Music w/ Racing

  • Thread starter Thread starter halfracedrift
  • 38 comments
  • 1,264 views

Does music help you with your racing?

  • Yes

    Votes: 19 45.2%
  • No

    Votes: 23 54.8%

  • Total voters
    42
I love racing to the music, I'm running my ps2 sound through my yamaha receiver with optical monster cable then to my klipsch reference speakers... man you would think Lenny Kravitz is playing live next to me in the passenger seat. Just like when im rolling in my booming grand cherokee:p
 
Once i have finished and completed a cd of 20 songs that i like i will play that while i'm racing. :)
 
I usually listen to the soundtrack music, but I've "unselected" a lot of the songs (be it they're too boring or too trashy). The music does help me get into a groove- I would listen to my own music via CD player, but I like to hear my car too. ;) (Especially since I shift by sound)

I absolutely hate the ghosts with all of the hatred I posses. I tried using it, but all the thing does is get in my friekin' way. What's even more annoying is the fact that when you have ghosts turned off, every single time you exit a race or get a fast lap, you get the "Do you wish to update your ghost" message, and I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally selected "Yes"... shoot, PD, if I chose to turn off the ghost in the Options, why on earth do you keep pestering me about it?!? :mad:
 
i barely listen to music when im playing games i get so concentrated but in endurances or after bout 10 mins of racing uhhhh i listen to music after first lap for bout 2 laps for me its like lap 1 lap 2 lap 3 then its like lap 30 geez talk bout losing myself lol
and u notice when u do taht if u have asm tcs its harder to lose urself but u never spin around when u do that its like perfect racing u dont even kno what corner is next but u still slow down almost perfect timing and u dont drift either perfect control perfect braking works very very well
 
Originally posted by milefile
The ghost of James Joyce? Naahhhh....
James Joyce meets e e cummings!

Portrait Of The Drifter As A Young Man...
 
If they had some better tunes that inspire me (which wouldn't work for many others) that I would totally use it; but the ones there are for the most part not stuff I like.
 
Like I said before... I always play my MP3's while racing... but Feeder - Buck Rogers (Included in GT3) simply ROCKS!!!
rockon.gif
 
Back