Music w/ Racing

  • Thread starter Thread starter halfracedrift
  • 38 comments
  • 1,264 views

Does music help you with your racing?

  • Yes

    Votes: 19 45.2%
  • No

    Votes: 23 54.8%

  • Total voters
    42
Messages
3,133
Has anyone found that by playing "ravvy" music in the background, you're mentally more focused and tend to win more races? i have...
 
sound2.gif
I always turn the music off in every game I have.
sound2.gif
 
I always turn it off. But i have it on in the replays, because it's good music too watch a good run.
 
I turn the game music off, then put on a CD or the radio. I could not do an endurance without any music in the background. Even the sweetest sounding car will get boring after a while
 
I never thought of putting a cd in! That's a great idea, if i ever decide to do the endurances again, i'll do that.
 
nope no music and no ghost car (free run mode) either
 
Usually listen to some music in the background, makes things more enjoyable and can help me focus. It's usually rock/metal although the music from initial d is starting to be played far too much ;)
 
Yeah, I have to have music on in the background. Not the game music though. I always pop in one of my Nirvana cds to listen to.

-Sam
 
Originally posted by Bollocks#999
nope no music and no ghost car (free run mode) either
Ditto! I don't use race music (though I do use replay music). I used to race to music but I prefer to listen to the car itself.

I thought I was the only onw who didn't like the ghost. Most people tell me to race the ghost to go faster, but all it does for me is block the view of the apexes (when it's in front of me) or make me drive in the mirror (when it's behind me). I use the analyzer to compare two runs, but I'm slower every time when I drive with the ghost on.
 
Only in the replays, and that'll probably get turned off, too.

And no ghost either.
 
I always listen to music when playing games but I have found that GT3 has aweful music (PAL version). I hate Feeder, Grand Theft Auto and all the other tripe they have put in. A bit of Metallica, Megadeth and Slayer playing in the background helps things along nicely
 
I turn it off, that way i can hear my BOXER motor rumble that my WRX STi Ver. VI has!
 
Yep... but only MP3's played with Winamp v2.81 :)
I don't play the music included on the GT3-disc!
 
i find that when i listen to music, i end up (only in the enduros) driving the car to the beat of the music. like break tapping, steering tapping, ect. i don't know why i do it though. maybe becuase the enduros get very boring after the fist 15 min.
:odd: :confused:
 
The music in GT3 sucks!

The 2 or 3 tracks that are even bearable cant carry the entire games music, because youll be hearing the same song's all the time.


I usually put on a CD. I also have 40 channels of music on my TV that I can have running thru the TV speakers when GT3 is going thru stereo speakers. Although I dont normally like this music, I find the Rave Channel is best for racing.
 
music make u drive with ur emotion so sometimes its good ..sometimes its not
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
Ditto! I don't use race music (though I do use replay music). I used to race to music but I prefer to listen to the car itself.

I thought I was the only onw who didn't like the ghost. Most people tell me to race the ghost to go faster, but all it does for me is block the view of the apexes (when it's in front of me) or make me drive in the mirror (when it's behind me). I use the analyzer to compare two runs, but I'm slower every time when I drive with the ghost on.


for all those reasons i HATE the ghost
you say you thought you where the only one, i thought the exact same thing:lol: :D
 
you guys like to customize! what if you couldn't turn off the music?

could you live? i could.
 
wow... so many replys in one day.. lol
in my opinion, initial D music is pretty good when you race
but once you 'overlisten' to it, the effect wears off....
just today i decided to take the songs for a listening while i did some free runs...
the music really helps you to concentrate... but i never use it for enduros..... i usually just plunk myself infront of my cpu and start chattin and racing.. @ the same time
 
Well, if GT3 had a similar soundtrack to need for speed hot pursuit 2, id probobly leave the music on. NFS:HP2 not only has a decent sountrack, but it ALTERNATES songs within a race, not the same old boring song over and over and over and over.....etc.
 
Do you want to hear some amazing bass playing? Get the album 'Close to the Edge' by Yes and just listen to the bass player.

cover.closeedge.jpg
 
I usually have my SFX turned down but i do notice that the game has plenty of songs but mine just seems to play the same four or five over and over and over and over and over and over.......and sometimes it grates on the nerves especially in and endurance race.
:banghead:
 
There are about 20 songs in the game. You can choose which ones you want to listen to. Go to 'Options'. One of the options will be a list of the songs. Press X to select/de-select the songs.
 
Makes no odds to me. In real life though, I seem to go better with dance music on the stereo.
 
Hello everybody. I don't like the music while racing...I enjoy the sound of the 787B's crazy engine.:)
 
Back