'll notice it's GT6 and not GT5.
That is such a weird setup.. Like sitting in a giant car ^^ Probably works if you sit a bit further away though..

Back